Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 89
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  
    AVanover5's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    Yeah, it does sound like most of the file extraction problem on this thread are related to the cab file it points you to download. I think it is the source rather than the downloaders that are the problem, as multiple people saw the problem.

    I like KP500 better anyway, less to install and no dependency on MSXML.
    It sounds more like the users were speed reading and didn't "Run as Administrator" when using KDZ. I've used this method because I had to. So it definitely works.
  2. #27  

    Default

    Nah, we figured out the problem.

    The cab file referenced in the first post ends up downloading a file that caused the LG Software Updater to come back with a file extract error.

    We discovered this when shifting our efforts to using the KP500 tool, which is basically a command line version of KDZ.

    One user had downloaded a V9 cab that zefie had archived. Another had the V9 cab from the first post here. The latter had the file extract error from the LG Software Updater tool. The former did not. We compared checksums and found the cab files were different.

    I suspect if we had gone back and tried the working V9 cab with KDZ then everything would have worked fine, but we didn't know that at the time we were trying KDZ and everyone was stuck and the file extract error.

    Thanks for getting back to us.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    AVanover5's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    Nah, we figured out the problem.

    The cab file referenced in the first post ends up downloading a file that caused the LG Software Updater to come back with a file extract error.

    We discovered this when shifting our efforts to using the KP500 tool, which is basically a command line version of KDZ.

    One user had downloaded a V9 cab that zefie had archived. Another had the V9 cab from the first post here. The latter had the file extract error from the LG Software Updater tool. The former did not. We compared checksums and found the cab files were different.

    I suspect if we had gone back and tried the working V9 cab with KDZ then everything would have worked fine, but we didn't know that at the time we were trying KDZ and everyone was stuck and the file extract error.

    Thanks for getting back to us.
    Why would this be though? Since the cab from this post has worked successfully before (my output shows proof of this)?
  4. #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVanover5 View Post
    Why would this be though? Since the cab from this post has worked successfully before (my output shows proof of this)?
    Don't know, possibly there is some problem with the current download from LG that wasn't present when you downloaded it. Possibly it depends how the file gets downloaded. You could run a checksum comparing the one that worked for you with the current one. A couple of people on this thread all ran into the same extract file error.

    It isn't KDZ spitting the error. It is the LG Software Updater tool, which both KDZ and KP500 are calling to do the firmware writing.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
  5. #30  

    Default

    While the cab files for the two users I mentioned above were different

    KingDavidBaker's checksum (retrieved from KDZ thread)
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...tml#post601487

    DCJoe's checksum (retrieved from Zefie's archive)
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...tml#post601474

    I just downloaded the cab file from your first post again to re-verify the checksum and it matches what is expected (ie it matches Zefie's archive)

    It's possible it was a temporary problem with the LG download site for the cab file that happened to coincide with when all of us were trying KDZ.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
  6. #31  

    Default

    I'm trying this procedure on a Optimus V using the associated Optimus V firmware from csmg.lgmobile.com. However, I am getting the same kdz extraction error. I don't suppose anyone knows where to download a working cab file for the Optimus V? I assume I can't flash the Optimus S firmware onto it. Am I mistaken?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  
    AVanover5's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denshigomi View Post
    I'm trying this procedure on a Optimus V using the associated Optimus V firmware from csmg.lgmobile.com. However, I am getting the same kdz extraction error. I don't suppose anyone knows where to download a working cab file for the Optimus V? I assume I can't flash the Optimus S firmware onto it. Am I mistaken?
    No, you can't use the Optimus S firmware. If you're getting that error with the correct cab file then the md5 checksum is incorrect which means the LG site is having transmission issues. So, you'll need to download from another source. Can I see the specific link you downloaded from, just to be sure you've got the correct one?

    These may be of some help...
    http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...sp?model=VM670
    http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...heck2.jsp?esn="MEID here"

    You can also try using KP500 Utils (a command-line based version of KDZ): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTQS4EF9
    Thanked by 2:
  8. #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVanover5 View Post
    No, you can't use the Optimus S firmware. If you're getting that error with the correct cab file then the md5 checksum is incorrect which means the LG site is having transmission issues. So, you'll need to download from another source. Can I see the specific link you downloaded from, just to be sure you've got the correct one?

    These may be of some help...
    http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...sp?model=VM670
    http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...heck2.jsp?esn="MEID here"

    You can also try using KP500 Utils (a command-line based version of KDZ): MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    The firmware file I tried is: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata..._13.P61007.cab
    It's md5 is: bfa3258f18d61c4034b9bdeacf66e3f6

    With KP500 and the same cab file, I was able to start the process. Unfortunately, the Analysis step returned this:
    Updating is not possible any longer due to a fatal error while the LG Mobile Phone Software Update.
    And the log ends with this:
    23:49:21 : ****************CheckAndDownload********************
    23:49:21 : ******Extract Start VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.cab*****
    23:49:21 : Model Dll Dir(C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\)
    23:49:21 : ExtractInfo Error(0)
    23:49:21 : Extract cab file error.
    23:49:21 : [C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone] オコナ荳ョ サ霖ヲ ステオオ
    23:49:21 : RemoveDirectory1 Error(2):C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone
    23:49:21 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR
    23:49:21 : CLGMobileHttp Class シメク・テタロ.
    23:49:21 : CLGMobileHttp Class シメク・..
    23:49:21 : Page_Error コホコミタヤエマエル
    23:49:21 : OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate
    EDIT: I was renaming the .cab to .kdz. When I used the .cab file directly, the log ended with this error:
    00:04:22 : ****************CheckAndDownload********************
    00:04:22 : ******Extract Start VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.cab*****
    00:04:22 : Model Dll Dir(C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\)
    00:04:22 : Extracted C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\\VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.wdb\n
    00:04:22 : WDB(or DZ) FullPath(C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\\VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.wdb)
    00:04:22 : Extracted C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\\VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.wdh\n
    00:04:22 : Necessary information not found\n\nPlease contact via http://www.lgservice.com[009,400,102,102,102].
    00:04:22 : [C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone] オコナ荳ョ サ霖ヲ ステオオ
    00:04:23 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR
    00:04:23 : CLGMobileHttp Class シメク・テタロ.
    00:04:23 : CLGMobileHttp Class シメク・..
    00:04:23 : Page_Error コホコミタヤエマエル
    00:04:23 : OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate
    Any ideas? Thank you for your help.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  
    AVanover5's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

    Default

    You're definitely using the correct link but I can't be sure if the md5 is correct because I don't have an original to compare it to. But the file extracted so I don't think there was a data transmission error because, at the very least, the header of the file is intact. My best educated guess is there is some communication issue from PC to Phone (In KDZ, it will show "Phone=-1"). In which case, you'll need to uninstall/reinstall all the drivers for the phone as pointed out in the OP (unplug any other unnecessary devices as well, such as USB Mass Storage devices). If it is a data transmission error then you'll need to find a good cab file (the md5 checksum will be different). But again, I highly doubt that was the case.

    I would message zefie and see if he knows anything. I looked on his site for an Optimus V cab file (just in case you did actually get a bad cab) but didn't find anything. Index of /zefie/files/cell/LGVM670/cab - Mystic Midnight Files. The_ERROR from xda-developers is a good person to contact as well. Here are a couple of his posts on KDZ:
    [HOWTO] Phone not responding at all - last chance to repair - xda-developers
    [ROMS] Original LG Firmware list - xda-developers

    There are a few posts here describing the use of KP500. I don't think you did anything wrong in your procedure but it doesn't hurt to check. Of course, change according to your cab file and your model. I'm not familiar with KP500, only KDZ. So I couldn't tell you anything specific from the log file (whereas someone else might).
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...tml#post602790
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...tml#post601470
    Thanked by:
  10. #35  

    Default

    Thank you for the suggestions; I appreciate it!
  11. #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denshigomi View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions; I appreciate it!
    Were you able to figure out how to unbrick your optimus v? I'm in the same boat. I tried flashing to the Sprint VC rom and my phone would not boot just hangs at the spring logo (i know, stupid, probably shouldn't of done that =)). Now I'm trying to restore to the Virgin Mobile stock rom, but I get the same fatal error in the LG update tool.

    Did you figure out how to unbrick? Do you know how to get the Optimus V into emergency mode (i can't get the buttons in the OP to work)? Any tips would be much appreciated!

    Thanks!
  12. #37  

    Default

    Couldn't force flash the Virgin Mobile cab file, but I was able to flash v7 from Index of /zefie/files/cell/LGLS670/roms/LGNPST Recovery/cab - Mystic Midnight Files and it booted successfully. Got it rooted and installed recovery, so successfully un-bricked for the time being =)

    Thanks guys! And a special thanks to Zefie for posting these files and all the dev support he's provided for this phone!
  13. #38  
    trippingjimmies's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.1

    Default

    This procedure saved my ****. Thank you so much to the OP!

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
  14. #39  

    Default

    I cant flash here the error i get *****CheckPCSyncPrograms Start*****
    17:13:30 : PCSyncPrograms Not Found
    17:13:31 : CLGMobileHttp Class Ҹ.
    17:13:31 : CLGMobileHttp Class Ҹ...
    17:13:31 : ****************CheckAndDownload********************
    17:13:31 : ******Extract Start c:KP500-Utils-EN-v0.4.2\LS670ZV7.cab*****
    17:13:31 : Model Dll Dir(C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\)
    17:13:31 : ExtractInfo Error(0)
    17:13:31 : Extract cab file error.
    17:13:31 : [C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone] 丮 õ
    17:13:31 : RemoveDirectory1 Error(2):C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone
    17:13:32 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR
  15. #40  
  16. #41  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dailllestjc View Post
    17:13:31 : ****************CheckAndDownload********************
    17:13:31 : ******Extract Start c:KP500-Utils-EN-v0.4.2\LS670ZV7.cab*****
    17:13:31 : Model Dll Dir(C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\)
    17:13:31 : ExtractInfo Error(0)
    17:13:31 : Extract cab file error.
    Is that the right filename? ZV7? no slash after C: ( C:\ )
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
  17. #42  

    Default

    i agree with the first commenter, i hope that i never actually need to use this again, except i just tested this method, to ensure it worked, and i cant express how good it feels to have this failsafe backup in case of a warranty emergency =) although i have to admit it was pretty scary when the emergency mode screen first popped up=)

    after tracking down the latest correct firmware for the optimus t, i just tried this fix using my LG P509 Optimus T and it successfully restored me from my custom rom, to the original LG firmware(my only issue was Gmail repeatedly forceclosed on me), afterwhich i attempted a recovery, and it also restored the stock recovery mode from the modded one, after the recovery the Gmail issue was fixed and i proceeded to setup my initial preferences.
    but this is just a thank you from me to the creator of this software and to the writer of this guide/tutorial, and to let others know that this actually works, now i can safely test multiple roms with peace of mind

    also id like to note that my script did'nt match yours in a few steps. but regardless, after the ending script appeared it was successful
  18. #43  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnnkushh View Post
    i agree with the first commenter, i hope that i never actually need to use this again, except i just tested this method, to ensure it worked, and i cant express how good it feels to have this failsafe backup in case of a warranty emergency =) although i have to admit it was pretty scary when the emergency mode screen first popped up=)

    after tracking down the latest correct firmware for the optimus t, i just tried this fix using my LG P509 Optimus T and it successfully restored me from my custom rom, to the original LG firmware(my only issue was Gmail repeatedly forceclosed on me), afterwhich i attempted a recovery, and it also restored the stock recovery mode from the modded one, after the recovery the Gmail issue was fixed and i proceeded to setup my initial preferences.
    but this is just a thank you from me to the creator of this software and to the writer of this guide/tutorial, and to let others know that this actually works, now i can safely test multiple roms with peace of mind

    also id like to note that my script did'nt match yours in a few steps. but regardless, after the ending script appeared it was successful
    also note that for the optimus t version you must select 3GQCT and diag for this to work, the t version is not cdma. another note, i havent tried this in the other modes CS_EMERGENCY or EMERGENCY, only DIAG, hope this was helpful
  19. #44  

    Default

    I unbricked my phone but i get no 3g now anyone fix that yet
  20. #45  

    Default

    i unbricked my phone but havent gotten 3g anyone kno how to fix that
  21. #46  

    Default help I have a lg ls670 that is major bricked

    I did a factory reset and guess what ..... now all i get is the lg logo at start up and when I try to put it in e-mode the screen gos blank. Can anyone help??
    JBLunz likes this.
  22. #47  

    Default

    i followed the guide as best i could, givin the broken links, KDZ keeps saying phone not found.
    im pretty sure i have the correct drivers installed as i used my optimus v to get my computer online prior to the bricking. that work glitch free for weeks.

    my problem is this:
    phone hangs upon boot at the very first LG smileyfaced ******* staring at me.
    recovery just shows a blueish tinted screen after that ********* is done mocking me.

    im not getting any notifications when i plug my phone into my computer, so im guessing the phones usb data isint working? cause it will charge, just wont show the charging animation. gonna try this adb shell craziness to see what happens, will update later tonight
  23. #48  

    Default

    in step 6, which file exactly are you referring to? I'm sorry, I get confused easily sometimes.
  24. #49  

    Default need help with my lg optimus v.

    i was trying to get ginger bread on my lg optimus v and i must have messed up so know my phone wont reboot to regular virgin mobile screen. im stuck at recovery mode and dont know what to do. can someone plz help im clueless
  25. #50  

    Default i kill my evo

    hello users im just trying to find out if is theres anything that i can do to unbrick my evo it doesnt turn on no ligth when its plug in to the charger im new at this so i rooted my evo and i was trying to flash the rom and thats when the tragedy happens first i did a back up then the system ask me to reboot so i did it and once start the reboot something went wrong that the screen went black and the next thing i did when i see the droid with the triangle was take the battery out put it back but now it doesnt do nothing
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions