[Super-App] LG Optimus S Control Center 1.1.001 NO LONGER NEED ANDROID SDK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyFredFred

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have z4root installed and I already have another question. hehe
If z4root will work, should I do temporary, or permanent root?
I see temporary root only lasts until my next reboot, so I did permanent. We'll see what happens! hehe

FreddyFredFred

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, it rooted with z4root. I then tried to install the stock recovery. I hit all the superuser permissions. And my phone didn't reboot. I tried it again, and because I left the 'remember decision' checked and it didn't ask for any the second time. But the phone still didn't reboot.
Any suggestions?

FreddyFredFred

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm stuck. I tried to flash it using adb. When I type adb reboot-bootloader it just reboots normal. When I try using Control Center, it doesn't reboot at all. Is there a way to check what recovery I have? I don't want to go further and have to start all over again. Please help! hehe
Thanks

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm stuck. I tried to flash it using adb. When I type adb reboot-bootloader it just reboots normal. When I try using Control Center, it doesn't reboot at all. Is there a way to check what recovery I have? I don't want to go further and have to start all over again. Please help! hehe
Thanks

Yeah adb reboot bootloader won't do a thing. You need to do "adb reboot recovery" instead.

The reason it didn't work in the Control Center is because you didn't root using the Control Center, therefore none of the supporting AAT scripts were installed. This will change in the next version of the Control Center.

FreddyFredFred

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, one last question. I am still getting a message about a system update. I checked and I definitely have VC.
I doubt I should accept this update. Am I right? If I shouldn't install it, how do I get rid of the message?
Thanks again for all your help!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
OK, one last question. I am still getting a message about a system update. I checked and I definitely have VC.
I doubt I should accept this update. Am I right? If I shouldn't install it, how do I get rid of the message?
Thanks again for all your help!

No you should not accept the update. It would probably error out, but as a rule of thumb OTA updates shouldn't be accepted unless there's an absolute need for it.

I would try rebooting your phone and see if that helps.

Apophis1979

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello, first off thanks so much for the "idiots way to root and flash" its perfect for peeps like me. Now to my problem:

I was rooted and updated to vc via lg software tools and now with stock vc.

I installed your program.
I emptied my sd card and only have the "update.zip" in it.
Then I booted into recovery mode via root utility.
I went to "sd card>update.zip and clicked on install,
It ran and aborted with something like "files not verified" error. {i figured this was the error you were referring to}
Then I went through the prompts to root.
My phone never rebooted! I left it there for 30 mins and it did nothing. I tried 5 times.

What should I do? Id really like to get your program to work because I have a friend with the same phone and he wants it rooted too. Again, thanks for the time given to all of us and I look forward to your response.

DMT

Last edited:

Apophis1979

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I apologize. I meant "disconnect".

I jus did it again. I got into recovery and went to sdcard and then ran the "update.zip" file. I then got the error "E:No Signature (199 files), E:Verification failed., INstallation aborted.

I left it on that screen and clicked on "root" and follwed the prompts. The phone doesnt disconnect or even flinch. THen the control center states that my phone has been rooted. But there is never any "superuser" installed. Did I miss a step? SHould I acknowledge the aborted installation?

Thanks again.

DMT

FreddyFredFred

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Before you updated to VC using the update tool did you flash stock V9 recovery? That was the step I missed and it sounds like you are having the same problem.

Apophis1979

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
nope. I must have missed that step. I apologize for the newb error. I will go back and do it tonight. My wife is barking at me to do something productive. Thanks Mr. Krueger.

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Lately i have been looking for the easiest/safest way to upgrade to VC so how would i go about using this to update to VC. Right now im on LEGO ROM with drellisdees recovery. I also have a nandroid backup i made of stock ROM from way back when i first rooted my phone if i can use that to help make things smoother.

Apophis1979

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
OK. IM stuck. Im sure this should be posted elseware but im not sure where. as freddy stated I updated to vc without flashing to stock recovery. so I went back and took my phone back to v9 via "how to revert to ls670v9 thread. Then I updated through lg desktop to vc. then i went and tried this superapp and got the same problem as before.

Any ideas? Sorry in advance if this is too specific for this thread. Ill take gladly my lashings.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
OK. IM stuck. Im sure this should be posted elseware but im not sure where. as freddy stated I updated to vc without flashing to stock recovery. so I went back and took my phone back to v9 via "how to revert to ls670v9 thread. Then I updated through lg desktop to vc. then i went and tried this superapp and got the same problem as before.

Any ideas? Sorry in advance if this is too specific for this thread. Ill take gladly my lashings.

OK. Do you currently have the Android SDK installed and configured?

FreddyFredFred

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Now, you must flash stock V9 recovery, then update to VC using the update tool, then the Control Center should root your phone.
It took me a couple tries. You'll get it eventually!

Apophis1979

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Fred! I went a different route but got 1.7 vc on there. I just went from the z4root to the thread "Update your rooted V9 baseband Optimus S to VC without losing all your data." and got it. It was a little harder but i learned a little more. Thanks again.

I wish I had the time to do what these guys do for us. I personally am very thankful.

quietude38

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm sure I'm doing this wrong somehow, but I can't get my newly-purchased Optimus S rooted.

When I reboot the phone into recovery mode and apply the update from the SD card, I get an error message saying the update could not be applied (which I understand it's supposed to do.)

I then try to apply the root exploit and the phone just sits there doing nothing while the Command Center window flashes a couple of times, then it gives me the "your phone is rooted!" message. However, Titanium Backup says it can't get root access when I try to run it.

This is a fresh out of the box Optimus with VC. Ideas?

mercrapper

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm sure I'm doing this wrong somehow, but I can't get my newly-purchased Optimus S rooted.

When I reboot the phone into recovery mode and apply the update from the SD card, I get an error message saying the update could not be applied (which I understand it's supposed to do.)

I then try to apply the root exploit and the phone just sits there doing nothing while the Command Center window flashes a couple of times, then it gives me the "your phone is rooted!" message. However, Titanium Backup says it can't get root access when I try to run it.

This is a fresh out of the box Optimus with VC. Ideas?

Did you install the SuperUser App?
If not, look for it in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781