Un-Brick method for SOME forms of brick

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
1) Radio Brick is not a Perma-brick? I managed to unbrick. Details from beezy soon :)

2) VC update cab does NOT overwrite recovery. I had my custom recovery after unbricking with VC cab. This is our surefire way to update to VC radio...

3) ..until I figure out how to flash it in Xionia CWMA. Being as it is not a perma-brick (though annoyingly time consuming still), I can test radio flashing more vigorously until I get it to work :)

4) This will double as a downgrader, including downgrading VC OTA back to V9 for root.

5) This will not replace my return to stock thread since it does not flash everything (recovery, cache, data, etc)

6) Radio unbricks will have a corrupt /cache

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
FIRST READ ALL OF THIS POST

You will need to go into EMERGENCY MODE(Will be called E-mode in this guide)
If you have a extra person around ask them to help you,use you toes if you have to,or buy a monkey.lol
*To enter E-mode*
You will hold the following buttons
hold volume down+camera+search(not the side one)then while plugging into pc press and hold power. You should go into a screen that has EMERGENCY MODE displayed in red letters.

We are not responsible for your device,don't blame us if your monkey stops eating bannans,your car gets a flat tire,if your sdcard grows legs and walks out your phone.We tried to test this as muchs possible but freak things happen and we can't be at fault.:D

1) Disconnect phone from PC, power, and battery

2) Get kp500 utils v0.4.2 (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service)

3) Get VC cab (http://files.mysticmidnight.net/zef...PST Recovery/cab/LS670ZVC_11.SC_11.P60674.cab)

4) Save cab as C:\LS670ZVC_11.SC_11.P60674.cab

5) Run KP500-Utils-EN.exe, need only that exe and all the DLLs from
zip in step 2

6) Press J

7) Model: LS670

8) Cab: C:\LS670ZVC_11.SC_11.P60674.cab (u can paste this into cmd
prompt by clicking icon on the top left, edit, paste)

9) Version: LS670ZVC

10) When LG fails to find your phone, launch "emergency mode". When
E-mode is active and the drivers are installed, press the "restart"
button on the LG update

11) The LG update will fail and say it lost connection with your
phone. The phone will say do not remove power. But guess what.. you
have to. So do so. Then plug it back in without any button voodoo and
it should go back to the updating warning.( if there is a % on the screen do not pull the cable)

12) Press restart on LG Updater and enjoy.

Once everything is done go back up one post and hit that thanks button for zefie cause without him this wouldn't of been possible. Plus he tested this several times so thank you again zefie.;) Thanks goes to our phones we bricked that lead us to this.lol

Last edited:

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! I did notice when trying to run that tool yesterday it was said emergency mode connection OK. Though unable to do anything about it I didnt pay it much mind. You guys are truly dedicated to this, and to purposely brick your phones for the rest of us. Well lets just say that alone speaks volumes ;)

Thank You

If I wasn't laid-off with unemployment denied :( I would send some beers that way!

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
So... if I understand this right, this would let me flash the VC radio without bricking/having to revert to stock? :D

This is a fix for those who DID flash the VC update while having a custom recovery on the phone, causing a brick.

I still have my "brick" as my replacement swap was done at my house, not the sprint store. Gonna unbrick it later this afternoon, remove a few things, then re-brick :)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
So... if I understand this right, this would let me flash the VC radio without bricking/having to revert to stock? :D

This is to save you from having to replace your phone if you brick it. Mainly when flashing a radio. If you brick for some other reason give it a try that worst that could happen then is it doesn't un-brick.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I've started this process right now. It's odd, but I don't get anything on my screen. The buttons illuminate at the bottom of the phone, the phone goes through all of the steps as if there were things on the screen, but the screen is blank. Looks like screen is getting no power. I'm a bit worried, but I'll wait until the whole process completes.

EDIT 1: It got to 99%, restarted the phone, then resumed being a brick by showing just the LG screen. Trying the process again.

EDIT 2: Same results, still a brick. I'm trying the ZV9 cab instead to see if that changes anything. Also running KDZ in emergency mode does not work. Will post back with the results of the ZV9 flash attempt.

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Zefie/Beezy's post will allow you to flash any firmware version you want with the phone in EMERGENCY mode (meaning it can handle most bricked phone situations). It is a generic solution to fix bricked phones.

It won't touch the recovery partition, meaning once you mistakenly install the OTA VC update and get the VC Recovery partition (which isn't currently rootable), you need to first restore the V9 recovery partition before then reapplying the VC update using the LG Update tool (which will apply the VC update and radio, but leave the recovery partition alone)

If you want the VC radio while preserving the ability to root (but have installed OTA VC by mistake), your best bet is to use KP500 to revert to V9, then follow Zefie's unroot procedure (which will in the process restore the V9 recovery partition, the key to rooting VC, and give you further instruction to get to any version you want)

If you are currently on V9 but want the VC radio, your best bet is to use the LG Update tool to install VC (do not use the OTA VC update)

There are instructions for the first scenario in my signature.

Last edited:
Reactions: parin and zefie

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Zefie - Are there any log files that I can send you from the failed attempt to reflash/unbrick my phone that could help you in the future. I fear I'm going to have to go to Sprint and exchange the phone as it appears to be perma-bricked.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Zefie - Are there any log files that I can send you from the failed attempt to reflash/unbrick my phone that could help you in the future. I fear I'm going to have to go to Sprint and exchange the phone as it appears to be perma-bricked.

have you tried using the guide? Try more then once if it failed this has worked several times now.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
have you tried using the guide? Try more then once if it failed this has worked several times now.

I have tried it 3 times now. With VC cab files it gets to 99 percent and then just restarts the phone to a brick. With the V9 cab it just had a decompression error, and I'm downloading V8 right now to test. I just find it odd that my phone never says EMERGENCY MODE, it's just a blank screen, but it is going into EMERGENCY MODE.

EDIT: Does not work with ZV8 cab files. Gets to 4% then fails.

Last edited:

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

You said it was going through the actions but no pciture? Did you try to force flash xionia 007 or something? This doesnt restore boot it only seems to flash /system and RADIO.

Also decompression error means your download failed
http://files.mysticmidnight.net/md5...PST Recovery/cab/LS670ZVC_11.SC_11.P60674.cab

Use that link to see the proper md5sum of the VC cab then use something like HashTab to verify your cab.
Failing at 99% probably corrupted something, see if you can get it to flash 100%

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
You said it was going through the actions but no pciture? Did you try to force flash xionia 007 or something? This doesnt restore boot it only seems to flash /system and RADIO.

Also decompression error means your download failed

[PRIOR TO BRICK] I got VC update through LG updater, everything worked fine. Rooted the phone, worked fine. Loaded custom recovery, worked fine. Flashed VCRom007, rebooted and it stuck at boot animation. Performed battery pull, brick.

Now the updater only gets to 4% no matter the version of radio cab and fails with this message:
_________________________________________________________________________________

07:42:59 : ********* CDMA Model.dll input Parameter End*************
07:43:00 : wParam : 20, lParam = 570
07:43:00 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 570)
07:43:00 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 570)
07:43:08 : wParam : 6, lParam = 0
07:43:08 : MODEL DLL Event : (6, 0)
07:43:08 : wParam : 100, lParam = 84
07:43:08 : MODEL DLL Event : (100, 84)
07:43:08 : CleanModelDll() : Free Model.dll
07:43:08 : _DetachDLL Call
07:43:08 : _DetachDLL Call End
07:43:08 : FreeLibrary Call
07:43:10 : FreeLibrary Call End
07:43:11 : wParam : 20, lParam = 0
07:43:11 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 0)
07:43:12 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 0)
07:43:12 : Page_Error ?κ??Դϴ?
07:43:12 : ????? Retry ?κ??Դϴ?

I think this phone hates me. :(

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
[PRIOR TO BRICK] I got VC update through LG updater, everything worked fine. Rooted the phone, worked fine. Loaded custom recovery, worked fine. Flashed VCRom007, rebooted and it stuck at boot animation. Performed battery pull, brick.

Now the updater only gets to 4% no matter the version of radio cab and fails with this message:
_________________________________________________________________________________

07:42:59 : ********* CDMA Model.dll input Parameter End*************
07:43:00 : wParam : 20, lParam = 570
07:43:00 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 570)
07:43:00 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 570)
07:43:08 : wParam : 6, lParam = 0
07:43:08 : MODEL DLL Event : (6, 0)
07:43:08 : wParam : 100, lParam = 84
07:43:08 : MODEL DLL Event : (100, 84)
07:43:08 : CleanModelDll() : Free Model.dll
07:43:08 : _DetachDLL Call
07:43:08 : _DetachDLL Call End
07:43:08 : FreeLibrary Call
07:43:10 : FreeLibrary Call End
07:43:11 : wParam : 20, lParam = 0
07:43:11 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 0)
07:43:12 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 0)
07:43:12 : Page_Error ?κ??Դϴ?
07:43:12 : ????? Retry ?κ??Դϴ?

I think this phone hates me. :(

You are at step 11. When it fails at 4 percent, and the restart button appears, pull battery and data cable, replace only data cable. click restart when downloader screen appears.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
You are at step 11. When it fails at 4 percent, and the restart button appears, pull battery and data cable, replace only data cable. click restart when downloader screen appears.

That sends it back to the updater screen and then it goes to 4% and starts over ad infinitum. I'm trying it on another computer and it is going through the full process again, so hopefully I will get better results. I'll post again with the results.

EDIT: It goes to the LG screen on the phone (brick status). Time to go to Sprint. I'm getting frustrated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21