Optized the Optimus S's speed to the fullest

Young_Bon

Banned
Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have tried the benchmark test from "Smartbench 2011" and my Optimus only averages at 590. Have any of you got a substantially higher number?

Also what should we do to our phones to Optimize the Optimus S's speed to the fullest?

Things I have phone to try to fulfill this fantasy:

-rooted
-custom recovery
-custom ROM/kernel that came with it
-over-clocked
- enabled JIT
and thats it, is there more?

Last edited:

Queueyou

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Stagefright is something you can do, it's like the JIT stuff, but some users have had issues with video and some programs not intended for android 2.2+

I highly suggest asking this (or moving it) to the hacking forum. Your profile says you are running Lego-ROM, so perhaps there is something in that forum post about it. I know there are some issues with it, but stability isn't one of them.

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
yes to get into the 950 1000 mark on say quadrant standard to need to install a build prop enabling jit, accelerated graphics, as well as stagefright seems to run fine on my phone have not had any issues related to stagefright but that is my phone! Highest so far with all apps on my phone was 1,198 in quadrant!

Reactions: Young_Bon

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If you enable stagefreight, benchmark scores will be high, but incorrect. There is a bug in quadrant that gives a high score in a video test when it can't complete the test, or something like that. Your scores are more accurate without bringing stagefright out to play.

Sent from my Gingerbreaded NookColor using Tapatalk...

Queueyou

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I have stagefright enabled, and he said he ran Smartbench 2011 and not quadrant (don't know if the issue with stagefright exists on it or not).

Either way, my score is 530 with the 748mhz clock.

(Edit: I don't feel like pushing my phone for the 806 he said he ran, but figure since he has setcpu, he can run it down to 748 and compare)

Young_Bon

Banned
Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have stagefright enabled, and he said he ran Smartbench 2011 and not quadrant (don't know if the issue with stagefright exists on it or not).

Either way, my score is 530 with the 748mhz clock.

(Edit: I don't feel like pushing my phone for the 806 he said he ran, but figure since he has setcpu, he can run it down to 748 and compare)

I set my cpu down to 748mhz to compare with yours, and I even used Quadrant for this comparison. The number I got was 567, I am happy with that because its faster than a nexus one. However I am going back up to 864mhz because I get zero lag on Angry Birds when I have it set this high.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87