Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default SW Version LS670ZVD?

I just downgraded to to V9 and then was planning to upgrade to VC through the LG updater tool so that I could re-root and install Lego V2. But was caught by surprise when I couldn't re-root. I looked at the software version to make sure I was on VC with the VC radio, but Lo and Behold, I saw that I'm now on VD? Anyone else ran into this? I'm wondering if this is because there were so many issues with updating to VC and the cold boot issues?

Anyone have any insight? Or know how to root VD? I'm in the middle of trying to use the V9 root, but gotta run to dinner. I'll report back if it works.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by 808rides View Post
    I just downgraded to to V9 and then was planning to upgrade to VC through the LG updater tool so that I could re-root and install Lego V2. But was caught by surprise when I couldn't re-root. I looked at the software version to make sure I was on VC with the VC radio, but Lo and Behold, I saw that I'm now on VD? Anyone else ran into this? I'm wondering if this is because there were so many issues with updating to VC and the cold boot issues?

Anyone have any insight? Or know how to root VD? I'm in the middle of trying to use the V9 root, but gotta run to dinner. I'll report back if it works.
    ?!?!?!?!?!? Screen shot please.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    ?!?!?!?!?!? Screen shot please.
    He's right. Fire up the LG update tool and you'll see there's an update waiting for you.

This can't be good. Going to see if it can be rooted. Lucky for force flashing with KP500 if it isn't root-able.

awwwwww [explitive] .......
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Tried rooting using VC and V9 methods, but neither works. If I didn't need my phone in the next hour, I'd try to cold boot and see if it at least fixes the LG hang problem that I used to have on VC. Gimme a couple of hours and I'll try cold booting and report back.

Even tried a combination of using V9 and VC, but it still doesn't work. Tried using the update.zip with the files in /data/local/tmp and chmodding the rageagainstthecage, but it just hung and I couldn't get back to the shell without warm booting.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

awwwwww [explitive] .......
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by 808rides View Post
    Tried rooting using VC and V9 methods, but neither works. If I didn't need my phone in the next hour, I'd try to cold boot and see if it at least fixes the LG hang problem that I used to have on VC. Gimme a couple of hours and I'll try cold booting and report back.

Even tried a combination of using V9 and VC, but it still doesn't work. Tried using the update.zip with the files in /data/local/tmp and chmodding the rageagainstthecage, but it just hung and I couldn't get back to the shell without warm booting.
    I'm having a thought here about rooting this piece of [expletive]. Give me a few and I'll report back.

EDIT: This is interesting. My Scott Pilgrim boot animation is still there and rockin'.

EDIT 2: First boot after updating took FOREVER.

EDIT 3: Android version is now 2.2.2
    Last edited by drewwalton19216801; 03-09-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    Thanked by:

Here i am, all out of beer, about to go to bed, then this happens?? Really?? 9am tomorrow doesn't work for you LG/Sprint? We'll all act like this never happened and pick back up tomorrow and i PROMISE we'll all act surprised.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Well there's some good news, it doesn't hang on a cold boot like it used to. In fact it seems to boot super quick now. Couldn't wait til after dinner to try it ;-) figured screw it, I could use my work phone tonite if necessary.

EDIT* What Drew said, first boot took forever. But my cold boot after that was super fast. Ah hell, I'm just happy it was actually able to cold boot. The only time I could was on V8, V9 and OTA VC. LG updated VC or KP500 updated VC would always result in a LG hang on cold boot.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Here i am, all out of beer, about to go to bed, then this happens?? Really?? 9am tomorrow doesn't work for you LG/Sprint? We'll all act like this never happened and pick back up tomorrow and i PROMISE we'll all act surprised.
    Haha, guess I gotta buy you more beer if you figure out how to root VD or redo Lego V3 ;-)

Just kidding, thanks for all the hard work. All of you!

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post

EDIT 3: Android version is now 2.2.2
    still rooted?

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

still rooted?
    Yes sir! The trick is to update using the LG tool but YOU HAVE TO HAVE ZEFIE'S XIONIA CLOCKWORK RECOVERY INSTALLED FIRST!!!

I was able to reboot recovery, copy su/busybox/Superuser.apk to /system, and chmod 4755 su/busybox.

TAKE THAT LG!!!
    Last edited by drewwalton19216801; 03-09-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Yes sir! The trick is to update using the LG tool but YOU HAVE TO HAVE ZEFIE'S XIONIA CLOCKWORK RECOVERY INSTALLED!!!

I was able to reboot recovery, copy su/busybox/Superuser.apk to /system, and chmod 4755 su/busybox.

TAKE THAT LG!!!
    hahaha guess what you get to do!!!! If you guessed a root writeup ... BINGO! (please?)

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

hahaha guess what you get to do!!!! If you guessed a root writeup ... BINGO! (please?)
    I'll get right on it

I'll get right on it
    Hey wait a minute .... dude can you flash ThundeROM 1.7 on your phone please. Just want to check something.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Hey wait a minute .... dude can you flash ThundeROM 1.7 on your phone please. Just want to check something.
    OK let me make a nandroid backup first. What information do you need?

OK let me make a nandroid backup first. What information do you need?
    just want to see if it flashes ... i am gonna take a stab that they didn't change the radio. Also would be curious to see what your baseband shows in the about phone screen after flashing, wondering if it shows VC or VD

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

just want to see if it flashes ... i am gonna take a stab that they didn't change the radio. Also would be curious to see what your baseband shows in the about phone screen after flashing.
    I was actually wondering about that myself.

ThundeROM 1.7 is downloading currently. I'll update this post when I flash it.

ROM
    Drew's CM7

It doesn't appear to be pushed OTA yet. My wife's phone is stock, she is still on VC and there is no update available.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by psaurus81 View Post
    It doesn't appear to be pushed OTA yet. My wife's phone is stock, she is still on VC and there is no update available.
    They'll push it soon enough. I'm working on a rooting guide so hold out a bit longer before updating.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Drew's CM7

They'll push it soon enough. I'm working on a rooting guide so hold out a bit longer before updating.
    Thank you. I wish I knew more so I could contribute. You guys are awesome.

ROM
    gROM 2.2 modded

Can't wait for this... Probably won't flash until I know I won't brick my phone though

So who does this affect? Only those with stock phones? I have Xionia recovery and NRom.

Please, PLEASE let this fix the LG Logo hang!! Fingers crossed

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by NicksOptimus View Post
    So who does this affect? Only those with stock phones? I have Xionia recovery and NRom.
    You probably should NOT apply an official update over a custom ROM (such as nROM, ThundeROM, LEGO ROM, or Zefie's CM7 build), but I do know for certain that the LG tool won't touch a custom recovery (probably because install-recovery.sh got deleted).

I should also mention that ThundeROM 1.7 (and probably all the other VC-based ROMs) work just fine when flashed over ZVD. Full 3G service and no hands-free activation nonsense.

ROM
    gROM 2.2 modded

What was the baseband and SW version after you updated to VD?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast