Do I give VC another try?

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My only choice to go VC is with LG updater since ota says no update for me. It crashed out on recovery. It said there was no file to flash. I don't want the LG logo hang again. If it does I'll have to call sprint again.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My only choice to go VC is with LG updater since ota says no update for me. It crashed out on recovery. It said there was no file to flash. I don't want the LG logo hang again. If it does I'll have to call sprint again.

How many times do you cold restart your phone? I'm just wondering if the whole LG logo thing bugs people simply because they know it's there, not because it actually impacts them.

I had to physically shut my phone off with the sole purpose of seeing if i had this problem after i saw people posting about it. I tested 2 or 3 times, had no problem, haven't cold booted my phone since.

Granted it's not ideal, but i'm genuinely curious how big of an impact this has on people? Also, from what i understand the issue only impacts on cold reboot, not reboot into recovery (to flash something), or reboot our of recovery (after flashing something), if i'm mistaken let me know.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
How many times do you cold restart your phone? I'm just wondering if the whole LG logo thing bugs people simply because they know it's there, not because it actually impacts them.

I had to physically shut my phone off with the sole purpose of seeing if i had this problem after i saw people posting about it. I tested 2 or 3 times, had no problem, haven't cold booted my phone since.

Granted it's not ideal, but i'm genuinely curious how big of an impact this has on people? Also, from what i understand the issue only impacts on cold reboot, not reboot into recovery (to flash something), or reboot our of recovery (after flashing something), if i'm mistaken let me know.

I personally am bothered just because I know it is there...I don't like the unknown, and so far as I can tell, the cause of this bug is unknown. However, there is a real impact to this bug. In two weeks I'm going on a business trip that will involve extensive air travel. Because of this bug, I plan on putting my phone in airplane mode instead of turning it off. The alternative is to remember to put my charger in my carry-on and then make my boss's boss wait for me when we deplane while I plug in and do the whole remove-battery/plug-in/unplug/plug-in/get battery-warning/insert-battery/finally-boot-up procedure. Once we get to our destination, I have 8 hours of meetings and then probably some sort of dinner and drinks afterwards. I'm looking at 14 hours between charges. I'm assuming my phone can handle that, but I'd love to be able to turn it off without risking losing my phone for the entire trip.

Anyway, you are right that it's both not ideal and not that big of a deal, and it certainly is not enough of a problem for me to go back to ThundeROM 1.6.2 on v9, but I'd love to figure out a fix for it.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I personally am bothered just because I know it is there...I don't like the unknown, and so far as I can tell, the cause of this bug is unknown. However, there is a real impact to this bug. In two weeks I'm going on a business trip that will involve extensive air travel. Because of this bug, I plan on putting my phone in airplane mode instead of turning it off. The alternative is to remember to put my charger in my carry-on and then make my boss's boss wait for me when we deplane while I plug in and do the whole remove-battery/plug-in/unplug/plug-in/get battery-warning/insert-battery/finally-boot-up procedure. Once we get to our destination, I have 8 hours of meetings and then probably some sort of dinner and drinks afterwards. I'm looking at 14 hours between charges. I'm assuming my phone can handle that, but I'd love to be able to turn it off without risking losing my phone for the entire trip.

Anyway, you are right that it's both not ideal and not that big of a deal, and it certainly is not enough of a problem for me to go back to ThundeROM 1.6.2 on v9, but I'd love to figure out a fix for it.

Yeah no doubt, i wasn't trying to down play it just hoping to put it into perspective. In your case with all the travel and stuff i can certainly see how that would be a PITA but for most people who live and die by their phone, they never let it go dead so would never really have an issue.

Also, 8 hours of meetings?!?! Wow, I cringe when i see a 2 hour meeting hit my calendar, 8 hours would be terrible! You better have a 5 hour energy with you.

kenny70452

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
The LG logo thing mainly bothers me because I know it's there not because it is a big issue. Someone will figure it out sooner or later.

ccrs8 madri gras is over, the spring breakers are gone, time for some green beer in the quarters! Laissez les bon temps roulez!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ccrs8 madri gras is over, the spring breakers are gone

I don't know about all that French going on, but what i quoted above is EXACTLY what i thought when he said when he was going to the N.O. .... Why? You missed all the good stuff! ha ha. When i lived in Tampa it was awesome during Spring break but we made a few road trips to N.O. for Mardi Gras!!!!! Dollar store in N.O. + $5 = awesome! ;)

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The only way I could past the hang was to leave battery out for 10-15 minutes, then I could get into recovery. I spent over an hour trying to get into recovery the other night. That is a BIG DEAL.

Jaeli

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm just wondering if the whole LG logo thing bugs people simply because they know it's there, not because it actually impacts them.

It bothers me because it's there AND because it impacts me. I don't have internet so my only option is turning my phone into a hot spot. My phone likes to overheat a lot when I do that so I usually have it face down with the back cover off... not the best idea when you have a cat.. every so often he drags it onto the floor and the battery pops out and before you know it, I can't get past the LG screen.

The only way I could past the hang was to leave battery out for 10-15 minutes, then I could get into recovery. I spent over an hour trying to get into recovery the other night. That is a BIG DEAL.

I have that problem too. it gets ridiculous after a while... however, i found a sure-fire method to avoid all that b.s. here. So far it's worked for me every time.

Jaeli

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
oh yikes. Did you give it a few seconds? I didn't think it was going to work the first time either.

It was like I got too excited over the "battery required" screen because I panicked when it stayed on the LG screen a few seconds too long for my liking before showing the charge animation

The last time I actually bricked all I had to do to fix it was force-flash to V9 with KP500. None of the other unbricking/hang guides were working. It beats having to lie to sprint to get a replacement.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So no more push-of-a-button hotspot? Oh that sucks. I'm yet to find a tethering app that works

Sent from my LG Optimus S using Tapatalk

Wifi tether for root users works if you are rooted and have a kernel that works with it. ThundeROM 1.8 meets both of these requirements, and has wifi tether working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer