[How-To] Simplified UNROOT and return to STOCK

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I have 9 options to select.

I must not be on stock recovery. It seems stuck on this clockwordmod recovery even when I reboot and try the [hom]+[voldown]+[power] button combinations. How can I get into stock recovery?

Boot into android, and either manually install stock recovery or use on of the automated tools like the one in the stickies. On my phone now or I would track down the links for you.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

aamccarty

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Boot into android, and either manually install stock recovery or use on of the automated tools like the one in the stickies. On my phone now or I would track down the links for you.

I don't seem to be ABLE to boot into android. It only ever boots to the same recovery screen with 9 options.

I've now gotten adb shell to run some but am still getting the issue when typing "su" I get "/sbin/sh: su: not found"

This led me to try to install the zip of superuser directly onto the sdroot and then using the recovery I "install zip from sdcard" which seemed to successfully install the su but I continue to get problems when following the instructions for adb shell.

Is there some way to boot into android?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't seem to be ABLE to boot into android. It only ever boots to the same recovery screen with 9 options.

I've now gotten adb shell to run some but am still getting the issue when typing "su" I get "/sbin/sh: su: not found"

This led me to try to install the zip of superuser directly onto the sdroot and then using the recovery I "install zip from sdcard" which seemed to successfully install the su but I continue to get problems when following the instructions for adb shell.

Is there some way to boot into android?

That is because adb is not much use in recovery. You could try a factory reset from recovery and wipe cache/dalvik cache and then reboot. There are instances where this will allow booting into recovery.

Waiting4MyAndroid

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I just reverted to stock from Xionia CWMA recovery and HydroRom and it worked perfectly! I used ADB shell method with no errors. (Followed instructions to a T). After the reboot on step 3 I got a lot of Force Close Errors, but after the wipe in step 4 everything worked. I even got the OTA for ZVJ, which I allowed.

Many Thanks and thumbs up to sfhub.

Jude.

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
After i unzip recovery.zip to i delete the zip folder of it?

Unzip and place the "000root" folder on the root of the sdcard (not in any folder). After that you can leave or delete the recovery.zip file as you choose. I normally leave all files in place until I am certain the task is done.

kofasetic

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the COT (Cannibal Open Touch) recovery with the Oxygen 3.0 ROM and I am trying to get the phone to stock so it can be activated again. Previous attempt from Sprint to reactivate didn't work.
How does one change to a different recovery? Is it necessary? Can I return to stock with what the phone presently has?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
You just need to be on a stock rom, so if you made a nandroid backup prior to installing a custom rom you can use that to restore and activate.

kofasetic

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
You just need to be on a stock rom, so if you made a nandroid backup prior to installing a custom rom you can use that to restore and activate.
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately I do not have a backup. Going through some of the threads on unrooting has me a bit confused as to what is needed to make this happen. I downloaded the stock recovery and update.zip
In the initial post of this thread, sfhub directed the process but I get an error when I try to run the update.zip but I have the COT recovery and not the Xionia. Even disabling the verification doesn't work when I apply the update.zip.
I'll try again and report any problems.
Thanks again

kofasetic

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Alright.
Got the phone back to stock. Sometimes when you think you've done whats been asked, you assume there must be another way BUT going back and following through on each step (which isn't much), you find that the instructions are correct as is.
So thanks!!!

tylerceja10

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
i just bricked my lg optimus s and im on clockwordmod recovery v3.2.0.1 any help i downloaded and unziped the recovery file but how do i get stock recovery??

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to revert my daughter's (ZVJ) HydroROM phone (with COT v1.2 recovery).
I don't know if COTv1.2 can directly flash the ZVD update.zip (like CWMA can). Can it???

So I tried to do it through terminal emulator....
I unzipped "recovery.zip" folder and loaded the "000root" folder onto the top level of the SD card.
I openened "Terminal Emulator". I typed "su" and got "$" prompt. (Fine). I changed directory. (Fine.)
But when I tried to install vd.sh I got the following response:
Installing stock VD recovery... mount: Operation not permitted
install-vd.sh: line 11: /system/bin/flash_image: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/flash_image: No such file mount: Operation not permitted
install-vd.sh: line 16: flash_image: command not found Done
.​

I tried it twice and I'm sure I typed the command right both times. If I do an "ls" command I can see that "flash_image" is in the directory.

Help?

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!!! I was wondering if I could flash Xonia over COT and take the shortcut method. I'll try that the next time that I can get ahold of my daughter's phone. (And yes, she's still on ZVJ, HydroROM, COTv1.2.)

DJ Spinister

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you guys can help me out here, I was stuck in a recovery bootloop, so flashed Xionia CWMA Recovery and now it reboots to formatting data, cache and then says rebooting, then it boots to my ROM and it works. But, I have no recovery, I was trying to put it back to stock and have no way of doing so. Is there a way to Odin back to stock or some other way to get stock recovery to flash? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Where are you now? Still on ZVJ rooted with cot v1.2? If so, try flashing this and booting to android and back to recovery.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oyb9nhpt4mlhcku/Xionia_CWMA_12518.6_flashable.unsigned.zip

That should flash xionia in place over your cot recovery. Now you are set to do the shortcut method!
Thanks!!! I flashed Xonia and reverted back to stock ZVD. Then up to Reborn. Then up to ZVJ. Then up to DanteROM. (Very nice ROM.) Unfortunately, none of tha fixed my daughter's phone's intermittent SD-card reading errors. I'm fairly convinced it's a phone-hardware issue.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you guys can help me out here, I was stuck in a recovery bootloop, so flashed Xionia CWMA Recovery and now it reboots to formatting data, cache and then says rebooting, then it boots to my ROM and it works. But, I have no recovery, I was trying to put it back to stock and have no way of doing so. Is there a way to Odin back to stock or some other way to get stock recovery to flash? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
I'm no expert, but perhaps you could use the program "Optiauto-sfx.exe" which you'll find linked HERE to restore your phone. I think "Odin" is a Samsung utility for Samsung phones.

DJ Spinister

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert, but perhaps you could use the program "Optiauto-sfx.exe" which you'll find linked HERE to restore your phone. I think "Odin" is a Samsung utility for Samsung phones.

Yea I actually stumbled across that a couple days ago. It actually worked, but not immediately. I messed with it and several recoveries, I think I finally ended up with Cannibal Open Touch. Everything else even though it said it flashed, it ended up doing the same thing. But it works like a charm now. Running JB and got it up for sale!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc