[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)

ToddShroats

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
How do I delete backups that are on my sd/card? I have three nand backups and they are taking up space on my sd/card, I dont see an option in the custom recovery mode. Can I just delete them using my astro file manager?

xtacocorex

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
zefie, I ran those commands again tonight with the theory that something is telling the phone to lock up at the lg logo by writing to those partitions. This data gets erased when the phone is able to be powered on.

This is the output of my wife's phone:
$ ./adb shell
~ # strings /dev/mtd/mtd7
recovery
--wipe_data
~ # strings /dev/mtd/mtd8
^[MBd\M
^[MBd\M
^[MO
^[MO
^[M8
^[M8
~ # flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8
Erasing 128 Kibyte @ 160000 -- 91 % complete.
~ # flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd7
Erasing 128 Kibyte @ 60000 -- 75 % complete.
~ # reboot

I grabbed the data from my phone after wiping both (my strings /dev/mtd/mtd8) was empty. After erasing, I ended up with a data there:
$ ./adb shell
~ # strings /dev/mtd/mtd7
recovery
--wipe_data
~ # strings /dev/mtd/mtd8
-aM[
-aM[
~ # flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd7
Erasing 128 Kibyte @ 60000 -- 75 % complete.
~ # flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8
Erasing 128 Kibyte @ 160000 -- 91 % complete.
~ # reboot

What's odd is that the phones will cycle power on/off (with waits in between) if it's hooked to external power.

When I get back into recovery, both phones will display the "recovery" and "--wipe_data" when I run the strings command on /dev/mtd/mtd7.

I may be grasping at straws since I'm still unfamiliar with how Android does what it does and it's been years since I tinkered with Linux.

I did have some success powering down with Quick Boot and powering back on right away. I've done that once, then tried with the power button and got it to boot right away again (a rare occurance for sure).

My last idea, which I'm hesitant on doing since I'd like to have root, is format system, cache, boot, and data, nandroid backup to my rooted V9 backup, flash V9 stock recovery, run the ##786# wipe, and then just run the OTA. I really don't want to have to re-play all those levels of Angry Birds since I won't be able to restore data from Titanium. :) I'm also unsure of that fixing the problem.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
run the ##786# wipe, and then just run the OTA. I really don't want to have to re-play all those levels of Angry Birds since I won't be able to restore data from Titanium. :) I'm also unsure of that fixing the problem.
Is there a reason you want to install the VC update from the OTA update.zip? Are you thinking that installing the VC update via LG Software Updater is the cause of your problem? I don't think that can be the cause by itself because many other people have installed VC via the LG Software Updater and they don't have this problem. If it is involved at all, there'd have to be some other factor.

If I've misread what you are trying to say, then if you install the VC update using the LG Software Updater (and had previously restored the V9 recovery image), you'll still be able to root, install Titanium, and restore what you had backed up in Titanium.

xtacocorex

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason you want to install the VC update from the OTA update.zip? Are you thinking that installing the VC update via LG Software Updater is the cause of your problem? I don't think that can be the cause by itself because many other people have installed VC via the LG Software Updater and they don't have this problem. If it is involved at all, there'd have to be some other factor.

If I've misread what you are trying to say, then if you install the VC update using the LG Software Updater (and had previously restored the V9 recovery image), you'll still be able to root, install Titanium, and restore what you had backed up in Titanium.
I know that if I have root, I can get Titanium. I was just side-tracking after getting some data for zefie. Mainly wanted to get his/others thoughts.

The annoying thing is, I've followed the unroot and return to stock thread to the 't', I updated with the LG Updater tool, and then followed the rooting procedure to a 't' on two phones and they both have the same power off/on issue. I know it's my fault for causing the issues, but I am getting the feeling that there are steps missing in the guides, the un-written rules that people who have been messing with android for years just forgot to put to paper. (Yeah i sidetracked a bit more, but I felt it important)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I know that if I have root, I can get Titanium. I was just side-tracking after getting some data for zefie.
That's cool. I only asked because you mentioned V9 then installing OTA (VC) and I wasn't sure why you'd want to install VC that way unless you suspected something was off with installing VC using the LG Software Updater.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I also noticed that when going to wipe dalvik it came up with an error that a partition was missing /dev/block/mmcblk0p2. Does this have something to do with CyanogenMod or the /dalvik-cache to /cache mod?

I'm also seeing this when I try to do a Dalvik cache wipe. Any ideas what's causing this, or is it entirely normal actually?

boytek

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Um i used droid explorer to flash recovery and selected your custom recovery and it asked if i wanted to reboot i did and selected reboot in to recovery works perfect even rebooted with no issues....

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
A little something about ##RTN# (##786#) on the LS670..

1) All it does is set lge boot flag (mtd8) to FACT_RESET_3 then reboots
2) Recovery picks up on this and wipes data and cache, no different than our custom recovery.
3) Somehow it will reboot into stock ROM but not CM7. Once it does boot into stock ROM it sets lge boot flag to FACT_RESET_6, which proceeds to wipe your provisioning data (thus you have to Hands-Free Activate or call to manually activate if it fails, like new out of box)

Only LG roms (like stock, nRom, ThundeROM, VCRom) can to a full LG factory reset. This is due to the LG ROM having the code required to send the OEM commands to the radio layer.

You can also use the "LG Style Factory Reset" option in my recovery, but again, ONLY WITH AN LG BASED ROM.

And thats how a Factory Reset works on here.

Alvis

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
so im having some issues with the command,
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

yes i do have su, yes i did it with the terminal emulator, yes im rooted fosho, yes i have the two files and extracted the flash_image to the root of the sd card

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have CWMA Recovery on my Optimus V and I'm trying to access it but I'm not sure if I can as the phone appears to be in some form of a bricked state. I went to do the factory reset in the recovery menu and I had it plugged in via USB too. When it did the factory reset I though it would just shut down after that so when I saw it booting back up I thought it was because I had the USB cable plugged in. I pulled it and then the battery to kill it as I didn't want to wait for it to boot up and then just shut it down to get to the CWMA recovery menu. Apparently, you shouldn't remove the battery until it boots up fully to the home screen after a reset. I thought it already did the reset process completely and would be good to go.

Now I can't reach the recovery menu. When it starts up it always says it's doing a reset and then proceeds to reboot at which point it goes through the Virgin Mobile animation and gets stuck on the Virgin Mobile logo that remains behind during the boot sequence. It never even gets so far as the shimmering "android".

Any idea on how I can get to the recovery menu? Holding down the key-combo to launch it turns the phone on and it says it's resetting. Then it just freezes up again. Any help would be appreciated!!! O:)

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have CWMA Recovery on my Optimus V and I'm trying to access it but I'm not sure if I can as the phone appears to be in some form of a bricked state. I went to do the factory reset in the recovery menu and I had it plugged in via USB too. When it did the factory reset I though it would just shut down after that so when I saw it booting back up I thought it was because I had the USB cable plugged in. I pulled it and then the battery to kill it as I didn't want to wait for it to boot up and then just shut it down to get to the CWMA recovery menu. Apparently, you shouldn't remove the battery until it boots up fully to the home screen after a reset. I thought it already did the reset process completely and would be good to go.

Now I can't reach the recovery menu. When it starts up it always says it's doing a reset and then proceeds to reboot at which point it goes through the Virgin Mobile animation and gets stuck on the Virgin Mobile logo that remains behind during the boot sequence. It never even gets so far as the shimmering "android".

Any idea on how I can get to the recovery menu? Holding down the key-combo to launch it turns the phone on and it says it's resetting. Then it just freezes up again. Any help would be appreciated!!! O:)

bad. CWMA comes with LG Sprint recovery to handle the factory reset, VM's might be different.

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Zefie, is there anyway to bypass the reset request that tries to go through and force my way into CWMA? If I can get there I can restore a nand backup of stock. The trouble is everytime I turn the phone on - even if using the recovery loader key sequence - it says it's resetting and freezes. :(

asianman89

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
When I try to download the recovery to my phone it says file not supported and wont dl

Edit. After some messing around I figured it out i had to use efile to extract it astro wouldn't extract .img from rar

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae