Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 42 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Default [Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)

Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6
    • Xionia Kernel 013, which fixes any blank LCD issues
    • Experimental (untested) support for AmonRA (drellisdee) nandroid restore of sd-ext
    • Attempts to backport CWM 3.0 features
    • Fixed known issue from previous version

Xionia CWMA v1.2518.5
    • Xionia Kernel 009
    • Should fix /sd-ext issues
    • LG-Style Reset option removed, due to causing more trouble than its worth
    • ext2/ext3/ext4 support thanks to Xionia Kernel
    • No longer set to "PERFORMANCE" governor, so the phone no longer idles at 600mhz in recovery
    • Known Issue:Occasionally, when rebooting after flashing a zip, an error about ignoring radio image may briefly appear. It seems harmless, so you can ignore it for now. Will look into this later.

Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4

DO NOT USE LG-STYLE FACTORY RESET IF YOU ARE RUNNING CM7!
    Feature will be removed in next version of Xionia CWMA.

• Added support for LGE special Factory Reset command. Invalidates this issue
    • Execute standard data/cache wipe or full LG-Style Factory Reset (found under "advanced")
    • "Fix Recovery Boot Loop" option now supports both bootloader and lge special parameters, ensuring you get out of that loop.
    • Known Issue: If you enable USB Mass Storage, then disable it again, it does not re-enable until you reboot back into recovery. (workaround: unplug and replug device. windows is ejecting the device, so you need to reinsert it.)

Xionia CWMA v1.2518.3
    • Added "Fix Recovery Loop" option under "Advanced", gets you out of an infinite recovery reboot loop.
    • Fixed cosmetic issue where in certain cases, a radio update would still ask you to reboot to finish it. (doesn't really flash)
    • Fixed version number.
    • Reverted to stock kernel (+lzma) (why use a fancy overclock power kernel for recovery mode?)
    • Addressed an issue with USB Mounting (may or may not fix issues some users are having)
    • Removed alternate LG logo that briefly flashed during startup of recovery mode.
    • Switched nandroid functions to external tools (no more fancy status, sorry) due to localized corruption issues.
    • Fixed 'reboot returned' issue when trying to reboot out of recovery via adb shell reboot
    Xionia CWMA v1.2518.2
    • Radio Flashing Removed Will now ignore radio.img part of all updates, regardless of signature verification setting.
    • Fixed bug where a nandroid backup would not restore completely if it did not have an .android_secure image.
    • LGE Recovery binary now included for future usage...
    • Bug: version reports as v1.2518.1
    Xionia CWMA v1.2518.1
    • Minor bug fix, could not select zip if it was the last item on the menu.
    Xionia CWMA v1.2518
    • Safety check - will not flash LG OTA zips and brick you (DO NOT DISABLE SIGNATURE VERIFICATION)
    • Dual Nandroid Support (new /sdcard/clockwork/backup/ as well as old /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/)
    • Use either menu or camera for select, we like both of you
    • Powered by Xionia Kernel 007 (not overclocked)
    • LZMA Compressed ramdisk to hold even more content
    • Blue theme like GNM Recovery
    • Ease of use of CWM, with power for the hardcore. Many useful CLI tools included.

How to Install:
    Copy flash_image and xionia_cwma_12518.6.img to the root of your sdcard. RAR file is protected with recovery record in case of corrupt download. Please extract rar before attempting to flash.
    To flash: via adb shell or terminal type this from root # shell

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    # cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    # chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    # mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    # mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    # flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
    # reboot recovery
    Note:
    If you receive this error:
    failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory
    Then ignore it and keep going, it means the file is already backed up or deleted, and your recovery will not be erased by LG.

Key combo to boot custom recovery from powered off is Volume Down + Home + Power and release keys at LG splash.

Recovery Key mapping:
    Up: Volume Up
    Down: Volume Down
    Select: Menu or Camera
    Back: Back

Archive
    http://files.persona.cc/zefie/files/...onia/recovery/

Source Code
    https://github.com/zefie/xionia_cwma_recovery

Special Thanks:
    CyanogenMod for Clockwork Recovery
    Amon_RA for the signature verifier since I could not get Cyanogen's to work
    Drellisdee for the original custom recovery that got us all started, and for the flashing instructions i swiped >.>
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Follow me on Twitter: @zefie
    Thanked by 130:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    00_wrath_008616v8vdude8A-android-BAncientGeekAnonamooseantidisbasketthisbblazebeezybencollinzbigeaterbigguy12321blackZbleglerBone_Enterprisebuckeye_jeffCardcaptorRLH85ccrs8celestelugo0celicarunnerChristopher HigueracordellcsmasnCubanoRafterdairypunkdajhorndarktoydavidhibbertdcannolidebh945denoenkdigitallovedisenoughdjsanchez5doct0r.exedonnasessDorion-Greydrewwalton19216801dwappoeknight22ens04epidenimuserestEz Duzitfarfromumanfatal99fourgateftwFreddyFredFredglenesisgnategollum18Grungivitusgvnot10hlxanthusInfernalRyanIvy547jakarrer1jmb1317jmzscttjoe zackjohnthehillbillyjonny5449junkshowjustlovejoykacey#ACKalumskcericakclskpfeifferlarryp588LeslieAnnLumifymac20133mallymalMaXXimusmcasasMelinda724memsmanmerroottMickluvin22mk3mobius1484moburnemoda.rootOmegapsyomfgitsjthreeOptimusNateosinameparinPatrickAkridgepete84PhantomSpartanpopper668princeandroidpringle#ACRavenSEALravioliraynier_93reltmritzcraxrjcottonRufus T Fireflyryan48073RyanJKremerscifanSeahawks4Life86Shadowcallzsharkynolikeskinny_peteSynthetic HumansyntheticMantisTannustbaberTechFanTem SolintheBIGthekraventhmpertimongarretsontwiggetwtippetstxloosecannonWaiting4MyAndroidwanabeewharmechtwingzero186xcpefrmrealityxxGBlackxzman0417 

ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

I'm looking forward to this! I'm currently using CWM and have always wanted the menu option for selection!

Thank You!
    bejinred likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by debh945 View Post
    I'm looking forward to this! I'm currently using CWM and have always wanted the menu option for selection!

Thank You!
    This will take a while for me to release. I'm not going to haphazardly release a recovery kernel, its not something that can be fixed easily like a ROM. So I am going to test and test and test before I churn out anything I want people to be flashing onto their phones.
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Thanked by:
    troublez1984 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

screenshot teaser.
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts
    ROM

What's the difference between this and ThunderC recovery?

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Maybe OC Kernel

nice zefie!

are you working with smccloud on this?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
    nice zefie!

are you working with smccloud on this?
    the txt from the older screenshot wont be in the recovery. its easier to just reject it than to single it out.

and no I'm not working with smccloud I pulled froyo CM repo and some of mit9's code for the thunderg.

New screenshot should be up. Already tested wipes, flashing, all passed.

Have to test nandroid and my new hybrid nandroid feature. Since clockword goes into /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ and GNM goes into /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/ there is a conflict, but I intend to support both paths.

(restore from old, save and restore from new)
    My GitHub (Source Code)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Released! I have tested this very throughly and have forced it to format all partitions to verify they are correctly defined. I didn't brick, so I am confident you won't. But as always please be careful.
    My GitHub (Source Code)
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

Downloading now! Stupid question: the .img file is a .rar - do I need to extract it first and place the .img on my sd card or the whole .rar folder?

Thanks!!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Downloading now! Stupid question: the .img file is a .rar - do I need to extract it first and place the .img on my sd card or the whole .rar folder?

Thanks!!
    extract
    My GitHub (Source Code)

ROM
    gROM 2.2 modded

Flashed... although zefie can you tell me what do all of those Yes and Nos mean? I am confused...
    For example, if I went to update from zip, I am getting something like:
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - Yes - Install /sdcard/update
    - No
    - No
    - No

A manual would be helpful here... haha

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZVD/ICE CM9 Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by swg0101 View Post
    Flashed... although zefie can you tell me what do all of those Yes and Nos mean? I am confused...
    For example, if I went to update from zip, I am getting something like:
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - Yes - Install /sdcard/update
    - No
    - No
    - No

A manual would be helpful here... haha
    Basically, if you don't scroll down to Yes, your answer will default to NO for the install...

(this is how Clockwork worked on my Hero also...)

I actually like this better to ensure you really DO want to flash whatever file your using...

I think I'll switch over to this in a day or two... (wait for the dust to settle...)

Manuals? Where we come from there aren't any manual's...

Does this work with EXT file systems on the SD card?

ROM
    gROM 2.2 modded

lol... thanks I thought I was going nuts
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by scifan View Post
    Basically, if you don't scroll down to Yes, your answer will default to NO for the install...

(this is how Clockwork worked on my Hero also...)

I actually like this better to ensure you really DO want to flash whatever file your using...

I think I'll switch over to this in a day or two... (wait for the dust to settle...)

Manuals? Where we come from there aren't any manual's...

Does this work with EXT file systems on the SD card?
    Haven't tested but there is no reason it shouldn't.
    My GitHub (Source Code)

ROM
    gROM 2.2 modded

What happens if you try to use flash_image to flash radio?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by swg0101 View Post
    What happens if you try to use flash_image to flash radio?
    You can't radio is a mysterious beast. it is explained in the src but makes no sense to me.

Appearently it gets flashed to /cache (?) then a special flag is set then when you reboot the bootloader takes it from /cache and flashes it. or bricks you. or maybe its flashing the wrong partition lol
    My GitHub (Source Code)

ROM
    CM9

In both 1.12518 and 1.2518.1, mounting USBMS works, but when you select "unmount" it hangs, requiring a battery pull. Otherwise, it is a nice recovery, thanks!

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Ill have to test this out later great work.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Maybe OC Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by beezy View Post
    TO EVERYONE DON'T TRY FLASHING A RADIO,IF THIS IS JUST LIKE SMCCLOUD'S RECOVERY IT WILL FLASH BUT IT WON'T APPLY THE RADIO,IF IT'S SET UP LIKE THE AMON RECOVERY THEN YES YOU WILL BRICK.
    so thats how i was able to flash the vc update without bricking originally. i was using smcclouds cwm recovery and was kinda wondering why i didn't brick after the fact lol.

but i'm 99% sure it flashed the radio as i had the handsfree activation issue after going back to my nandroid which was v9, and had that until i went to v8-v9 and it flashed the v9 radio.

i'm still confused on what i did to not brick the first time i flashed lol.

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZVD/ICE CM9 Alpha

Decided to try this, and it works well...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Jordonbetts likes this.

ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by scifan View Post
    Decided to try this, and it works well...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    +1 No issues, and the ability to restore the two different nands is very cool!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

+1 No issues, and the ability to restore the two different nands is very cool!
    I'm having trouble restoring new ones. For example if I restore from /sdcard/nandroid it works. But if i make a new one and restore it, all my signatures are screwed up.

My theory is that the new nandroid md5sum after its dumped but doesn't appear to verify the contents as they are dumped.

My point is, have any of you had an issue restoring from a NEW nandroid dump CREATED WITH CWMA? If not, maybe it is just my SDCard giving out lol

Edit: Maybe this is a common bug in ClockworkMod? I remember some of you having PowerManager issues in VCRom.. were you using smccloud's recovery? The problem must be in nandroid CREATION because it can restore my Amon-style backup fine

But if I make a new one then restore it, **** is broken.
    My GitHub (Source Code)

ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by zefie View Post
    I'm having trouble restoring new ones. For example if I restore from /sdcard/nandroid it works. But if i make a new one and restore it, all my signatures are screwed up.

My theory is that the new nandroid md5sum after its dumped but doesn't appear to verify the contents as they are dumped.

My point is, have any of you had an issue restoring from a NEW nandroid dump CREATED WITH CWMA? If not, maybe it is just my SDCard giving out lol
    Ahh, yeah you are right. I was able to create a backup this morning using your recovery but when I try to restore it just takes me back to the main recovery screen. If I try to restore a backup from last week, it looks like I can do it (takes me to the no no no no no yes screen, etc).
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Ahh, yeah you are right. I was able to create a backup this morning using your recovery but when I try to restore it just takes me back to the main recovery screen. If I try to restore a backup from last week, it looks like I can do it (takes me to the no no no no no yes screen, etc).
    Did you update to .1? That should be fixed. Mine restores but it seems to corrupt something because I have PowerManagement boot loop, which usually happens if SettingsProvider.apk is unsigned or corrupted. meh.

Also any backups that were created in GNM's recovery are 100% working for restore, since thats whats saving my bum now. lol.
    My GitHub (Source Code)

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZVD/ICE CM9 Alpha

So...

I'm concerned... I've experienced a few instances where I can't seem to boot into recovery...

(either via adb restart recovery, or by the "three finger salute" method...)

I'm not sure what to think about it at this point... perhaps I have a key dying - phone's only about a month old at this point...

disconcerning anyway...

Edit: at one point, I'd wondered if I'd managed to corrupt my file system on the recovery partition... I've noticed that if it gets corrupted, fsck doesn't seem to do much for you, and only via scripts can you format your partitions...

edit again: I've reverted to the first version again... which seems to work fine when doing an adb reboot (at least at this point)...
Page 1 of 42 1234 ... LastLast