View Poll Results: Do you want CM6 for the LG Optimus S?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

186 96.88%
  • No

6 3.13%
02-16-2011 03:22 PM
101 123 ...
tools
    Is anyone else interested in a CM6 port to the Optmus S? If there is enough interest I will try it again (if I can find a guide somewhere).
    01-10-2011 11:24 AM
    Yep.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    01-10-2011 12:13 PM
    I've read rave reviews for CM6 - I'd give it a shot if it were released for the Opti.
    01-10-2011 12:48 PM
    Yes! I want the CM6 camera.
    01-10-2011 12:52 PM
    Ok, looks like I will be trying it. If anyone finds something for a guide online I'd appreciate it.
    01-10-2011 12:53 PM
    Have NO idea what that is, so untill then I would not be able to say yes or no.
    Perhaps link to the rom in question so people do not have to track it down.
    01-10-2011 01:17 PM
    01-10-2011 01:21 PM
    Looks cool, and I hear about tons of people running it...
    01-10-2011 01:41 PM
    yeah, i had it on my hero. just almost no information about porting it to a new device
    01-10-2011 01:42 PM
    Have you tried requesting it directly on cyanogenmod's
    or perhaps on xda. Sad enough it's been requested to add
    the Optimus s on the forums... but so far no go the only
    aparent reason the optimus one and some other optimus version
    have a forum is because of the amount of users for those devices
    or something like that but what do i know. I just hate the fact that
    im stuck with 160 megs tops for storage, and that suck balls
    01-10-2011 05:32 PM
    Have you tried requesting it directly on cyanogenmod's
    or perhaps on xda. Sad enough it's been requested to add
    the Optimus s on the forums... but so far no go the only
    aparent reason the optimus one and some other optimus version
    have a forum is because of the amount of users for those devices
    or something like that but what do i know. I just hate the fact that
    im stuck with 160 megs tops for storage, and that suck balls
    Yes, I've requested it on the CyanogenMod forums.
    01-10-2011 05:33 PM
    lol looks like 1 person has said no. i wonder why?

Howto: Build a Kernel Port - CyanogenMod Wiki - how to build a kernel. not for our device and looks kinda outdated but some info may be in there for you.

Unsupported Devices - CyanogenMod Wiki - list of unsupported devices that have a port. may be able to find something in there too. i see a port for an lg but not our device so i doubt that will help much there.

Building from source - CyanogenMod Wiki - there is a how to on building from source.

you've said you visited their forums. only other thing i can think of for help is their irc channel.

not sure if any of this will help but it's here for ya lol.

edit: Also might be worth contact these guys http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=878333 who look they are already working on a port for the opt one.
    01-10-2011 05:49 PM
    YES YES YES! ONLY THING I MISS ABOUT MY HERO IS CYANOGEN. I WILL BE HAPPY TO TEST ALPHA AND BETA PORTS OF IT FOR YOU. (I have no leet hacking skills or i'd help more). Anything I can do that's not code related I'd be happy to help. Just PM me
    01-10-2011 06:03 PM
    Ok, looks like I will be trying it. If anyone finds something for a guide online I'd appreciate it.
    Shouldn't you make clockwork not brick things first? :P
    01-10-2011 07:12 PM
    I have some experience in kernel modding, if it will help. I too want CyanogenMOD on our phone, and I was thinking to myself today while in school that if no one was going to compile CM/AOSP 2.3 for us, I was going to try it myself. I'll definitely help you out on this. I should be free this Thursday until Monday, so we could try then.

Send me a PM with your email address, AIM, or Gtalk and we can work something out.
    01-10-2011 08:55 PM
    I have some experience in kernel modding, if it will help. I too want CyanogenMOD on our phone, and I was thinking to myself today while in school that if no one was going to compile CM/AOSP 2.3 for us, I was going to try it myself. I'll definitely help you out on this. I should be free this Thursday until Monday, so we could try then.

Send me a PM with your email address, AIM, or Gtalk and we can work something out.
    I agree with the 2.3 CM I was able to mod the framework just like we could on the hero, lookin good
    01-10-2011 09:21 PM
    I would like to see someone port AOSP's rom over to our optimus s. That dudes roms were amazing on the Hero.
    01-11-2011 08:04 PM
    You realize AOSP means Android Open Source Project? Our stock ROM is as close to AOSP as you can get without having a Nexus One... :-)
    01-11-2011 09:29 PM
    Shouldn't you make clockwork not brick things first? :P
    Or I could ignore ClockworkMod

Sent
    01-12-2011 07:38 AM
    Ok, I'm currently compiling the ASOP ROM itself. Next will be to apply the Optimus S patches to see if I can get a running stock ROM. Last will be attempting to figure out CM.
    01-12-2011 07:52 AM
    You realize AOSP means Android Open Source Project? Our stock ROM is as close to AOSP as you can get without having a Nexus One... :-)

He knows, AOSP is also a dev on the HeroC forums at XDA. He makes some pretty good roms for the HeroC, a tad bit faster than Cyanogen, but a lot of that has to do with animations (uses stock animations, but sped up), so it appears to be faster than what it is Of course that is IMO only.

[ROM][GPL][STABLE] aospMod v0.9.9.2 | AOSP 2.2.1 (Froyo) [12/10/2010] - xda-developers
    01-12-2011 08:17 AM
    Ok, built an ASOP ROM overnight. Now I need to figure out how to patch that with the LG Sources and see if that works. After that will come the start of CM.
    01-12-2011 10:27 AM
    Ok, built an ASOP ROM overnight. Now I need to figure out how to patch that with the LG Sources and see if that works. After that will come the start of CM.
    Can you link me to where you got the LG patches? I'll take a look at those around Thursday night.
    01-12-2011 10:39 AM
    Can you link me to where you got the LG patches? I'll take a look at those around Thursday night.
    Open Source Main

Choose "Mobile Phones" then lgls670 for the model.
    01-12-2011 10:40 AM
    If CM becomes available for the Optimus S, I will IMMEDIATELY need a new pair of pants...Thank you.
    01-12-2011 11:35 AM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD