Noob with a noob question regarding custom roms

Onyoursix

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
So my question is, how hard would it be to do this with a custom rom that someone has already made.

Add a few apk's to be installed
change settings default, screen time out to 15 sec, preset gesture lock, and brightness
install some libs to /data/data/newfoldername

I have over 500 phones I need to do this to and they need to be rooted so having these changes in a custom rom would make my life a billion times easier. I've never made a custom rom or anything but if I could add these into someone elses rom I wonder if that would be possible. Settings aren't a HUGE deal but a time savor, mostly the apk's and the libs are the key things I need.

Thanks any suggestions are appreciated

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
well you can make your own rom. there are many threads on making your own rom. few things you will need are linux (ubuntu is usually suggested) or a virtual machine setup on your pc. next is downloading everything needed for the rom.

here is a thread for info:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/hacking/6037-general-rom-faq.html

also google is your friend. there are many other walk-throughs on making your own rom on other various forums.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
1) Easy
2) Easy
3) Easy

Hope that helps!!

Kidding. But in reality the answer was genuine in that it would be easy. There are other issues your probably not looking at right now because they haven't happened yet but i see some flaws with the idea of doing it like this. You might need to adjust your game plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty