Don't know what to do :(

joakyno

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had been reading a lot of how to update the profile and PRL, which i tried to upgrade but it said that there is no update for that. It is weird because i have 60675. Well with my profile i tried a lot of times and always the same answer "Update cannot be complete". I'm really confused of how to repair, the dial thing ##768# and reset, according with what i read i cannot do it because of my custom recovery (drellisdee's custom recovery). I'm really concern about not upgrading my profile because lately my internet connection had been really slow.

Another thing that i want to ask is about the app "SetCPU". I had this for a while now, and i always was able to put my max speed around 800mhz now when i go to check my speed i only can up to 600mhz. I don't know if that is because i upgrade from V9 to VC using the LG update tool and changing from ThundeRom 1.6.2 to 1.7.

I hope i can find some help at least upgrading my profile and PRL, because the more i read the more confuse i am.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I had been reading a lot of how to update the profile and PRL, which i tried to upgrade but it said that there is no update for that. It is weird because i have 60675. Well with my profile i tried a lot of times and always the same answer "Update cannot be complete". I'm really confused of how to repair, the dial thing ##768# and reset, according with what i read i cannot do it because of my custom recovery (drellisdee's custom recovery). I'm really concern about not upgrading my profile because lately my internet connection had been really slow.

Another thing that i want to ask is about the app "SetCPU". I had this for a while now, and i always was able to put my max speed around 800mhz now when i go to check my speed i only can up to 600mhz. I don't know if that is because i upgrade from V9 to VC using the LG update tool and changing from ThundeRom 1.6.2 to 1.7.

I hope i can find some help at least upgrading my profile and PRL, because the more i read the more confuse i am.

I don't know about your PRL issue, but ThundeROM 1.7 does not come with an overclockable kernel, so that's why SetCPU can not go higher than 600. 1.6.2 did come with an overclockable kernel.

joakyno

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about your PRL issue, but ThundeROM 1.7 does not come with an overclockable kernel, so that's why SetCPU can not go higher than 600. 1.6.2 did come with an overclockable kernel.

What if i flash the overlockable kernel from my sd card? it will work?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm really concern about not upgrading my profile because lately my internet connection had been really slow.
Does your connection say 3g in the status bar or does it alternate (frequently) between 3g and 1x?

If the former, then it is more likely the problem is on Sprint side, but as always there are many factors, so cannot say for sure without more details. If the latter, then it is likely a problem Update Profile could fix.

joakyno

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does your connection say 3g in the status bar or does it alternate (frequently) between 3g and 1x?

If the former, then it is more likely the problem is on Sprint side, but as always there are many factors, so cannot say for sure without more details. If the latter, then it is likely a problem Update Profile could fix.

It is always 3g on and i hope it is Sprint problem.

Thank you all of you for the responses :)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
If he's running VC with TR 1.7, that will eat up a TON of memory. Shouldn't hurt anything otherwise, but not advisable.

Thanks for that important bit of information. I don't really run ROMS anymore with the exception of zefie's CM7 builds (which are flipping amazing), so I was not aware of that issue. I wonder what causes that...

joakyno

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So now that i have VC, which other ROMs can i use? Do i just need to put them in the root of the sdcard and the flash it? Also which other ROM are good besides ThundeROM?