Ota update

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Somehow my phone is asking me for the ZVC update while I already have it. I flashed Lego rom and this happened... well I read in some posts and I found people talking about OTA_stop_bugging.zip or something. Where can I get this so the Ota update will stop questioning me for no reason at all?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
OK, I think I know the answer but if you update to VC and upgrade to TR 1.7 and then flash stop buggin', will that keep you from getting future update nags? Based on research I've done I think the answer is yes but since the craziness this last update has caused I would think others would have the same question and concern. Thanks!

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I too was getting nagged for ZVC update tonight. It happened right after I installed 1.7. I remember that previously I was being nagged for MVC though so I don't know if this is something new that Sprint released, or what? Anyway, if you installed the stop nag fix (posted HERE) it will show you running 1.6.2 again, but the nag will be gone.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting a nag as I already updated via the LG Updater. I just want to make sure I don't get nagged for future updates. ;) Interesting you are getting a new nag though.

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting a nag as I already updated via the LG Updater. I just want to make sure I don't get nagged for future updates. ;) Interesting you are getting a new nag though.

Yeah, I updated via LG Updater as well, then installed ThundeROM 1.7 and within 10 minutes of rebooting, I was being nagged to update via OTA to ZVC. It's strange!?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I updated via LG Updater as well, then installed ThundeROM 1.7 and within 10 minutes of rebooting, I was being nagged to update via OTA to ZVC. It's strange!?

Weird...I have sw version zvc and baseband version mvc. Using TR 1.7.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Me too. Baseband version: LS670MVC_60401001 and SW Version: LS670ZVC.

Did you update to VC using Robchaos' method? Or some other method?

I used Robchaos method. Created NAND update, downloaded TR 1.7 and placed at root of SD, updated via LG Updater, then got dreaded LG logo. Removed battery, pushed the power, volume down and home buttons as hard as I could, got to custom recovery. Did the three clears then flashed TR 1.7. Have completely shut down phone several times with no problems powering back up. Haven't had any nags bit am considering going ahead and reflashing the stopbuggin because I'm thinking it would still work on future updates and keep me from doing something stupid. ;)

sclarktay4

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
OTA update is not going away. I downloaded the Stop Bugging zip. flahed from recovery. phone booted to the animation screen and got extremely slow then just froze. restared and tried to flash again. same happened. reflashed CM7 and phone booted back up. tried wipe of cache, dalvic cache and factory data. flashed stop bugging zip. still froze at boot animation. does anyone have any idea of what i need to do to get rid of this OTA update junk?

sclarktay4

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
OTA update is not going away. I downloaded the Stop Bugging zip. flahed from recovery. phone booted to the animation screen and got extremely slow then just froze. restared and tried to flash again. same happened. reflashed CM7 and phone booted back up. tried wipe of cache, dalvic cache and factory data. flashed stop bugging zip. still froze at boot animation. does anyone have any idea of what i need to do to get rid of this OTA update junk?

also, allowed the update to run so it could fail, as what i had read in another thread. once it tried to install, it gave an android error screen. had to reboot to recovery and then reboot again. phone rebooted and tried to get the OTA again. any assistance would be appreciated.

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net

If you are on CM7 you shouldn't get any of the prompts because the baseband is an recognized version...