Angry bird ads

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I've tried everything I could think of to get rid of the ads in this game since they directly interfere with the actually gameplay.

Here is what I tried:

1. Adfree is what I tried first. Didn't do anything to stop the ads. Updating didn't help either.

2. Placing a host file in the system/etc folder that I got from xda using root explorer.

Neither of these have brought me any success. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Yes, my phone is rooted. It's running thunderom 1.5. This is the first rom I've ever downloaded that didn't come with a adblocker per-installed so I've never had to do this before.

ElTimablo

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Did you try rebooting your phone?
I know, I know, I'm being condescending, but I've forgotten to reboot after updating the adblock lists.

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Also with adfree try clearing you cache . It should work with phone rebooted but if it doesnt go into recovery with your phone and clear cache only...reboot....adfree update....rebot phone again this time not in recovery and then angry birds.
ADFREE works all the time for me when I do this. :)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Play the game for a little while the ads will go away or turn on airplane mode and you won't have to worry about ads at all. You won't get phone calls or text but you'll have ad free.lol

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
There is a widget that gives you fast access to disable data, if you want to do that. Disabling data will disable ads, but allow phone calls and txts to come in still. It's called data enabler.

I like this one because it doesn't require root, doesn't require rebooting, and has no lag between turning data on and off. All it really is is a shortcut to the data screen where you can disable data, and an indicator if it's enabled or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz