[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
well for some reason every time i download it i notice theres no .rar. then when i unzip it i open the folder and inside is a disc image put theres no .img at the end even when someone pm'ed me a link for the .img file there still wasn't anything (both times its just xionia_cwma_12518.4) so i just renamed it and added it myself so im guessing that why it didn't work. (Im using Win rar on a windows 7 computer)

EDIT: after some more investigation i discovered that all my .zip files no longer have .zip at the end of them either when i know that they used to because i've flashed them on my phone before (i failed to mention that i just recently installed win rar because the xionia file was a .rar) so i think that win rar might be the problem but if it is then what do i use to extract things from .rar files?

Have you tried to copy the xionia image as is onto your SD card without manually renaming the file to include the .img extension?

Reactions: uberjam545

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: after some more investigation i discovered that all my .zip files no longer have .zip at the end of them either when i know that they used to because i've flashed them on my phone before (i failed to mention that i just recently installed win rar because the xionia file was a .rar) so i think that win rar might be the problem but if it is then what do i use to extract things from .rar files?
There is a windows folder option to "Hide extensions for known file types"

I'm guessing when you installed WinRAR it configured some extensions as known file types.

I always turn this option off because it is too confusing. I don't know where they stuck the option in Win7. In XP it is in Control Panel->Folder Options->View

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
when i enter adb shell in my command prompt i get a $. is that ok?
Ok for what? It is ok in the sense that your adb shell is working. It is not ok for the purposes of using flash_image to write a custom recovery.

You need to be rooted to use flash_image.

Assuming you are, turn on your phone, make sure you aren't in the lock screen, type "su" in your adb shell, look for a prompt on your phone asking for root privileges. Accept that prompt to allow root privileges.

deadset

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone knowingly used this custom recovery on a new phone with the new LCD hardware? I personally have tried ThundeRC and get a blank screen, so I was working up the courage to try another custom recovery this weekend.

I just finished up with doing this. A family member received a new Optimus S this morning and it was with the new LCD. I followed the guide step-by-step, reverting to V9 and V9 stock recovery, then force flashing VC and blindly using V9 recovery. After rooting I flashed CWMA v1.2518.4 and it works just fine with the new LCD hardware and I then flashed ThundeROM V1.8 and everything seems to be working just fine.

Reactions: gub23 and sfhub

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
After rooting I flashed CWMA v1.2518.4 and it works just fine with the new LCD hardware and I then flashed ThundeROM V1.8 and everything seems to be working just fine.
That is great that you found CWMA v1.2518.4 works with the new LCD. I wasn't able to verify that due to not having the new LCD hardware.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
when i try adb shell its giving me a $ symbol is this normal??

It's one of the two "normal" symbols to get. However, you need to get a '#' in order to be rooted. With your phone screen on and unlocked, type "su" in the adb shell and hit enter and see if the '$' turns to a '#'. After you hit enter you may need to look at the phone screen to see if the superuser program is prompting you to allow access. If it does, press "allow" and then see if the '$' turns to '#'.

In general, after entering the adb shell, some folks who are rooted get '#' right away, while others need to take the extra step of typing "su" and hitting enter to switch the '$' to a '#'.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In general, after entering the adb shell, some folks who are rooted get '#' right away, while others need to take the extra step of typing "su" and hitting enter to switch the '$' to a '#'.
The custom recoveries usually are set up to have you at root '#' right away.

The stock recoveries and Android are set up to require "su" to transition to root.

ocellaris

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone tried the ##786# recovery running CWMA and Sprint VD (installed with LG tools)? I think my NVRAM is corrupt, I can't update the profile or PRL. Phone is not rooted or anything.

Last edited:

ocellaris

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean Sprint recovery running CWMA? You can't run both at the same time.

Well I meant "Has anyone with CWMA 1.2518.4 and stock VD firmware installed tried running the ##786# recovery?" I was typing in a hurry.

I updated my original post so it makes more sense. I am stuck with the [Client fails to authenticate DM Server(48). Please try again later.] errors when I try to update the PRL or Profile.

Also if I do this, do I need to call Sprint to get my MSL or can the phone hands free activate without calling Sprint?

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I only do ##786# resets with the stock recovery, but Zefie says CWMA will pass the reset commands it can't handle to LG to handle so it should work.

Hands free doesn't need MSL. ##786# reset needs the MSL.

However if you are running CWMA recovery, you should be able to do the same reset from within CWMA (no need for MSL). Again I haven't verified it is doing the exact same thing at all levels (Android/Linux/Radio) as ##786# but Zefie says he has verified so you can try it and see if it helps.

ocellaris

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I only do ##786# resets with the stock recovery, but Zefie says CWMA will pass the reset commands it can't handle to LG to handle so it should work.

However if you are running CWMA recovery, you should be able to do the same reset from within CWMA (no need for MSL). Again I haven't verified it is doing the exact same thing at all levels (Android/Linux/Radio) as ##786# but Zefie says he has verified so you can try it and see if it helps.

Did the reset from within CWMA. Phone is like new again and correctly pulls in PRL updates. Thanks.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

not all levels. it seems its all done in the framework, unprovisioning is done by ##rtm# before the reboot.

the option is being removed in .5, however intercepting will remain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez