Absolutely cannot update PRL (TR 1.7 and VC)...

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
PRL version: 60675 What is the newest?

Baseband version: LS670MVC_60401001

SW Version: LS670ZVC

My info is all the same. I updated my PRL two days ago. I just now attempted an update to test and after it checked I received a message that said that the PRL has been upgraded.

junkshow

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
How did you manage to get the Logo hang working? Is that as in, "I can now power down the phone and turn it back on with no issue" or "I can work around the issue to successfully boot the phone back up"?

I nandroided to v9 stock ROM and recovery, did a ##786# reset to fix my NVRAM, accepted the OTA VC update, force flashed back to v9, installed v9 recovery, KP500 updated to VC, rooted via recovery, had to do another #786#, as my NVRAM was borked again, installed CWMA .4, and all has been well since.

Yes, that is as in "I can now power down and turn back on with no issue." It was a brute, but so nice to have it fixed :)

DCJoe

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Two things:

1. Don't do ##786# if you are running LegoRom! I did this today and totally messed my phone up. It went through a crazy loop of failed processes, reboots, recovery boot loop, etc. Thankfully I am now an expert at force flashing so I was able to repair things by forcing V9 through KP500 and letting it do the hands free activation and PRL update. I thought LegoRom was safe because I was running CWM Xionia recovery. It is not.

2. junkshow, please post again to confirm that you are able to power down normally and power up without the phone getting stuck at the LG logo. Had you been stuck at the LG logo before when you tried to run VC? The reason I ask is because I went through the same steps as you and was not able to avoid the LG logo sticking problem. Can you move this discussion to the potential fix thread?:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...ularly-after-vc-update-possible-fix-es-7.html

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Two things:

1. Don't do ##786# if you are running LegoRom! I did this today and totally messed my phone up. It went through a crazy loop of failed processes, reboots, recovery boot loop, etc. Thankfully I am now an expert at force flashing so I was able to repair things by forcing V9 through KP500 and letting it do the hands free activation and PRL update. I thought LegoRom was safe because I was running CWM Xionia recovery. It is not.

Were you running either the stock recovery or the CWM recovery when you did this? As mentioned in the other thread, ##786# WILL NOT work properly if you are using the thunderc recovery. Other than that, there's no reason I don't think that Lego ROM shouldn't work. It's based on the LG firmware/software, so it should be fine.

DCJoe

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
CWM recovery. I still can't figure out what happened. It looks like clearing out the data somehow corrupted the application files, because everything was force closing (phone application, google framework, keyboard) while it attempted to run the setup wizard.

Thankfully the restoration process was pretty painless because I had a good nandroid backup.

oldblue137

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Works fine here on TR 1.7. PRL and Profile update fine now. Did not fix my power down issue though (rebooting normally or rebooting into recovery mode work fine as long as done though the Quickboot options or CM7 reboot options, so not a biggie).

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
From what has been posted before, the "Baseband" version is just a hard-coded string in the ROM. It isn't dynamically read from the radio to determine the version. Thus even if your baseband in the phone status says VC, it may or may not be VC, it just means your ROM was built off one that was bundled with VC.

Well, I updated to VC via the LG updater, so unless something got screwed up during the update, I'm not sure what to do? I updated using the instructions provided by Robchaos in his thread.

I dunno. Maybe I'll try it again...

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I updated to VC via the LG updater, so unless something got screwed up during the update, I'm not sure what to do? I updated using the instructions provided by Robchaos in his thread.

I dunno. Maybe I'll try it again...
If you updated to VC (and didn't revert later), then you have the VC radio.

junkshow

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
junkshow, please post again to confirm that you are able to power down normally and power up without the phone getting stuck at the LG logo. Had you been stuck at the LG logo before when you tried to run VC? The reason I ask is because I went through the same steps as you and was not able to avoid the LG logo sticking problem. Can you move this discussion to the potential fix thread?

Yes, cold boot works completely normally. Sorry the steps didn't work for you, I really thought accepting the OTA first might be the key. As requested, further discussion has been moved to the LG Logo Hang Fix Thread.

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
If you updated to VC (and didn't revert later), then you have the VC radio.

Yep. According to LG Update, I do have the VC radio and it won't let me update. Unless of course, I force it back to V9...

So, I wonder why I can't OTA update my PRL or profile then?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

pintopunk

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem but my phone hasn't been rooted yet I upgraded to vc using the lg updater and haven't had a chance to root yet gives me falure to authinticate dm server 48 try again later when trying to update profile, prl, or firmware coletly stock just did datelast.night is there way to backup and try rtn on my phone dont want to loose everything