[Q] About the internal storage and general Optimus behavior

MrDowntown12

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok so my older sister has this phone, I do not. I hava a htc hero and have been rooted and flashing for awhile so I'm pretty familiar with most stuff. She came to me with some questions that I cannot answer because I'm not familiar with the LG Optimus S. As of right now she is unrooted, so before I root it for her I want to give her some answers and make sure that rooting it will solve these problems rather than taking it in to the store first so I don't have to unroot.

1. How much internal memory does the phone have? and is there an apps2sd available for it?
She said that often she cannot download apps because there is not enough room (she thinks, they just don't download basically). She cannot download angry birds and other random apps because it gives her "unknown error reason 18" What does that mean? Some apps can be moved to sd card others cannot. Internal memory says there's about 60mb free? This is the main issue.

2. She said that she will get FC's on random apps when she's using them. (couldn't name the apps of course, go figure) but I assume this shouldn't be happening on a completely stock brand new phone.

I told her rooting and flashing a new rom would most likely fix problem number 2. My brother's hero had weird problems and when I flashed a custom rom they disappeared. I figured the same would apply here.

Problem number 1 though is where I need the most help. So I came here to you guys, the Optimus experts for some answers.

By the way, I'm an XDA guy, first time here at android central, so if this is in the wrong section or whatever, forgive me. Didn't mean to, just didn't see anywhere else to ask.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
About 160mb internal. Apps2sd via froyo.

I would have her back up everything then give it a wipe (seems to be my most popular solution lately). That may clear up a few issues.

If you have her goto settings, manage apps, click on an app and it will have the option to move to sd if it can. Also apps like apps2sd in the market make moving apps pretty easy

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
a stock phone will only have about 127mb free on boot if i recall. A rooted phone with thunderom or nrom will have 160mb on boot.

MrDowntown12

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Thanks for the replies guys. I was thinking a good wipe, wipe, wipe would fix it right up. I'll probably root it, install one of the roms and then show her how to move the apps to the sd with titanium backup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084