Stock voicemail - Safe to remove? How?

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Here's my setup:
ZVC base w/TR1.7 and stock kernel. Rooted of course...

I do not use the stock voicemail app and was wondering if it can safely be removed? If so, how would I go about it?

Thanks in advance!

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I deleted it yesterday but heres the catch. U wont be able to recieve voicemails. when people try to send u one it will say: phone out of service or something. Thats wat it says to me XP. I probably screwed something up though

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You can use Titanium to remove it.

You can also delete the data from settings->applications, and manually remove the apk at /system/app/vtt-sprint.apk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I deleted it yesterday but heres the catch. U wont be able to recieve voicemails. when people try to send u one it will say: phone out of service or something. Thats wat it says to me XP. I probably screwed something up though
Usually people will call forward busy/noanswer to their google voice mail.

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Another catch - when pressing on the voicemail button on the dialer the dialer will crash - No big deal though..

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks for letting me know. I just got rid of it with Titanium. Exactly what I was looking for.

A couple of other quick questions if you guys don't mind?

Is there a list somewhere of "safe to delete" system apps? Like Google Voice, the stock alarm clock, analog clock, dual clock, etc. etc.? I use things that I've downloaded from the market to replace most of the stock stuff on my phone and it's basically just taking up space right now, I think.
Are the downloaded apps dependent on the stock apps? Or can I get rid of them?

Also, speaking of the voicemail button in the dialer - is there a way to "map" it to open something else? Like my 3rd party voicemail service?

Thanks again guys - you all rock! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan