Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: [How-To] Simplified UNROOT and return to STOCK

Thanks!!! I was wondering if I could flash Xonia over COT and take the shortcut method. I'll try that the next time that I can get ahold of my daughter's phone. (And yes, she's still on ZVJ, HydroROM, COTv1.2.)

Maybe you guys can help me out here, I was stuck in a recovery bootloop, so flashed Xionia CWMA Recovery and now it reboots to formatting data, cache and then says rebooting, then it boots to my ROM and it works. But, I have no recovery, I was trying to put it back to stock and have no way of doing so. Is there a way to Odin back to stock or some other way to get stock recovery to flash? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Where are you now? Still on ZVJ rooted with cot v1.2? If so, try flashing this and booting to android and back to recovery.

That should flash xionia in place over your cot recovery. Now you are set to do the shortcut method!
    Thanks!!! I flashed Xonia and reverted back to stock ZVD. Then up to Reborn. Then up to ZVJ. Then up to DanteROM. (Very nice ROM.) Unfortunately, none of tha fixed my daughter's phone's intermittent SD-card reading errors. I'm fairly convinced it's a phone-hardware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Spinister View Post
    Maybe you guys can help me out here, I was stuck in a recovery bootloop, so flashed Xionia CWMA Recovery and now it reboots to formatting data, cache and then says rebooting, then it boots to my ROM and it works. But, I have no recovery, I was trying to put it back to stock and have no way of doing so. Is there a way to Odin back to stock or some other way to get stock recovery to flash? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
    I'm no expert, but perhaps you could use the program "Optiauto-sfx.exe" which you'll find linked HERE to restore your phone. I think "Odin" is a Samsung utility for Samsung phones.

Quote Originally Posted by RazzMaTazz View Post
    I'm no expert, but perhaps you could use the program "Optiauto-sfx.exe" which you'll find linked HERE to restore your phone. I think "Odin" is a Samsung utility for Samsung phones.

Yea I actually stumbled across that a couple days ago. It actually worked, but not immediately. I messed with it and several recoveries, I think I finally ended up with Cannibal Open Touch. Everything else even though it said it flashed, it ended up doing the same thing. But it works like a charm now. Running JB and got it up for sale!

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I ended up stuck at the android logo.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith7 View Post
    I ended up stuck at the android logo.
    Boot to recovery, perform a factory reset and the try booting up again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the save..Can u possibly come up with something similiar for the htc evo 3d?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by christopherwoods3 View Post
    Thanks for the save..Can u possibly come up with something similiar for the htc evo 3d?
    On the evo you just run a ruu only thing it won't do is s-on but that's just one fastboot command

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I know this thread is old but I I need some help. I just got rid of my optimus and gave it to a friend. He wanted it rooted, and I was running ZVJ so I downgraded to ZVD rooted and installed Reborn Rom. It was pretty good. But always wanting better, we rooted back to ZVJ and installed GingerMod. Its meh. He prefers Reborn Mod. So How do I unroot this ZVJ back to ZVD and reinstall Reborn Rom ??

Also I am not sure if I have a stock recovery. I made a nandroid backup before I installed anything. But how do I check to see if ts a stock recovery?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678