[How-To] Simplified UNROOT and return to STOCK

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
not working i do this all the time! whats the matter with me :'(
i did everything it said im running grom and using the drews clockwork mod recovery
not sure if battery effects it but im at 15% battery
whenever im done typing in terminal i push reboot recovery and it boots into custom recovery soooooooo fustrating!!!!!!!!!!
please help please i subscribed cause this works everytime i downgrade and now it not working so now im so fustrated it may be battery life but im not sure i will test again for the 22nd time but no joke i have actually tried 22 times no joke!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
didnt work it says no space left on phone! i have friken 6 gigabytes on sd and 100 mb on phone itself and it says what i said a couple seconds ago i will try from hydro rom maybe it will work on there it worked last time im so bloody fustrated

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Take a deep breath, I know you do NOT want to flash any thing with a battery that low (want to know what will happen if your battery dies halfway thru the flash process? I dont LOL). I have had a similar issue before and just switched to a different nand and was able to go from there.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
didnt work it says no space left on phone! i have friken 6 gigabytes on sd and 100 mb on phone itself and it says what i said a couple seconds ago i will try from hydro rom maybe it will work on there it worked last time im so bloody fustrated
It is possible that there is some error in the recovery partition's flash memory. Flash memory can get bad sectors to.

If you are currently running Xionia, have you tried installing the ZVD update.zip twice? The first should install ZVD (but not modem and not recovery), after rebooting, custom recovery should be replaced with stock recovery, so the 2nd install of ZVD should install the modem.

Chi08

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
OMG..Thanks so much! I thought I was going to miss out on such a great phone, but you made it so easy. I couldn't possibly thank you enough. Yay. Thanks for this great and easy tutorial..or whatever its called. I'm so glad I didn't throw my phone away! If I could kiss you, I definitely would. :) Thanks again!

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OMG..Thanks so much! I thought I was going to miss out on such a great phone, but you made it so easy. I couldn't possibly thank you enough. Yay. Thanks for this great and easy tutorial..or whatever its called. I'm so glad I didn't throw my phone away! If I could kiss you, I definitely would. :) Thanks again!
Glad it helped.

rppalmer

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to remove the custom recovery (RA-2.2.1), unroot, and return the phone to stock on my LG Optimus S. The phone OS is stock version ZVD, but I need to get rid of custom recovery. I'm hesitant to follow the instructions exactly because it says to run the ZVD update and I already have it. How should I proceed? Should I skip step #3 or apply the update anyways.

Thanks!

KLRKttn

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I get stuck on ADB Shell. I get error...

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -
check_LGE_official: fopen(/sdcard/ally_security) error

I run adb devices and it shows up as...

A10000193DB202 Recovery

My brain is pretty much gone at this point.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I get stuck on ADB Shell. I get error...

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -
check_LGE_official: fopen(/sdcard/ally_security) error

I run adb devices and it shows up as...

A10000193DB202 Recovery

My brain is pretty much gone at this point.
Do you already have Stock Recovery? If so, skip that step.

That step is supposed to be done while booted into Android, not Recovery. It sounds like you might have stock recovery already though.

Last edited:

fankhanelraul

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I have xionia and am stuck at the android logo.. I guess I will take out the battery and load back into recovery..
But is it really necessary to get rid of all my data? I think I will just backup my most recent NAND cuz I don't want to lose all my data.

This was on the first try at the install:update

It already got rid of xionia so i guess I should wipe data/factory reset??? since now I have no backups.. PLEASE HELP

Ok i went ahead and tried wiping data... reboot now?

Booted into android.. starting to feel really stupid now.

Rebooting back into recovery and applying update for the second time. I wasn't sure before whether I'd be doing this from xionia or stock but now I know. Last thing I saw was writing radio image before I rebooted so I guess I did it right XD

thanks for listening to me rant!

Last edited:

aamccarty

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm terribly new at this.

My brother helped me root my LG Optimus S so I'm not even certain how to use "adb shell" or "terminal." I'm fairly certain I have a "Stock Recovery" since my phone will only boot to ClockworkMod Recover v3.2.0.1 and from all the reading I've done I think that qualifies as a stock recovery.

I've never flashed a rom, or done anything remotely fancy with my phone since rooting. In an effort to reduce bloatware and open up space I tried a factory reset. Bad idea.

I was running ZVH software and continually getting a "software update" notice on my phone. I'm guessing this is for ZVJ but I could find no way to get there.

Anyhow, I've tried to follow these steps for about 6 hours. I'm stuck on step 3. I can run the update.zip but the lines read:

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.1
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
(Here it hangs for roughly one minute, then adds:)
Install from sdcard complete.

I cannot seem to get it to proceed to "write the radio,boot android, or recreate davlik cache"

I'm at my wits end and desperately need help. I can't do my job without my phone. Please be kind and thorough since this post is not for lack of effort.

Thank you in advance.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm terribly new at this.

My brother helped me root my LG Optimus S so I'm not even certain how to use "adb shell" or "terminal." I'm fairly certain I have a "Stock Recovery" since my phone will only boot to ClockworkMod Recover v3.2.0.1 and from all the reading I've done I think that qualifies as a stock recovery.

I've never flashed a rom, or done anything remotely fancy with my phone since rooting. In an effort to reduce bloatware and open up space I tried a factory reset. Bad idea.

I was running ZVH software and continually getting a "software update" notice on my phone. I'm guessing this is for ZVJ but I could find no way to get there.

Anyhow, I've tried to follow these steps for about 6 hours. I'm stuck on step 3. I can run the update.zip but the lines read:

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.1
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
(Here it hangs for roughly one minute, then adds:)
Install from sdcard complete.

I cannot seem to get it to proceed to "write the radio,boot android, or recreate davlik cache"

I'm at my wits end and desperately need help. I can't do my job without my phone. Please be kind and thorough since this post is not for lack of effort.

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like xionia or armor ra or possibly the rom manager recovery. Before u flash u need to make a backup if your doing update use stock recovery provided and run update manually.

Sent from futuristic optimus s

aamccarty

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like xionia or armor ra or possibly the rom manager recovery. Before u flash u need to make a backup if your doing update use stock recovery provided and run update manually.

Sent from futuristic optimus s

Thank you for your speedy response. I've been attempting this stock recovery but I can't get past step 3 since if I install the update and then press the menu all I see is the android symbol with the box and no words populate.

I do have pretty thorough back-ups of all data and contacts and apps through titanium but I can't seem to get to any actual interface. It's like the system bios of a computer but there seems to be no operating system.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you running a custom rom? In your recovery, how many options do you have. Stock has 4 options. You MUST be on stock recovery to run an update.zip like that.

aamccarty

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you running a custom rom? In your recovery, how many options do you have. Stock has 4 options. You MUST be on stock recovery to run an update.zip like that.

I have 9 options to select.

I must not be on stock recovery. It seems stuck on this clockwordmod recovery even when I reboot and try the [hom]+[voldown]+[power] button combinations. How can I get into stock recovery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair