Optimus S rom kitchen? Anybody wanna do it?

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I just read in a thread in xda that this OUT kitchen thing existed and it was like u got to make your own theme!! I was really excited but noticed I understood less than 1/99 that they were talking about and how to do it XP. So what are the steps to making my own theme? Thanks :)

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I just read in a thread in xda that this OUT kitchen thing existed and it was like u got to make your own theme!! I was really excited but noticed I understood less than 1/99 that they were talking about and how to do it XP. So what are the steps to making my own theme? Thanks :)

Make or port? 2 completely different animals ....

Port = http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/49049-how-port-theme.html

Make = I couldn't be paid enough to type that out then support it :p. It's essentially custom editing/creating PNG's. If you need more frames per PNG then you'll also jump into XML editing.

porpherion

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Make or port? 2 completely different animals ....

Port = http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/49049-how-port-theme.html

Make = I couldn't be paid enough to type that out then support it :p. It's essentially custom editing/creating PNG's. If you need more frames per PNG then you'll also jump into XML editing.

For UOT Kitchen, there is a site. You choose the custom theme elements you want, upload your framework-res.apk from thr ROM you use, and it cooks a zip you can flash. Haven't gotten it to work with ThundeROM yet :(

Site is UOT Kitchen

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Would be nice but I really couldnt ask for anything more than what we have been given. If you take the time to look thru all the posts and do some research it seems that you can get just about anything you want out of the ROMS we have to choose from. Just one geeks opinion... and yea a one click installer does kinda feel like someone playing Call of Duty with an Aimbot. :p IMO

ztag100

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd be willing to do anything I can, I have some GIMP skills, and I could make an attempt to help out with the interface of the website... (coding would HAVE to be done by someone else.)

kpfeiffer

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
For UOT Kitchen, there is a site. You choose the custom theme elements you want, upload your framework-res.apk from thr ROM you use, and it cooks a zip you can flash. Haven't gotten it to work with ThundeROM yet :(

Site is UOT Kitchen

I got it to work somewhat. I was able to get the Notification Bar pulldown, the battery icon and the system font to work. I tried the Icons but it seemed to make them flash between the standard TR ones and the ones I picked in the kitchen which was kind of annoying on some (Like the download one). I didn't mess with window animations and I couldn't get the boot animation to work, which was also fine with me. I've been using to change the battery icon and font mainly and it's worked great for that.

I noticed that with the Notification Bar pulldown, that when I picked the Bright Silence one (liked the little droid in the corner), he didn't show up on my phone quite right. Probably would have worked better if we didn't have a small screen on our phone...like maybe if I had been trying with an Evo or something.

ztag100

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
What is the progress? Has anyone taken initiative in trying to build this? We should try and form a team of people to work on this... I'm willing to help out in anyway possible.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
While i'm not really interested in creating the kitchen (mainly due to my lack of knowledge) I would love to be able to create my own themes. I have a ridiculous amount of time on my hands thanks to working in IT. While I have little knowledge on the android system I learn faster than most and am willing to put in the effort if someone can point me to where I can get started.

ztag100

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Lets make this happen

While i'm not really interested in creating the kitchen (mainly due to my lack of knowledge) I would love to be able to create my own themes. I have a ridiculous amount of time on my hands thanks to working in IT. While I have little knowledge on the android system I learn faster than most and am willing to put in the effort if someone can point me to where I can get started.

Thats How I feel, I don't have much knowledge on the android operating system. But I could pick it up as I go along. What I was thinking was that this web service could create a completely customized experience for the end user including any function that they wish to include, and customized themes... If we could get some Chefs to help build this, it could become a reality. All I need is some people to gain some enthusiasm.

maxter5080

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
yo i want to help but i know nothing otherwise id put in a few hours a day

some body make a android rom mod website

then post link to!

plz! get this movement for new android devs moving :):D:D:):D:):D

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
yo i want to help but i know nothing otherwise id put in a few hours a day

some body make a android rom mod website

then post link to!

plz! get this movement for new android devs moving :):D:D:):D:):D

That's not something that will happen anytime soon. It would require a dedicated server (or 3) with full root access, mounds of disk space and unlimited bandwidth. Who is going to pay for that?