- 04-05-2011, 01:19 AM #201
- 5 Posts
Ok, so I reverted back to VC a week or so ago and now I am getting the update notification. I would like to stop getting this notification so my question is, if I do the VC install again, but change the names to VD will the updater think I have the newest version and stop bugging me.
I have my doubts that this will work, but it's worth asking the question.
- 04-05-2011, 12:38 PM #203
- 04-06-2011, 12:44 PM #204
- 1 Posts
The program updater starts, but freezes at 25% (determining if LG PC sync program is running).
The actual LG tool works, finds my phone and gets me to the point where the program says that this model is not supported (about 44%, well after checking for PC Sync and identifying phone) but when I try to use the KP500 program it doesn't go past 25%.
- 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM #206
- 14 Posts
okay I just did everything and my Optimus is just a black screen. It working as I can hear my phone get txt msgs and the back light is on. I loaded up the LG mobile support tool to see if it downgraded and sure enough it did to ZV9. My question is how do I go from ZV9 to ZVC so I can root this phone?
- 04-07-2011, 12:13 PM #208
- 04-07-2011, 08:42 PM #210
- 04-07-2011, 09:56 PM #212
Everything went well when I reverted back to LS670V9. My phone seems to be working well. No problems. When I attempt to update my profile or update the PRL, I get a message that says "The Client failed to authenticate the DM Server(48). Please try again later." I've tried it several times and I continue to get the same answer. How do I fix this problem? Thanks for any help in advance.
Backup your important data.
Make sure you are running Xionia CWMA recovery (not thunderc recovery)
Open your dialer, dial ##786#. It'll ask you for MSL. Call Sprint and tell them you are having trouble with data and update profile isn't working so you were told to do a ##786# reset, but it is asking for a code. They'll give you your 6-digit MSL code. Once you enter it, your phone will reboot and reset. After the reboot is done (which will take a little longer because it needs to create stuff from scratch) restore you data.
- 04-08-2011, 11:48 PM #214
- 04-09-2011, 03:19 PM #216
- 04-10-2011, 07:11 AM #218
Need some help ...
OK, so I have Xionia now after rooting.
I reverted back to Z9 (V9), or whatever it's called. In the guide it took me to post three in this guide saying that I should install either ThunderROM or CM7 if I want to keep root ... So I did ... I decided I wanted to try CM7, so like the guide on CM7 says I did the first flash ... first, then CM7, then Google Apps; however, CM7 didn't work ... Even after re-downloading it, four times, I can't get it to work. I cleared data, yada yada yada. I didn't however, make a nandroid back up
All I want to know is, can I get someones nandroid backup? Or something?
It said you needed to install Xionia CWMA Recovery if you wanted to preserve your ability to root.
It *never* said you should install Cyanogen Mod or ThundeROM custom ROMs to keep root. You can stay at ZV9 or ZVD and be rooted. The revert post directed you to do part 2 of the ZVD rooting guide. After that you could have chosen to just do part 5 and be rooted with ZVD.
- 04-11-2011, 12:55 AM #220Part 3: If you wish to simply update to the VD radio and run a custom ROM (Xionia Clockwork Recovery)
Now that you have Xionia Clockwork Recovery installed and your device updated to LS670ZVD, it's time to install a custom ROM.
1) Download either ThundeROM, nROM or the Scott Pilgrim Awesomeness CM7 build. Lego ROM will also work, but has way too many variables to be officially supported by this guide.
2) Reboot to recovery mode by opening a Windows command prompt and executing:
adb reboot recovery
3) Using the Volume-up/Volume-down keys, select 'mounts and storage' and press the Menu key.
4) Using the Volume-up/Volume-down keys, select 'mount USB storage' and press the Menu key. A new removable disk drive will be added by Windows.
5) Take that ROM you downloaded earlier (along with all of the extra required ZIP files depending on the ROM) and copy all relevant ZIP files to your device.
- 04-12-2011, 01:57 AM #222
Is there any reason why when i flashed the recovery to xionia_cwma_12518.6 and rebooted it when to it just fine. then force flashed VD "phone came with VD installed" back to it i get the normal Recovery and it wont go past the sprint logo screen now .. iv tried reverting back to V9 even VC and it still wont boot into android... yes i read and followed all instructions carefully. i cant get the damned thing to boot..
If you can get it to boot into recovery but not Android, then there is likely something corrupted with your /system.
As to how it happened, anyone's guess. With any flashing, something unexpected can happen.
If you only have stock recovery, your only option is to try the unbrick thread
If you have custom recovery, you can try reinstalling custom ROMs and/or restoring nandroid backups.
- 04-12-2011, 03:13 PM #224
- 04-12-2011, 05:49 PM #225