[APP] ROMTools v2.3.1

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Please read entire post!

Capture-3.png

I really dislike typing out ADB commands. I'm sure some of you feel the same. This program combines some of the most common tasks we perform with ADB and automates them for you.

Where is Recovery Flasher?
All the features are built into this program. I have decided to expand this program's functionality.

Features Explained

Flash ROM - Place a ROM in the 'ROM' folder renamed rom.zip. Hit enter and the zip will get flashed to your phone automatically

Flash Recovery - Will help you flash a recovery to your phone. For the Optimus V users, it will help you install all the needed drivers as well as obtain root privileges. Optimus T, S, and One phones will be able to flash a recovery.

Wipe dalvik-cache - Self explanatory .

Mount /system r/w - Allows read/write access to /system

Push ROM to SD card - Self explanatory (pushes to root of sd)

Push framework-res.apk - Pushes framework-res.apk to /framework, wipes dalvik-cache, and reboots the phone for you.

Push bootanimation.zip - Will remove boot animation and replace with one of your choice. (removes from /data/local as well as /system/media)

Reboot - Reboot

Reboot into Recovery - Obv.

Recoveries
CWMA v1.2518.4 for V and S
drellisdee's Recovery for T and One (thread with DL link will open automatically. recovery not included)

Capture2.png

Recovery Instructions
- Download
- Unzip the folder somewhere (desktop is easy)
- Double click RecoveryFlasher.exe
- Choose 'flash recovery'
- Place your phone in debug mode >setting>applications>development>USB debugging
- Choose what you want to do
- Follow the prompts and hit "any" key when told
- Your phone will reboot into the recovery for you, and from there you can mount your sdcard and transfer a new ROM to flash. Or even easier, use the new "Flash ROM to phone" feature :)

You're responsible for your own actions Mr. Sister

Changelog

v2.3.1
- Complete overhaul
- All original features retained
- Can now flash ROM for you
- Wipe dalvik-cache option
- Push framework-res.apk added
- Push bootanimation.zip added
- Beta support for Optimus T recovery added
- Fixed Optimus One issue
- More code cleanup and stability improved
- Tons of other BS
- Download ROMTools v2.3.1 with Optimus V drivers
- Download ROMTools v2.3.1 without drivers

v1.3
- Beta support for Optimus One recovery added
- Useful tools added
---- Reboot
---- Reboot into recovery
---- Mount /system
---- Push ROM to SD Card (place ROM in the 'ROM' folder and it will be pushed to the root of your SD card)
- Code cleanup
- Lots of code rewritten
- File cleanup
- Stability improved
- New font color :)
- Progress bar added
- Drivers now optional
- Other junk I'm forgetting
- Download Recovery Flasher v1.3 (without V drivers)
- Download Recovery Flasher v1.3 (with V drivers)

v1.0
- Initial release
- Optimus V and S support
- Download Recovery Flasher v1.0

FAQ
Can I use this with a different recovery?
-Yes. Any recovery can be used for the supported devices.
-To use an alternate recovery for the V or S, rename the new recovery to vrecovery.img and replace the 'vrecovery.img' included with the new one.
-For the Optimus One, the recovery needs to be named grecovery.img.
I don't understand the version numbers. Why did some numbers get skipped?
-First digit represents a huge change. Second represents new features. Third represents a bug fix
-2.3.1 = Second huge update with 3 feature revisions and one bug fix

credits: Koush, Zefie, CLShortFuse
CWMA

SuperECS

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Question. Is it at all possible to make it so us users can put a stock recovery back on our devices to upgrade from time to time?

Thanks in advance :)

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Very very nice work thanks so much all who did it.... I admit I havnt even used it yet but I gotta get home to download it :-[

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Question. Is it at all possible to make it so us users can put a stock recovery back on our devices to upgrade from time to time?

Thanks in advance :)

Yep. Just put the stock recovery in the folder and rename it vrecovery.img and it will flash it.

Very very nice work thanks so much all who did it.... I admit I havnt even used it yet but I gotta get home to download it

I made it :p

cmillions

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Problem Please Help

Hi MMMark111 I have a problem. I used your recovery flasher it worked fine, but the problem is that I accidently had hit the boot-loader, and now every time I shut the power off, and turn it back on it goes into boot-loader and an automatically powers back on and an resets and erases every thing. like I flashed a new Rom and goes to the first time set up screen. I can no longer go into recovery because of this. Please could you help me? Thanks for your patients.

Last edited:

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi MMMark111 I have a problem. I used your recovery flasher it worked fine, but the problem is that I accidently had hit the boot-loader, and now every time I shut the power off, and turn it back on it goes into boot-loader and an automatically powers back on and an resets and erases every thing. like I flashed a new Rom and goes to the first time set up screen. Please could you help me? Thanks for your patients.

I'm not quite sure what you mean :confused:

cmillions

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
once in recovery you have a selection to use boot-loader, I accidently hit it and now every time I power the phone off and turn it back on, boot-loader runs real quick and then it resets (reboot) its self, like if I had flashed a new Rom and then I have to put in my gmail, apps and every thing else.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
once in recovery you have a selection to use boot-loader, I accidently hit it and now every time I power the phone off and turn it back on, boot-loader runs real quick and then it resets (reboot) its self, like if I had flashed a new Rom and then I have to put in my gmail, apps and every thing else.

My program doesn't have any options that have anything to do with the bootloader. Is this something you did on the phone and not your computer?

cmillions

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
when I turn power on LG logo then it say android system recovery do not pull out battery fromatting data... formatting cache...factory rest.... booting every time it does that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech