Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1044
Like Tree50Likes
  1. #26  
    debh945's Avatar

    Posts
    185 Posts
    ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zefie View Post
    Did you update to .1? That should be fixed. Mine restores but it seems to corrupt something because I have PowerManagement boot loop, which usually happens if SettingsProvider.apk is unsigned or corrupted. meh.

    Also any backups that were created in GNM's recovery are 100% working for restore, since thats whats saving my bum now. lol.
    Nope, I didn't realize there was an update. I'm still on v1.2518. I'll update to .1 and post results.
  2. #27  
    debh945's Avatar

    Posts
    185 Posts
    ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

    Default

    Holy crap was I confused! Zefie - in the new .1 recovery .rar you named the image recovery.img and not the name you refer to in the commands so I was getting: "error opening /sdcard/xionia_cwma_1258.1.img: No such file or directory"

    Tried flashing it twice and realized it's just recovery.img so once I made the change I successfully updated to .1

    I was then able to restore this morning's backup created with your original release. I don't know if that helps you or not.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    zefie's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debh945 View Post
    Holy crap was I confused! Zefie - in the new .1 recovery .rar you named the image recovery.img and not the name you refer to in the commands so I was getting: "error opening /sdcard/xionia_cwma_1258.1.img: No such file or directory"

    Tried flashing it twice and realized it's just recovery.img so once I made the change I successfully updated to .1

    I was then able to restore this morning's backup created with your original release. I don't know if that helps you or not.
    Yeah sorry I forgot to rename it. Alright, I just did so this should not be an issue for future downloads Sorry about that!

    I'm used to xz which renames the file if you rename the archive lol.

    Can you make a new nandroid backup right now, then reboot back into recovery (look under advanced menu), then wipe and restore (to the one you just created)?

    Let me know if the phone boots after restoring the new nandroid.
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Follow me on Twitter: @zefie
  4. #29  
    debh945's Avatar

    Posts
    185 Posts
    ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

    Default

    yep! Standby....
  5. #30  
    Bone_Enterprise's Avatar

    Posts
    101 Posts
    ROM
    Hyperdragon, ThundeROM

    Default

    So I am getting this far....

    # chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    # mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory

    What do I need to proceede?
    .:[ Official LegoROM Mirror ]:.
    .:[ Official ThundeROM Mirror ]:.
    "The Digital Generation Lives On"
    Thanked by:
    zefie 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    zefie's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bone_Enterprise View Post
    So I am getting this far....

    # chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    # mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory

    What do I need to proceede?
    Keep going, that error is good, it means you don't have the file that would try to delete the recovery.
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Follow me on Twitter: @zefie
    Thanked by:
  7. #32  
    Bone_Enterprise's Avatar

    Posts
    101 Posts
    ROM
    Hyperdragon, ThundeROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zefie View Post
    Keep going, that error is good, it means you don't have the file that would try to delete the recovery.
    Great, done and working.
    Might want to mention that in your command sequence that if it shows up to continue, as to me errors are bad, and I do not like to continue untill it does what it is supposed to do.

    Heh.

    *edit*
    One last question, what is this "apply sdcard:update.zip" under the main menu, and under "apply zip from sdcard" menus?
    Is that some generic message or?
    .:[ Official LegoROM Mirror ]:.
    .:[ Official ThundeROM Mirror ]:.
    "The Digital Generation Lives On"
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    zefie's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bone_Enterprise View Post
    Great, done and working.
    Might want to mention that in your command sequence that if it shows up to continue, as to me errors are bad, and I do not like to continue untill it does what it is supposed to do.

    Heh.
    Just added it, thanks again ^^
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Follow me on Twitter: @zefie
  9. #34  
    debh945's Avatar

    Posts
    185 Posts
    ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zefie View Post
    Can you make a new nandroid backup right now, then reboot back into recovery (look under advanced menu), then wipe and restore (to the one you just created)?

    Let me know if the phone boots after restoring the new nandroid.
    Made a brand new backup with .1 and rebooted to recovery. Wiped data/cache/dalvik and restored that backup successfully. Rebooted just fine for me!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    zefie's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debh945 View Post
    Made a brand new backup with .1 and rebooted to recovery. Wiped data/cache/dalvik and restored that backup successfully. Rebooted just fine for me!
    maybe it was my phone, its a brick now anyway. no new updates for a bit

    Bricked trying to implement/test/debug/learn about radio updates lol
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Follow me on Twitter: @zefie
  11. #36  
    scifan's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZVD/ICE CM9 Alpha

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scifan View Post
    So...

    I'm concerned... I've experienced a few instances where I can't seem to boot into recovery...

    (either via adb restart recovery, or by the "three finger salute" method...)

    I'm not sure what to think about it at this point... perhaps I have a key dying - phone's only about a month old at this point...

    disconcerning anyway...

    Edit: at one point, I'd wondered if I'd managed to corrupt my file system on the recovery partition... I've noticed that if it gets corrupted, fsck doesn't seem to do much for you, and only via scripts can you format your partitions...

    edit again: I've reverted to the first version again... which seems to work fine when doing an adb reboot (at least at this point)...
    I've managed to get my phone back to a state where I can consistently boot into recovery.... first step was to go back to the original cwm version, then flashed the other one (non cwm) and now I'm back in a functional state... (think I'm going to just breath a little before I think I've bricked my phone again...)
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  
    zefie's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

    Default

    v1.2518.3 released
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Follow me on Twitter: @zefie
  13. #38  
    devgru82's Avatar

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

    Default

    Will this recovery work on the V?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    zefie's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devgru82 View Post
    Will this recovery work on the V?
    I don't have a V to test so officially I'm going to say no, just in case.
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Follow me on Twitter: @zefie
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  
    zefie's Avatar

    Posts
    860 Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

    Default

    v1.2518.4 released
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Follow me on Twitter: @zefie
  16. #41  
    trekkie1701c's Avatar

    Posts
    275 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default

    Think I found a new recovery :P

    So far no problems :P
  17. #42  
    drewwalton19216801's Avatar

    Posts
    2,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trekkie1701c View Post
    Think I found a new recovery :P

    So far no problems :P
    My thoughts exactly
  18. #43  
    8616v's Avatar

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    ROM
    oICSv43 GLaDOS v2.6

    Default

    had a problem that was self induced. thought i had a brick for sure.
    while installing instead of extracting the .rar recovery file i just changed the extension to .img ...i know... as soon it rebooted i realized my idiocy.
    so after a couple hours of deciding to go to the spring store and seaching around i found some stuff...

    not sure what i did but...i got it to boot and i still have root....

    i was reading thru some stuff here and found a similar problem...
    tried an alternate method to boot into recovery
    volume_up + home + power and released and pressed volume_down when the lg splash went a way... nothing happened for a couple min but i could tell it was still powered on. removed the battery and cable and tried the same thing again...this time it went straight to the sprint splash after the lg splash and booted normally...

    i'm gonnafinish the recovery install properly and try and find an answer as to what i did...
  19. #44  
    8616v's Avatar

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    ROM
    oICSv43 GLaDOS v2.6

    Default

    re-accomplished all the steps in first post for installing the recovery and it works fine. ...yay.
  20. #45  

    Default Making recovery available for Optimus V?

    Just curious if that is in your plan.

    If not, I would love to pick up with your open source, and make the necessary tweaks (i.e., change back and menu keys; change stock kernel) to make your recovery work with my brand spanking new Optimus V (Virgin Mobile).

    Please let me know.
  21. #46  

    Default

    Going to give this a run when I get home from work tonight.
  22. #47  

    Default

    Just repeating someone's Q from the first page:

    What is the difference between this recovery and ThunderC recovery?

    Also, do I have to reinstall my NRom or this will still boot without a problem?
  23. #48  
    shortyjacobs's Avatar

    Posts
    446 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicksOptimus View Post
    Just repeating someone's Q from the first page:

    What is the difference between this recovery and ThunderC recovery?

    Also, do I have to reinstall my NRom or this will still boot without a problem?
    This one seems to have a bunch more options and more features, (like radio.img flashing protection and not bricking the phone if you use the LG/Sprint Factory Reset option).

    You won't have to reinstall anything after putting this recovery on.
    Thanked by:
  24. #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortyjacobs View Post
    This one seems to have a bunch more options and more features, (like radio.img flashing protection and not bricking the phone if you use the LG/Sprint Factory Reset option).

    You won't have to reinstall anything after putting this recovery on.
    Thanks. So I just download and extract the necessary files to the root of my SD and do everything from the Terminal Emulator on my phone and don't need my PC, right?

    EDIT: Got the new recovery working. Double thanks.
  25. #50  

    Default

    I'm getting the following error in ADB while trying to install this recovery:

    Error writing recovery: No space left on device

    It happens at # flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.4.img

    I tried to boot into recovery and I'm stuck at the LG splash. Going to battery pull and hopefully recover. If anyone else experienced this let me know. Device has plenty of available memory.

    **UPDATE Okay, so I was able to do a full reboot after a battery pull. Relaunched ADB shell and started again from scratch and it worked this time. Not sure what happened.
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions