Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Quote Originally Posted by jason0777 View Post
    when entering the second command "cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image" i get invalid length. Any ideas?
    According to the source code for "cat" that error is being spit out if there is any error reading the source file.

So basically you need to figure out why the source file can't be read properly.

You could also try putting flash_image in the same directory as adb.exe and doing (at the PC command prompt)

adb push flash_image /data/local/tmp/

Then you can substitute /data/local/tmp/flash_image in the instructions for /system/bin/flash_image

Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of to explain the error is if you have the sdcard corruption problem. You could try taking the sdcard out and running "chkdsk /f" on your PC.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
    caviiardreams likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xtacocorex View Post
    I also noticed that when going to wipe dalvik it came up with an error that a partition was missing /dev/block/mmcblk0p2. Does this have something to do with CyanogenMod or the /dalvik-cache to /cache mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXXimus View Post
    I just tried this out and got an error too but right under the error it said that the dalvik cache was cleared.
    I used Xionia to perform partition sd card (sd-ext set to 1024M, Swap to 256M). Format sdcard works fine, but I get the error message below when I try to format sd-ext:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    (No such file or directory)
    Error mounting /sd-ext/!
    Skipping format...
    Done.

Trying to mount produces this error message:

(File exists)
    Error mounting SDEXT:!
    Last edited by chiphead; 03-06-2011 at 04:40 PM.

ROM
    ThundeROM 1.8.2 Xionia 13

Has anyone knowingly used this custom recovery on a new phone with the new LCD hardware? I personally have tried ThundeRC and get a blank screen, so I was working up the courage to try another custom recovery this weekend.

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

can you flash nandroid backups that you made with thunderc recovery with this one?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #105  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by uberjam545 View Post
    can you flash nandroid backups that you made with thunderc recovery with this one?
    yes
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Follow me on Twitter: @zefie
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #106  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by chiphead View Post
    I used Xionia to perform partition sd card (sd-ext set to 1024M, Swap to 256M). Format sdcard works fine, but I get the error message below when I try to format sd-ext:

(No such file or directory)
    Error mounting /sd-ext/!
    Skipping format...
    Done.

Trying to mount produces this error message:

(File exists)
    Error mounting SDEXT:!
    I probably have to repack it with xionia kernel instead of stock
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Follow me on Twitter: @zefie

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

im having problems unzipping the file because its a .rar file got to a disc image but its just xionia_cwma_12518.4 no .img so should i just add .img to the end manually?

Please help me
    Last edited by uberjam545; 03-10-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: To sound more pitiful

ROM
    Stock

im having problems unzipping the file because its a .rar file got to a disc image but its just xionia_cwma_12518.4 no .img so should i just add .img to the end manually?

Please help me
    I just downloaded the file fresh and extracted it....there's definitely a .img. Are you on a windows computer that doesn't show file extensions?

In any case, check your PMs.

I had the palm pre and rooting/themes/roms was 10 times as easy so im kinda a nub on this phone..
    you said "To flash: via adb shell or terminal type this from root # shell"

what command am i typing first when i first open the command prompt before I start typing those adb commands?

ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Jorviper99 View Post
    I had the palm pre and rooting/themes/roms was 10 times as easy so im kinda a nub on this phone..
    you said "To flash: via adb shell or terminal type this from root # shell"

what command am i typing first when i first open the command prompt before I start typing those adb commands?
    CD to the directory where your adb is located (for me it is C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools) and type "adb shell" (no quotes) and hit return.

If you have root, you should have the # prompt.
    Thanked by:

Appreciated.

Still dont understand why im not getting permission. I know im rooted yet im still gettin $.

Still dont understand why im not getting permission. I know im rooted yet im still gettin $.
    If you've just opened up the adb shell, you'll have to type "su" without the quotes to get the "#" symbol if you're already rooted.
    Thanked by:

Same.. thing still. I used z4root to root after i went from VD back to v9
    Did you install superuser and then press allow (on the phone)?

**Nevermind**

This will NOT give you a black screen with the Optimus with new LCD.
    Last edited by deadset; 03-12-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.4.img
    error opening /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.4.img: No such file or directory

whats up with this?

whats up with this?
    Did you remember to copy the xionia image to your SD card first?

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by pcubed View Post
    Did you remember to copy the xionia image to your SD card first?
    yes i did unless I changed the name by accident at some point (i just copied and pasted it here and it is "xionia_cwma_12518.4.img")

whats up with this?
    The file is missing or not named properly. adb push it again or try to figure out what is going on. If latter, in adb shell, type:

cd /sdcard
    ls -l
    Post the output.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    The file is missing or not named properly. adb push it again or try to figure out what is going on.
    well for some reason every time i download it i notice theres no .rar. then when i unzip it i open the folder and inside is a disc image put theres no .img at the end even when someone pm'ed me a link for the .img file there still wasn't anything (both times its just xionia_cwma_12518.4) so i just renamed it and added it myself so im guessing that why it didn't work. (Im using Win rar on a windows 7 computer)

EDIT: after some more investigation i discovered that all my .zip files no longer have .zip at the end of them either when i know that they used to because i've flashed them on my phone before (i failed to mention that i just recently installed win rar because the xionia file was a .rar) so i think that win rar might be the problem but if it is then what do i use to extract things from .rar files?
    Last edited by uberjam545; 03-11-2011 at 05:10 PM.

well for some reason every time i download it i notice theres no .rar. then when i unzip it i open the folder and inside is a disc image put theres no .img at the end even when someone pm'ed me a link for the .img file there still wasn't anything (both times its just xionia_cwma_12518.4) so i just renamed it and added it myself so im guessing that why it didn't work. (Im using Win rar on a windows 7 computer)

EDIT: after some more investigation i discovered that all my .zip files no longer have .zip at the end of them either when i know that they used to because i've flashed them on my phone before (i failed to mention that i just recently installed win rar because the xionia file was a .rar) so i think that win rar might be the problem but if it is then what do i use to extract things from .rar files?
    Have you tried to copy the xionia image as is onto your SD card without manually renaming the file to include the .img extension?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by pcubed View Post
    Have you tried to copy the xionia image as is onto your SD card without manually renaming the file to include the .img extension?
    no lol guess ill try that next

ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

no lol guess ill try that next
    That should do it. Like I said yesterday, Windows may not show the img extension but it is still there. And it may not show your .zip extension but it is still a .zip even if the icon looks different because you changed the default unzip program to winrar.
    Last edited by debh945; 03-11-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

alright! i got it thx debh945 i must of missed when you said that yesterday
    Last edited by uberjam545; 03-11-2011 at 08:47 PM.

any way to make this into a zip that you coulld just apply while in the other recovery?
    Last edited by weenerdog3443; 03-11-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast