I attempted to root and flash RA via adb. I was able to root but when I attempted to flash the new recovery and reboot, the phone rebooted into Andriod system recovery with the following error:

Finding update package.....
    E:Can't find command file CACHE: recovery/command
    Installation aborted, no valid image in CACHE.

and I can't get past it, adb shell does not work anymore, though I can reach the sdcard. I downloaded the original rom and attempted to use KDZ to flash it but KDZ exited with a "file extraction" error.

Can anyone think of anything else I can do to recover this phone?

Thanks...
    01-20-2011 11:27 PM
    I attempted to root and flash RA via adb. I was able to root but when I attempted to flash the new recovery and reboot, the phone rebooted into Andriod system recovery with the following error:

Finding update package.....
    E:Can't find command file CACHE: recovery/command

and I can't get past it, adb shell does not work anymore, though I can reach the sdcard. I downloaded the original rom and attempted to use KDZ to flash it but KDZ exited with a "file extraction" error.

Can anyone think of anything else I can do to recover this phone?

Thanks...
    What happens when you try to go into recovery(power on+volume down+home?
    When you say can access sdcard how by taking it out or adb?
    01-20-2011 11:36 PM
    It goes into recovery (android system recovery not RA) but gives the error I listed above. I can access the sdcard by taking it out or by usb, I cannot access it using adb.

It happend after following section 3 of this post:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...s-edition.html

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img
    reboot recovery

I'm thinking it's running the install-recovery.sh but not finding the img to flash.
    01-20-2011 11:55 PM
    Nevermind, I was able to access adb again - thanks anyway!
    01-21-2011 12:20 AM
    Nevermind, I was able to access adb again - thanks anyway!
    Sweet holler if you need any more help.
    01-21-2011 12:31 AM
    I have this exact issue. What did you do once you got to adb?? I havent rooted the optimus yet. I just went into recovery to check it out. Once I selected reboot system now it took me to a screen with and exclimation point and an android character. I waited about 10 min and pulled the battery. Now ii only boots into recovery with E:Can't find command file CACHE: recovery/command
    HELP!
    04-03-2011 11:35 PM
    I had the same issue. I just did the factory reset and clear cache from the stock recovery and it booted back up, but from a fresh start.
    04-04-2011 12:13 PM
    I need some help i have the same issue and nothing works what should i do?
    07-18-2011 04:44 PM
    Hey Beezy what should I do I cant seem to figure this thing out it says i have no valid image in cache
    07-18-2011 05:37 PM
    My daughter's stock Opt S is doing this. In recovery mode it tells me that it can't find CACHE:recovery/command

Is there somewhere that I can download this file? And can I install it from her SD card?
    10-08-2011 09:02 PM
    I had the same issue. I just did the factory reset and clear cache from the stock recovery and it booted back up, but from a fresh start.
    How were you able to get a factory reset to work? My wife's phone has this issue - same <3e> Android system recovery screen with no valid image in cache. I can scroll up and down but am unable to select anything. It just goes back to the triangle of death with tha android character staring at me as if in disbelief!
    01-20-2012 10:59 AM
    did u use the menu button to accept your choice
    01-20-2012 03:29 PM
    having the same problem. was this every solved?
    any way to get the image it says that it is missing?
    09-22-2012 03:43 PM
    I have the same problem. I felt so upset. It turns out I am so stupid, that I keep push home button to confirm the action. It should be menu button! Just push menu button to get out of the recovery.
    squigglily likes this.
    01-05-2013 11:38 PM
    I have the same problem. I felt so upset. It turns out I am so stupid, that I keep push home button to confirm the action. It should be menu button! Just push menu button to get out of the recovery.
    Well, I feel pretty dumb now. I was using the home button too...
    06-08-2013 11:38 AM
    LOL me too! Thanks for the help!
    01-09-2014 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD