Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What is the mvpdm service?

What is mvpdm (com.hp.mvpdm) service used for? I searched the net but could not find much about it.

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farfromuman View Post
    What is mvpdm (com.hp.mvpdm) service used for? I searched the net but could not find much about it.

Thanks in advance.
    I think it has something to do with proxy settings, but not totally sure. I froze it in Titanium BackUp and havent seen any ill effects yet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I found what this process does, it is used for PRL and Profile updates. I did not check Firmware Update option but it might also do that. I keep it frozen when not in use so I have one less useless service running at all times.

Keeping it disabled might also stop any automatic OTA updates.

Default Dumb question...

How do you "freeze" apps?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jinx1142 View Post
    How do you "freeze" apps?
    I use Titanium Backup to do that, it prevents the process from running but it does not delete it. It issues a "pm disable com.hp.mvpdm" to freeze and later "pm enable com.hp.mvpdm" to defrost. You can also do this to any process through the terminal. You will need Root to be able to do it either way.
    Thanked by: