[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6)
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6
- Xionia Kernel 013, which fixes any blank LCD issues
- Experimental (untested) support for AmonRA (drellisdee) nandroid restore of sd-ext
- Attempts to backport CWM 3.0 features
- Fixed known issue from previous version
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.5
- Xionia Kernel 009
- Should fix /sd-ext issues
- LG-Style Reset option removed, due to causing more trouble than its worth
- ext2/ext3/ext4 support thanks to Xionia Kernel
- No longer set to "PERFORMANCE" governor, so the phone no longer idles at 600mhz in recovery
- Known Issue:Occasionally, when rebooting after flashing a zip, an error about ignoring radio image may briefly appear. It seems harmless, so you can ignore it for now. Will look into this later.
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4
DO NOT USE LG-STYLE FACTORY RESET IF YOU ARE RUNNING CM7!
Feature will be removed in next version of Xionia CWMA.
- Added support for LGE special Factory Reset command. Invalidates this issue
- Execute standard data/cache wipe or full LG-Style Factory Reset (found under "advanced")
- "Fix Recovery Boot Loop" option now supports both bootloader and lge special parameters, ensuring you get out of that loop.
- Known Issue: If you enable USB Mass Storage, then disable it again, it does not re-enable until you reboot back into recovery. (workaround: unplug and replug device. windows is ejecting the device, so you need to reinsert it.)
Xionia CWMA v1.2518.3
- Added "Fix Recovery Loop" option under "Advanced", gets you out of an infinite recovery reboot loop.
- Fixed cosmetic issue where in certain cases, a radio update would still ask you to reboot to finish it. (doesn't really flash)
- Fixed version number.
- Reverted to stock kernel (+lzma) (why use a fancy overclock power kernel for recovery mode?)
- Addressed an issue with USB Mounting (may or may not fix issues some users are having)
- Removed alternate LG logo that briefly flashed during startup of recovery mode.
- Switched nandroid functions to external tools (no more fancy status, sorry) due to localized corruption issues.
- Fixed 'reboot returned' issue when trying to reboot out of recovery via adb shell reboot
- Radio Flashing Removed Will now ignore radio.img part of all updates, regardless of signature verification setting.
- Fixed bug where a nandroid backup would not restore completely if it did not have an .android_secure image.
- LGE Recovery binary now included for future usage...
- Bug: version reports as v1.2518.1
- Minor bug fix, could not select zip if it was the last item on the menu.
- Safety check - will not flash LG OTA zips and brick you (DO NOT DISABLE SIGNATURE VERIFICATION)
- Dual Nandroid Support (new /sdcard/clockwork/backup/ as well as old /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/)
- Use either menu or camera for select, we like both of you
- Powered by Xionia Kernel 007 (not overclocked)
- LZMA Compressed ramdisk to hold even more content
- Blue theme like GNM Recovery
- Ease of use of CWM, with power for the hardcore. Many useful CLI tools included.
How to Install:
Copy and to the root of your sdcard. RAR file is protected with recovery record in case of corrupt download. Please extract rar before attempting to flash.
To flash: via adb shell or terminal type this from root # shell
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
# reboot recovery
If you receive this error:
failed on '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh' - No such file or directory
Then ignore it and keep going, it means the file is already backed up or deleted, and your recovery will not be erased by LG.
Key combo to boot custom recovery from powered off is Volume Down + Home + Power and release keys at LG splash.
Recovery Key mapping:
Up: Volume Up
Down: Volume Down
Select: Menu or Camera
CyanogenMod for Clockwork Recovery
Amon_RA for the signature verifier since I could not get Cyanogen's to work
Drellisdee for the original custom recovery that got us all started, and for the flashing instructions i swiped >.>
Last edited by zefie; 05-26-2012 at 04:13 AM. Reason: url updateThanked by 129:
+ Show/Hide list of the thanked
00_wrath_00, 8616v, 8vdude8, A-android-B, AncientGeek, Anonamoose, antidis, basketthis, bblaze, beezy, bencollinz, bigeater, bigguy12321, blackZ, blegler, Bone_Enterprise, buckeye_jeff, CardcaptorRLH85, ccrs8, celestelugo0, celicarunner, Christopher Higuera, cordell, csmasn, CubanoRafter, dairypunk, dajhorn, darktoy, davidhibbert, dcannoli, debh945, denoenk, digitallove, disenough, djsanchez5, doct0r.exe, donnasess, Dorion-Grey, drewwalton19216801, dwappo, eknight22, ens04, epidenimus, erest, Ez Duzit, farfromuman, fatal99, fourgateftw, FreddyFredFred, glenesis, gnate, gollum18, Grungivitus, gvnot10, hlxanthus, InfernalRyan, Ivy547, jakarrer1, jmb1317, jmzsctt, joe zack, johnthehillbilly, jonny5449, junkshow, justlovejoy, kacey#ac, Kalums, kcerica, kcls, kpfeiffer, larryp588, LeslieAnn, Lumify, mac20133, mallymal, MaXXimus, mcasas, Melinda724, memsman, merroott, Mickluvin22, mk3, mobius1484, moburne, moda.root, Omegapsy, omfgitsjthree, OptimusNate, osiname, parin, PatrickAkridge, pete84, PhantomSpartan, popper668, princeandroid, pringle#AC, RavenSEAL, ravioli, raynier_93, reltm, ritzcrax, rjcotton, Rufus T Firefly, ryan48073, RyanJKremer, scifan, Seahawks4Life86, Shadowcallz, sharkynolike, skinny_pete, Synthetic Human, syntheticMantis, Tannus, tbaber, TechFan, theBIG, thekraven, thmper, timongarretson, twigge, twtippets, txloosecannon, Waiting4MyAndroid, wanabee, wharmecht, wingzero186, xcpefrmreality, xxGBlackx, zman0417
- 02-10-2011, 08:31 AM #2
- 02-10-2011, 06:13 PM #5
- 02-10-2011, 06:15 PM #6
and no I'm not working with smccloud I pulled froyo CM repo and some of mit9's code for the thunderg.
New screenshot should be up. Already tested wipes, flashing, all passed.
Have to test nandroid and my new hybrid nandroid feature. Since clockword goes into /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ and GNM goes into /sdcard/nandroid/mem=477M/ there is a conflict, but I intend to support both paths.
(restore from old, save and restore from new)
Released! I have tested this very throughly and have forced it to format all partitions to verify they are correctly defined. I didn't brick, so I am confident you won't. But as always please be careful.
- 02-10-2011, 10:50 PM #9
- 02-11-2011, 01:01 AM #11
Flashed... although zefie can you tell me what do all of those Yes and Nos mean? I am confused...
For example, if I went to update from zip, I am getting something like:
- Yes - Install /sdcard/update
A manual would be helpful here... haha
- 02-11-2011, 01:09 AM #12
(this is how Clockwork worked on my Hero also...)
I actually like this better to ensure you really DO want to flash whatever file your using...
I think I'll switch over to this in a day or two... (wait for the dust to settle...)
Manuals? Where we come from there aren't any manual's...
Does this work with EXT file systems on the SD card?
- 02-11-2011, 01:12 AM #13
- 02-11-2011, 04:09 AM #15
Appearently it gets flashed to /cache (?) then a special flag is set then when you reboot the bootloader takes it from /cache and flashes it. or bricks you. or maybe its flashing the wrong partition lol
- 02-11-2011, 02:07 PM #17
- 02-11-2011, 02:21 PM #18
- 02-11-2011, 03:06 PM #19
- 583 Posts
- Stock - Maybe OC Kernel
but i'm 99% sure it flashed the radio as i had the handsfree activation issue after going back to my nandroid which was v9, and had that until i went to v8-v9 and it flashed the v9 radio.
i'm still confused on what i did to not brick the first time i flashed lol.
Last edited by beezy; 02-12-2011 at 02:27 AM.
- 02-11-2011, 10:54 PM #20
- 02-11-2011, 11:20 PM #21
My theory is that the new nandroid md5sum after its dumped but doesn't appear to verify the contents as they are dumped.
My point is, have any of you had an issue restoring from a NEW nandroid dump CREATED WITH CWMA? If not, maybe it is just my SDCard giving out lol
Edit: Maybe this is a common bug in ClockworkMod? I remember some of you having PowerManager issues in VCRom.. were you using smccloud's recovery? The problem must be in nandroid CREATION because it can restore my Amon-style backup fine
But if I make a new one then restore it, **** is broken.
- 02-12-2011, 12:53 AM #23
Also any backups that were created in GNM's recovery are 100% working for restore, since thats whats saving my bum now. lol.
- 02-12-2011, 01:01 AM #25
I'm concerned... I've experienced a few instances where I can't seem to boot into recovery...
(either via adb restart recovery, or by the "three finger salute" method...)
I'm not sure what to think about it at this point... perhaps I have a key dying - phone's only about a month old at this point...
Edit: at one point, I'd wondered if I'd managed to corrupt my file system on the recovery partition... I've noticed that if it gets corrupted, fsck doesn't seem to do much for you, and only via scripts can you format your partitions...
edit again: I've reverted to the first version again... which seems to work fine when doing an adb reboot (at least at this point)...