Was rooting VC, now stuck at LG Logo

dwh1996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was rooting my Optimus and I have no idea what happened. When I turn on the phone it just has the lg screen that comes up when the phone starts and wont change. When I plug the phone into the computer it doesnt detect it as a device. What do I do?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I was rooting my Optimus and I have no idea what happened. When I turn on the phone it just has the lg screen that comes up when the phone starts and wont change. When I plug the phone into the computer it doesnt detect it as a device. What do I do?

Please give specific information.

1. Which version of the Optimus S software are you trying to root? (e.g. LS670ZVC)
2. If your version is LS670ZVC, how did you update? This is important.
3. Did you use z4 or a guide?

dwh1996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes I was already rooted, then I un-rooted it updated to VC through the LG Mobile updater then I used a guide to try and root it

javascriptvoid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
well try that unbrick method thats what happened to me it puts you back to stock vc then go to recovery
(the custom recovery stays when you use that unbrick method) and restore the stuff if you made a backup this is what happened to me today and lastnight i was freaking out but all is good and another thing maybe you shouldnt over clock your phone too much i think thats what my problem was i keeping mine under 747 instead of 825

ps the lg b&w screen may be there for a couple of minutes just be patient

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
please use accurate descriptions in your title when posting. Users who may have a similar problem in the future are unlikely to search for a thread titled "HELP" if they are looking for information on unbricking and or rooting their phone. With that said, Those topics (including the LG screen sticking) are covered multiple times in multiple threads.

Try the following in the following order:
1) Turn your phone off
2) Pull the battery
3) Let phone sit without battery for several minutes (while unplugged from wall and computer)
4) Put battery back in
5) Try to power up

If no then ....

1) Pull your battery out
2) Put the battery in and follow my instructions closely.
3) With the phone off, Press and hold the home button (dont let go until i say)
4) Press and hold the volume down button (don't let go until i say)
5) Press and hold the power button. Dont let go of any of the buttons until you are at the recovery screen.
6) You can now let go of the buttons i said to not let go of

Are you in recovery? Your PC will now recognize your phone.

If no then ...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...s/59781-un-brick-method-some-forms-brick.html

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same thing last night. That happened when I used KP500 tool to force flash VC cab over stock V9. It will go into emerge mode but you wont see the writing. The thing is when its time to pull the cable and pop in the battery at 4% the KP500 will fail. What I had to do was keep trying to get into recovery, try different combination like volume up instated of down. One time after a while it will boot into recovery, wipe/factory reset , thsn you can then use the KP500 tool to force flash the V9 cab not the VC. This should put you back to V9, from there either stay or try again. :)

I can't link anything I am on phone...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same thing last night. That happened when I used KP500 tool to force flash VC cab over stock V9. It will go into emerge mode but you wont see the writing. The thing is when its time to pull the cable and pop in the battery at 4% the KP500 will fail. What I had to do was keep trying to get into recovery, try different combination like volume up instated of down. One time after a while it will boot into recovery, wipe/factory reset , thsn you can then use the KP500 tool to force flash the V9 cab not the VC. This should put you back to V9, from there either stay or try again. :)
When you say you force flash VC, are you using the "unbrick some forms of brick" procedure or the one in my signature.

They work differently. The unbrick one does it in emergency mode. The one in my signature does it in regular diag mode.

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
When you say you force flash VC, are you using the "unbrick some forms of brick" procedure or the one in my signature.

They work differently. The unbrick one does it in emergency mode. The one in my signature does it in regular diag mode.

The unbrick one for this...

Edit....

Question, I know they work diff with modes and all that. The outcome is the same though, right? (posted in other thread too)

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Question, I know they work diff with modes and all that. The outcome is the same though, right? (posted in other thread too)
The outcome is supposed to be the same, but if the process to get there is different, it could account for why you are having issues with force flashing VC when others weren't.

I'm not saying it is definitely the reason for the difference. That would require more investigation, but it could account for it. I saw some URLs that relate to some "emergency" bins that might be downloaded when that mode is invoked so what is being flashed might be slightly different. I haven't confirmed that.

So if you have the energy, I suggest you do the force flash to VC in diag mode (instructions in the reference section of my sig). Others have had success doing it that way. It doesn't require the plug/unplug stuff to get into emergency mode.

dwh1996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Please give specific information.

1. Which version of the Optimus S software are you trying to root? (e.g. LS670ZVC)
2. If your version is LS670ZVC, how did you update? This is important.
3. Did you use z4 or a guide?

I am trying to root LS670ZVC. I updated it via the mobile updater. I used a guide.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz