Un-Brick method for SOME forms of brick

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much the same here, 4% then FAIL

10:58:23 : ********* CDMA Model.dll input Parameter End*************
10:58:24 : wParam : 20, lParam = 570
10:58:24 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 570)
10:58:25 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 570)

It seems like the tool it constantly dropping and restarting the USB connection, as the This device can run faster on high speed USB port keeps popping up, along with the USB connect/disconnect sounds.

If we disconnect data cable and remove battery, the connect data cable only the download screen does not come up on phone. A screen comes on saying "BATTERY REQUIRED".

I dont doubt that this works, as I seen the phone connecting to the tool yesterday in emergency mode, I just didnt know what to do with it, lol. That where the pro's take the reigns and compile a fix :) Maybe a "High Speed" USB port is required, I miss my laptop :(

Perhaps since the radio never flashed it needs to be V9 for me?

Last edited:

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much the same here, 4% then FAIL

10:58:23 : ********* CDMA Model.dll input Parameter End*************
10:58:24 : wParam : 20, lParam = 570
10:58:24 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 570)
10:58:25 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 570)

It seems like the tool it constantly dropping and restarting the USB connection, as the This device can run faster on high speed USB port keeps popping up, along with the USB connect/disconnect sounds.

If we disconnect data cable and remove battery, the connect data cable only the download screen does not come up on phone. A screen comes on saying "BATTERY REQUIRED".

I dont doubt that this works, as I seen the phone connecting to the tool yesterday in emergency mode, I just didnt know what to do with it, lol. That where the pro's take the reigns and compile a fix :) Maybe a "High Speed" USB port is required, I miss my laptop :(

Perhaps since the radio never flashed it needs to be V9 for me?

it does that. try hitting restart the first time it does that. read the log when it says "Phone Mode (2)" then you know its working. THEN step 11 will occur. You guys are hitting the random bug before step 11.

aka
4% fail
click restart on lge updater without touching phone
it shows "Phone Mode (2)" somewhere in the log
then it will fail again and THEN follow step 11.

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Step 11

11) The LG update will fail and say it lost connection with your
phone. The phone will say do not remove power. But guess what.. you
have to. So do so. Then plug it back in without any button voodoo and
it should go back to the updating warning.( if there is a % on the screen do not pull the cable)

Just pull the USB cable and plug it back in, then press restart?

The tool prompts me to pull usb cable, pull battery, replace battery, press power and reconnect cable. If I do what the tool states it goes to LG screen.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Step 11

11) The LG update will fail and say it lost connection with your
phone. The phone will say do not remove power. But guess what.. you
have to. So do so. Then plug it back in without any button voodoo and
it should go back to the updating warning.( if there is a % on the screen do not pull the cable)

Just pull the USB cable and plug it back in, then press restart?

The tool prompts me to pull usb cable, pull battery, replace battery, press power and reconnect cable. If I do what the tool states it goes to LG screen.

Are you getting "Phone Mode (2)"? Which LG Screen? Download or boot.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Wtf? I hate sleeping! Always miss the cool stuff! And I was sure I pressed every button combo on my brink lol. Flipping amazing guys. It looks like bricks my be a thing of the past for us now?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting "Phone Mode (2)"? Which LG Screen? Download or boot.

If I pull USB, then battery, then replace battery and USB the same LG splash come up, silver LG with small ICON. If I do the funky monkey and hold buttons I can get the emergency mode again, but it stops at 4% like before.

While tool is connected it drops and reconnects my usb connect a lot!

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
If I pull USB, then battery, then replace battery and USB the same LG splash come up, silver LG with small ICON. If I do the funky monkey and hold buttons I can get the emergency mode again, but it stops at 4% like before.

While tool is connected it drops and reconnects my usb connect a lot!

it does drop alot until you get to step 11, i dont understand why you aren't getting there. keep clicking restart on the updater without unplugging the phone until you see "Phone Mode (2)"

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
it does drop alot until you get to step 11, i dont understand why you aren't getting there. keep clicking restart on the updater without unplugging the phone until you see "Phone Mode (2)"

I have clicked restart so many times it tells me to exit, leaving no option but to exit, lol.

This is confirmed for those who "flashed" the LG update? What I had done was take the file from my cache in phone and rename it to update.zip, put on sd card. I then nandroided to my stock image (made at time of first root). I booted recovery and flashed. It went OK until it told me to reboot for radio update, then it was all silver LG/ICON from there out. I got my phone replaced already, I am trying to practice, find a work around for my situation, idk?

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have clicked restart so many times it tells me to exit, leaving no option but to exit, lol.

This is confirmed for those who "flashed" the LG update? What I had done was take the file from my cache in phone and rename it to update.zip, put on sd card. I then nandroided to my stock image (made at time of first root). I booted recovery and flashed. It went OK until it told me to reboot for radio update, then it was all silver LG/ICON from there out. I got my phone replaced already, I am trying to practice, find a work around for my situation, idk?

I think I see where you are stuck but not sure why. Are you stuck on the
"Analysis" or "Upgrade" tab in LG Updater? When it fails at "Upgrade" around 3-4% is when step 11 occurs.

Under analysis, leave the phone plugged in when clicking restart.

Also it should not matter how or what was applied. I have done both zip and cab and i can still downgrade/upgrade/restore.

Perhaps try a different USB port? It will show that "can perform faster" popup, and it will disconnect and reconnect itself (until step 11), idk why it does that, but it still works.

Also try leaving the battery out. You don't need the battery for e-mode. IF you get the "battery required" before step 11 you did something wrong.

You can put in the battery when its flashing. Just don't unplug the cable. If you don't put in the battery you will get "battery required" after it is done flashing, you can then boot normal.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Here is a successful update log. Any errors you get after 99% and the phone reboots you can safely ignore.

http://pastie.org/1556860

Where you see "Page_Error" is where step 11 was.
"Calling Retry Thread" is after clicking restart when the phone was reattached in download mode (automatically via step 11)

Last edited:
Reactions: SonOfLiberty

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I think I see where you are stuck but not sure why. Are you stuck on the
"Analysis" or "Upgrade" tab in LG Updater? When it fails at "Upgrade" around 3-4% is when step 11 occurs.

Under analysis, leave the phone plugged in when clicking restart.

Also it should not matter how or what was applied. I have done both zip and cab and i can still downgrade/upgrade/restore.

Perhaps try a different USB port? It will show that "can perform faster" popup, and it will disconnect and reconnect itself (until step 11), idk why it does that, but it still works.

Also try leaving the battery out. You don't need the battery for e-mode. IF you get the "battery required" before step 11 you did something wrong.

You can put in the battery when its flashing. Just don't unplug the cable. If you don't put in the battery you will get "battery required" after it is done flashing, you can then boot normal.

OK I start battery out, get to "UPDATE" 4%, it loses connection. If I pull USB and plug back in with no battery I get battery required. If I try plugging back in with battery I get the LG screen (silver/ICON).

If I get to the point and put in battery then pull cable and reconnect it will stop again at 4%.

After a pull it never restarts in a E-mode or anything. It only restarts in silver LG/Icon unless I do the funky monkey buttons.

The only other thing I can think that may be different then is I edited the kernek and removed sprint boot images, so as soon as I pulg in it tries to start. Maybe???

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
stop pulling the first time i tell ya you still arent saying if its reaching Phone Mode (2) or not.

No, never seen anything called labeled phone mode 2. The phone says this, or updater?

OK yes I see the phone mode 2

16:21:48 : 2 - Emergency connect success
16:21:48 : Phone Mode(2)
16:21:48 : *****GetPhoneType Start*****
16:21:51 : Phone Type : CDMA

It stops once it hits 4%, no way at all does it restart after the pulling of data cable

Last edited:

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
No, never seen anything called labeled phone mode 2. The phone says this, or updater?

the updater. click restart on the updater WITHOUT unplugging the phone until you see "Phone Mode (2)" in the update logs. The tabs on the top of updater you can see "Analyzing" then the third one is "Updating", unless you are on "Updating" when it says connection failed do not unplug the phone before restarting on lge updater

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
the updater. click restart on the updater WITHOUT unplugging the phone until you see "Phone Mode (2)" in the update logs. The tabs on the top of updater you can see "Analyzing" then the third one is "Updating", unless you are on "Updating" when it says connection failed do not unplug the phone before restarting on lge updater

I understand, I get to "updating" in phone mode 2. That where it tells me it lost connection @ 4%. From there I have tried every combination there is to restart, pull this pull that, dont pull this but pull that.

I dont need to do this, but wanted to. Just incase I need to in the future, I figure better to learn on a bricked device while I can.

This is the last thing I see log before it tells me to restart while at 4%

16:35:48 : PhoneMode : 2
16:35:48 : NewPhoneBinVersion : LS670ZVC
16:35:48 : ClearSI : FALSE
16:35:48 : AuthMark : 14246
16:35:48 : ********* CDMA Model.dll input Parameter End*************
16:35:49 : wParam : 20, lParam = 570
16:35:49 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 570)
16:35:50 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 570)

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's the best time to try these things, when you are going to return it to Sprint anyway (I think you mentioned Sprint was replacing your old phone in a different thread)

I'm sure everyone appreciates your efforts working through the process.

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
That's the best time to try these things, when you are going to return it to Sprint anyway (I think you mentioned Sprint was replacing your old phone in a different thread)

I'm sure everyone appreciates your efforts working through the process.

Its replaced already.

I am at the lost connection point again. It says "Problem with communication between phone and PC"

Please disconnect the cable from your phone in order and remove and connect your battery. When I do this in ANY combination it FAILS after that, of course it waits until 4% to fail though. I think it has something to do with this message...

16:42:04 : ********* CDMA Model.dll input Parameter End*************
16:42:05 : wParam : 20, lParam = 570
16:42:05 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 570)
16:42:06 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 570)

After so many FAIL's it makes me start the whole thing over, lol.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Its replaced already.

I am at the lost connection point again. It says "Problem with communication between phone and PC"

Please disconnect the cable from your phone in order and remove and connect your battery. When I do this in ANY combination it FAILS after that, of course it waits until 4% to fail though. I think it has something to do with this message...

16:42:04 : ********* CDMA Model.dll input Parameter End*************
16:42:05 : wParam : 20, lParam = 570
16:42:05 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 570)
16:42:06 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 570)

After so many FAIL's it makes me start the whole thing over, lol.

Have not had this issue. Is there any chance there is a typo in the config you are using in kp500 utils? I put my cabs in C:\ as v8.cab v9.cab vC.cab so I can just put

LS670
C:\vC.cab
LS670ZVC

Also try with V9 or V8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781