SW Version LS670ZVD?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So who does this affect? Only those with stock phones? I have Xionia recovery and NRom.:confused:

You probably should NOT apply an official update over a custom ROM (such as nROM, ThundeROM, LEGO ROM, or Zefie's CM7 build), but I do know for certain that the LG tool won't touch a custom recovery (probably because install-recovery.sh got deleted).

I should also mention that ThundeROM 1.7 (and probably all the other VC-based ROMs) work just fine when flashed over ZVD. Full 3G service and no hands-free activation nonsense.

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Please, PLEASE let this fix the LG Logo hang!! Fingers crossed :)

I updated to version VD Froyo 2.2.2 via LG updater tool and I'm happy to say that my Optimus S booted up just fine and seemed to do so a little snappier.

I had tried everything to boot up past the LG logo screen normally with out having to go the recovery reboot route even going back to V8 from VC and updating back to VC. Rooting, unrooting blah blah blah

Since updating to VD Froyo 2.2.2 a while ago I have rebooted 5 times and each time that annoying Sprint chime and logo appear as does a smile since that means no more LG logo screen lock ups. Well so far.

I wonder if it was a fix for that issue and if so what other updates it brought to our little phones.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I updated to version VD Froyo 2.2.2 via LG updater tool and I'm happy to say that my Optimus S booted up just fine and seemed to do so a little snappier.

I had tried everything to boot up past the LG logo screen normally with out having to go the recovery reboot route even going back to V8 from VC and updating back to VC. Rooting, unrooting blah blah blah

Since updating to VD Froyo 2.2.2 a while ago I have rebooted 5 times and each time that annoying Sprint chime and logo appear as does a smile since that means no more LG logo screen lock ups. Well so far.

I wonder if it was a fix for that issue and if so what other updates it brought to our little phones.

You running stock otherwise? I'm wondering if it will be a similar situation where we can (with the CWM recovery installed) update to VD with the Update Tool, then boot into recovery and just reflash TR 1.7 over top and reboot? If that's all it will take to get the LG Logo hang fixed, I'll be ecstatic.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
It's ridiculously easy if you're already rooted on VC or V9.

Yeah, after all I've tried to get the boot hang fixed, this certainly looks like nothing at all. That said, just want to make sure of the exact order if I'm already running TR 1.7:

1) Already running TR 1.7 and CWM, make nandroid backup to be safe
2) Do your guide
3) Can I flash TR 1.7 back on while still in the recovery (prior to your last step to reboot)? I assume that if I don't do that, I'll be booting back into the stock ROM on the first reboot. Is there any NEED to do that? If so, I'm guessing you can then just immediately boot back into recovery and flash TR 1.7 back after that?

Thanks.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, after all I've tried to get the boot hang fixed, this certainly looks like nothing at all. That said, just want to make sure of the exact order if I'm already running TR 1.7:

1) Already running TR 1.7 and CWM, make nandroid backup to be safe
2) Do your guide
3) Can I flash TR 1.7 back on while still in the recovery (prior to your last step to reboot)? I assume that if I don't do that, I'll be booting back into the stock ROM on the first reboot. Is there any NEED to do that? If so, I'm guessing you can then just immediately boot back into recovery and flash TR 1.7 back after that?

Thanks.

Theoretically, yes. I am updating currently, and will report back success or failure concerning this.

EDIT -- Yes, I flashed ThundeROM, used the tool to update, reboot into recovery, wiped and restored to a nandroid of before. I then flashed back the thunderc recovery and restored back to my CM7 image that I had running before.

Last edited:

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I hope VD does not induce the LG logo hang bug that VC had for some users.

Some people seem to be reporting that they can shut completely off and the phone will come back up without the hang. Not sure though, and I haven't updated myself yet. I'm going to wait a day or two to allow the devs here some time to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool