reboot and widgets disappear.

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem i think i have it fixed but i was wanting to get to the bottom of what did i do to cause this(cause i'm sure its self induced...)

I saw lego rom and decided to try it out. flashed it and has some un related boot looping issues got it running and decided to go back to thunderom mostly cause i wanted my set up back...recovered than decided to play with titanium back up.(i think this is were my problems started...) installed Ti and did a back up, then moved a bunch of stuff to the sd via Ti than had some weird issue with the market(unrelated i think) so i went back to my previous nandroid back up(before Ti) . booted had to set up a bunch of stuff again(restored thru Ti). then cleaned out some old nandroid backups in ES file explorer...just deleted them. booted into recovery and did a new back up(was gonna start fresh with Ti installed and do a nandroid from there). when i booted all my widgets were missing, i had to go into Ti and manually reinstall all the apps that owned the widgets...thougt it was a one time thing but it did it again today when tried to do another nandroid. I tried to restore a nandroid back up and got an error that told me to run "android moblie.sh restore" in adb...tried that and got a device not found error. rebooted the phone and was able to restore from before i tried lego rom.

I think than when i moved stuff to the sd card then recovered from a nandroid backup from before Ti's install i eff'd something up?... is that what i did, and what would be the way to un eff my self?

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
So..I rebooted again today and it still does it so I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing to have caused this. Any help would be appreciated

edit....the settigs for the app are the same its just every time i reboot i have too put all the widgets back on the home page.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Likely due to moving your apps to the SD card. The reason google gives developers the choice on if their app can be moved to the SD (not the user) is because the home screen paints prior to the SD card mounting after a reboot. So your screen is completely painted, and a widget needs to paint, but you've forced that widget to the SD card .... well .... i think you get it where I'm going.

Per the warning i gave IN THIS THREAD ....

Also you should never do this with an app that has a widget that you use. If it has a widget and you don't use it that's fine but active widgets will experience issues running off an SD card.

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I thought I had moved those apps back but I apparently did it after I backed up than restored...I'm dumb...

Thanks again

Scott_L#AC

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been searching to see if anyone else has Apps uninstall. I'm not talking Widgets, I'm talking the app itself is gone from the Apps menu. I have to go reinstall from Market or (my usual) pull it from my last Titanium Backup. The most recent abductions were Jorte, AppBrain, Angry Birds Holiday Ed, and Documents to Go Trial (my Full key remained in place).

I'm running TR 1.6.2 with no extra clocking changes.

junkshow

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been searching to see if anyone else has Apps uninstall. I'm not talking Widgets, I'm talking the app itself is gone from the Apps menu. I have to go reinstall from Market or (my usual) pull it from my last Titanium Backup. The most recent abductions were Jorte, AppBrain, Angry Birds Holiday Ed, and Documents to Go Trial (my Full key remained in place).

I'm running TR 1.6.2 with no extra clocking changes.

If the apps are on your SD card, and the SD card is unmounted from the phone (like when it is mounted on the computer), those apps will disappear from the apps drawer until the SD card gets remounted. I've had that throw me for a loop before, but never had apps just disappear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech