Make your own boot animations

sclarktay4

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
you can make your own boot animations. for example, i wanted my boot animation to be my kid playing.
I use a video converter to convert my video file to .png. I unzipped the any boot animation file to a folder.
I deleted all the .png files in the part0 folder.
I did not modify the desc.txt file.
Then I copied the now converted .png files that were my video into part0 folder.
Finally, highlight both the part0 folder and desc.txt file and using winrar, select add to archive.
Select zip as the archive format, and the compression method needs to be store.
It will now create your bootanimation.zip file.
Copy bootanimation.zip into the
c:\android\tools folder (depending on what you name your android SDK folder) Now open command prompt,
cd android\tools and press enter
adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media
if that does not work try
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
adb reboot.
you should now have your own personal custom boot animation.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
So what's next sclar? Maybe start posting up some boot animations for everyone to play with? :) that would be a cool addition to this busy community we have here.

EDIT - if you did start putting up some animations create a new thread. This can be used to teach people how to make their own while the other can give them already made animations. Also, if you need any help making the animations into flashable zips just holler at me.

sclarktay4

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
So what's next sclar? Maybe start posting up some boot animations for everyone to play with? :) that would be a cool addition to this busy community we have here.

EDIT - if you did start putting up some animations create a new thread. This can be used to teach people how to make their own while the other can give them already made animations. Also, if you need any help making the animations into flashable zips just holler at me.

My boot animations are homevideo of my kids. I'm not posting stuff like that. I will go ahead and create some and start a new thread with step-by-step instructions as best i can.

jsm0377

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Sclarktay4, how many images did you include in your boot animation? You've got me thinking of doing the same thing now. :p

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My boot animations are homevideo of my kids. I'm not posting stuff like that. I will go ahead and create some and start a new thread with step-by-step instructions as best i can.

ha ha i wasnt suggesting you post images of your kids ... even if you did, if someone downloaded that, that would be a little creepy :confused:

What i was saying though is there are tons of boot animations around the web. If you were to ask the various authors of those animations if you could resize it and package it for our phone (like nick's themes), thats what i was getting at.

sclarktay4

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
ha ha i wasnt suggesting you post images of your kids ... even if you did, if someone downloaded that, that would be a little creepy :confused:

What i was saying though is there are tons of boot animations around the web. If you were to ask the various authors of those animations if you could resize it and package it for our phone (like nick's themes), thats what i was getting at.

LOL. gotcha. I am working on a Lebron James dunk boot animation. Well more like a boot movie. Here is an example of some boot animation for nexus 1. when you unzip the file. you get part0, part1 that are folders. part0 folder has the initial boot animation. part1 folder holds the images that play in a loop, like a pulsating ANDROID. the text file is the instructions
when you open the text file, the numbers at the top 320 160 20
320- height
120-width (or these might be backwards)
20 - frames
you can change the size and save it to fit your phone's display size.

Ranji

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering, is there any way to add sound to this? My fiance has a thing for 2 1/2 Men and wanted to add part of the theme for her.

sclarktay4

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
This is for the LG Optimus
i went back to factory settings

using root explorer
go to /system/sounds/poweron

here is the location for the boot audio
you can change it to whatever you want
delete the PowerOn.mp3 file
rename the mp3 file you want to use as PowerOn.mp3
paste it into the /system/sounds/poweron
that is it.
Warning.... edit the mp3 file to be short or it will just play until the song is over

Reactions: pcubed

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Having sound to go with the boot animation is icing on the cake! Thanks for the info, sclarktay4! I need to start playing with custom animations now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles