[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6
  • Xionia Kernel 013, which fixes any blank LCD issues
  • Experimental (untested) support for AmonRA (drellisdee) nandroid restore of sd-ext
  • Attempts to backport CWM 3.0 features
  • Fixed known issue from previous version

Xionia CWMA v1.2518.5
  • Xionia Kernel 009
  • Should fix /sd-ext issues
  • LG-Style Reset option removed, due to causing more trouble than its worth
  • ext2/ext3/ext4 support thanks to Xionia Kernel
  • No longer set to "PERFORMANCE" governor, so the phone no longer idles at 600mhz in recovery
  • Known Issue:Occasionally, when rebooting after flashing a zip, an error about ignoring radio image may briefly appear. It seems harmless, so you can ignore it for now. Will look into this later.

Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4

DO NOT USE LG-STYLE FACTORY RESET IF YOU ARE RUNNING CM7!
Feature will be removed in next version of Xionia CWMA.

• Added support for LGE special Factory Reset command. Invalidates this issue
  • Execute standard data/cache wipe or full LG-Style Factory Reset (found under "advanced")
  • "Fix Recovery Boot Loop" option now supports both bootloader and lge special parameters, ensuring you get out of that loop.
  • Known Issue: If you enable USB Mass Storage, then disable it again, it does not re-enable until you reboot back into recovery. (workaround: unplug and replug device. windows is ejecting the device, so you need to reinsert it.)
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.3
  • Added "Fix Recovery Loop" option under "Advanced", gets you out of an infinite recovery reboot loop.
  • Fixed cosmetic issue where in certain cases, a radio update would still ask you to reboot to finish it. (doesn't really flash)
  • Fixed version number.
  • Reverted to stock kernel (+lzma) (why use a fancy overclock power kernel for recovery mode?)
  • Addressed an issue with USB Mounting (may or may not fix issues some users are having)
  • Removed alternate LG logo that briefly flashed during startup of recovery mode.
  • Switched nandroid functions to external tools (no more fancy status, sorry) due to localized corruption issues.
  • Fixed 'reboot returned' issue when trying to reboot out of recovery via adb shell reboot
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.2
  • Radio Flashing Removed Will now ignore radio.img part of all updates, regardless of signature verification setting.
  • Fixed bug where a nandroid backup would not restore completely if it did not have an .android_secure image.
  • LGE Recovery binary now included for future usage...
  • Bug: version reports as v1.2518.1
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.1
  • Minor bug fix, could not select zip if it was the last item on the menu.
Xionia CWMA v1.2518
  • Safety check - will not flash LG OTA zips and brick you (DO NOT DISABLE SIGNATURE VERIFICATION)
  • Dual Nandroid Support (new /sdcard/clockwork/backup/ as well as old /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/)
  • Use either menu or camera for select, we like both of you :)
  • Powered by Xionia Kernel 007 (not overclocked)
  • LZMA Compressed ramdisk to hold even more content
  • Blue theme like GNM Recovery
  • Ease of use of CWM, with power for the hardcore. Many useful CLI tools included.
xionia_recovery.png
xionia_recovery_dual_nandroid.png
xionia_recovery_dual_nandroid_2.png

How to Install:
Copy flash_image and xionia_cwma_12518.6.img to the root of your sdcard. RAR file is protected with recovery record in case of corrupt download. Please extract rar before attempting to flash.
To flash: via adb shell or terminal type this from root # shell

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
# reboot recovery

Note:
If you receive this error:
failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory
Then ignore it and keep going, it means the file is already backed up or deleted, and your recovery will not be erased by LG.

Key combo to boot custom recovery from powered off is Volume Down + Home + Power and release keys at LG splash.

Recovery Key mapping:
Up: Volume Up
Down: Volume Down
Select: Menu or Camera
Back: Back

Archive
http://files.persona.cc/zefie/files/cell/LGLS670/roms/custom/archive/Xionia/recovery/

Source Code
https://github.com/zefie/xionia_cwma_recovery

Special Thanks:
CyanogenMod for Clockwork Recovery
Amon_RA for the signature verifier since I could not get Cyanogen's to work
Drellisdee for the original custom recovery that got us all started, and for the flashing instructions i swiped >.>

Last edited:

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to this! I'm currently using CWM and have always wanted the menu option for selection!

Thank You!

This will take a while for me to release. I'm not going to haphazardly release a recovery kernel, its not something that can be fixed easily like a ROM. So I am going to test and test and test before I churn out anything I want people to be flashing onto their phones.

Reactions: troublez1984

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
nice zefie!

are you working with smccloud on this?

the txt from the older screenshot wont be in the recovery. its easier to just reject it than to single it out.

and no I'm not working with smccloud I pulled froyo CM repo and some of mit9's code for the thunderg.

New screenshot should be up. Already tested wipes, flashing, all passed.

Have to test nandroid and my new hybrid nandroid feature. Since clockword goes into /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ and GNM goes into /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/ there is a conflict, but I intend to support both paths.

(restore from old, save and restore from new)

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Released! I have tested this very throughly and have forced it to format all partitions to verify they are correctly defined. I didn't brick, so I am confident you won't. But as always please be careful.

Reactions: junkshow

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
Downloading now! Stupid question: the .img file is a .rar - do I need to extract it first and place the .img on my sd card or the whole .rar folder?

Thanks!!

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Flashed... although zefie can you tell me what do all of those Yes and Nos mean? I am confused...
For example, if I went to update from zip, I am getting something like:
- No
- No
- No
- No
- No
- No
- No
- Yes - Install /sdcard/update
- No
- No
- No

A manual would be helpful here... haha :D

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Flashed... although zefie can you tell me what do all of those Yes and Nos mean? I am confused...
For example, if I went to update from zip, I am getting something like:
- No
- No
- No
- No
- No
- No
- No
- Yes - Install /sdcard/update
- No
- No
- No

A manual would be helpful here... haha :D

Basically, if you don't scroll down to Yes, your answer will default to NO for the install...

(this is how Clockwork worked on my Hero also...)

I actually like this better to ensure you really DO want to flash whatever file your using...

I think I'll switch over to this in a day or two... (wait for the dust to settle...)

Manuals? Where we come from there aren't any manual's... ;)

Does this work with EXT file systems on the SD card?

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Basically, if you don't scroll down to Yes, your answer will default to NO for the install...

(this is how Clockwork worked on my Hero also...)

I actually like this better to ensure you really DO want to flash whatever file your using...

I think I'll switch over to this in a day or two... (wait for the dust to settle...)

Manuals? Where we come from there aren't any manual's... ;)

Does this work with EXT file systems on the SD card?

Haven't tested but there is no reason it shouldn't.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
What happens if you try to use flash_image to flash radio? :D

You can't radio is a mysterious beast. it is explained in the src but makes no sense to me.

Appearently it gets flashed to /cache (?) then a special flag is set then when you reboot the bootloader takes it from /cache and flashes it. or bricks you. or maybe its flashing the wrong partition lol

junkshow

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
In both 1.12518 and 1.2518.1, mounting USBMS works, but when you select "unmount" it hangs, requiring a battery pull. Otherwise, it is a nice recovery, thanks!

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
TO EVERYONE DON'T TRY FLASHING A RADIO,IF THIS IS JUST LIKE SMCCLOUD'S RECOVERY IT WILL FLASH BUT IT WON'T APPLY THE RADIO,IF IT'S SET UP LIKE THE AMON RECOVERY THEN YES YOU WILL BRICK.

so thats how i was able to flash the vc update without bricking originally. i was using smcclouds cwm recovery and was kinda wondering why i didn't brick after the fact lol.

but i'm 99% sure it flashed the radio as i had the handsfree activation issue after going back to my nandroid which was v9, and had that until i went to v8-v9 and it flashed the v9 radio.

i'm still confused on what i did to not brick the first time i flashed lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith