[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6
- Xionia Kernel 013, which fixes any blank LCD issues
- Experimental (untested) support for AmonRA (drellisdee) nandroid restore of sd-ext
- Attempts to backport CWM 3.0 features
- Fixed known issue from previous version
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.5
- Xionia Kernel 009
- Should fix /sd-ext issues
- LG-Style Reset option removed, due to causing more trouble than its worth
- ext2/ext3/ext4 support thanks to Xionia Kernel
- No longer set to "PERFORMANCE" governor, so the phone no longer idles at 600mhz in recovery
- Known Issue:Occasionally, when rebooting after flashing a zip, an error about ignoring radio image may briefly appear. It seems harmless, so you can ignore it for now. Will look into this later.
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4
DO NOT USE LG-STYLE FACTORY RESET IF YOU ARE RUNNING CM7!
Feature will be removed in next version of Xionia CWMA.
- Added support for LGE special Factory Reset command. Invalidates this issue
- Execute standard data/cache wipe or full LG-Style Factory Reset (found under "advanced")
- "Fix Recovery Boot Loop" option now supports both bootloader and lge special parameters, ensuring you get out of that loop.
- Known Issue: If you enable USB Mass Storage, then disable it again, it does not re-enable until you reboot back into recovery. (workaround: unplug and replug device. windows is ejecting the device, so you need to reinsert it.)
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.3
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.2
- Added "Fix Recovery Loop" option under "Advanced", gets you out of an infinite recovery reboot loop.
- Fixed cosmetic issue where in certain cases, a radio update would still ask you to reboot to finish it. (doesn't really flash)
- Fixed version number.
- Reverted to stock kernel (+lzma) (why use a fancy overclock power kernel for recovery mode?)
- Addressed an issue with USB Mounting (may or may not fix issues some users are having)
- Removed alternate LG logo that briefly flashed during startup of recovery mode.
- Switched nandroid functions to external tools (no more fancy status, sorry) due to localized corruption issues.
- Fixed 'reboot returned' issue when trying to reboot out of recovery via adb shell reboot
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.1
- Radio Flashing Removed Will now ignore radio.img part of all updates, regardless of signature verification setting.
- Fixed bug where a nandroid backup would not restore completely if it did not have an .android_secure image.
- LGE Recovery binary now included for future usage...
- Bug: version reports as v1.2518.1
Xionia CWMA v1.2518
- Minor bug fix, could not select zip if it was the last item on the menu.
- Safety check - will not flash LG OTA zips and brick you (DO NOT DISABLE SIGNATURE VERIFICATION)
- Dual Nandroid Support (new /sdcard/clockwork/backup/ as well as old /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/)
- Use either menu or camera for select, we like both of you :)
- Powered by Xionia Kernel 007 (not overclocked)
- LZMA Compressed ramdisk to hold even more content
- Blue theme like GNM Recovery
- Ease of use of CWM, with power for the hardcore. Many useful CLI tools included.
How to Install:
Copy flash_image and xionia_cwma_12518.6.img to the root of your sdcard. RAR file is protected with recovery record in case of corrupt download. Please extract rar before attempting to flash.
To flash: via adb shell or terminal type this from root # shell
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
# reboot recovery
If you receive this error:
failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory
Then ignore it and keep going, it means the file is already backed up or deleted, and your recovery will not be erased by LG.
Key combo to boot custom recovery from powered off is Volume Down + Home + Power and release keys at LG splash.
Recovery Key mapping:
Up: Volume Up
Down: Volume Down
Select: Menu or Camera
CyanogenMod for Clockwork Recovery
Amon_RA for the signature verifier since I could not get Cyanogen's to work
Drellisdee for the original custom recovery that got us all started, and for the flashing instructions i swiped >.>