[Super App] LG Optimus Control Center 2.0.000 beta4 (4/22/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
LG Optimus S Control Center 2.0.000 beta3-fixed

[INFO]This thread is now closed pending completion of the redesigned and rebuilt OSCC for Windows. Download link will be kept for nostalgic purposes only, and is not recommended for use by people who are new to Android modification. Thanks for your understanding.[/INFO]
[WARN]This is a beta build, so you need to be able to recover your device in case anything happens. If you are a "noob" you should not use this build! You were warned![/WARN]
[INFO]Copyright Information:

88x31.png

LG Optimus S Control Center by Drew Walton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.​

Binary Distribution rules:
You may freely distribute the LG Optimus S Control Center as long as you abide by these simple rules.

1) You may not modify the LG Optimus S Control Center in any way.
2) You may not use the LG Optimus S Control Center for a commercial purpose whether or not any profit is gained.
3) You must attribute your distribution of LG Optimus S Control Center by specifying clearly that LG Optimus S Control Center was designed and built by Drew Walton. You must also include a link to the Team Androphiles website (http://www.androphiles.com).[/INFO]
Credits
Initial UI: smccloud Core Development: drewwalton19216801

New Features
1) OSCC can now install the Android Automation Tools to a pre-rooted device. This eliminates the need for the user's device to be rooted SPECIFICALLY by OSCC. It also opens the door for some cool custom ROM management stuff (other than simply flashing ROMS). But we'll get to that later. 2) New software management features. This includes APK installation, Sprint ID/Sprint Zone removal, Boot Animation installation, and more. 3) Ability to flash the latest version of the Xionia kernel, as well as restore to the stock LG kernel. (picasticks kernel in beta2 and above) 4) Ability to flash some ROMs. 5) Automatically detects the Android SDK Platform-tools, and defaults to the built-in Platform-tools if needed. 6) Sleek new user interface. 7) Fancy schmancy new installer!

Requirements
1) .NET Framework 4 (the installer SHOULD download this for you if you don't have it) 2) A good grasp on the command line in case anything goes wrong. 3) The Root Utility requires (for the moment) LS670ZVC (LG Mobile Update version)

Working Features
Reboot Device: WORKING Recovery Mode: WORKING Root Utility: WORKING, MAY REMOVE PENDING POLL RESULTS Unroot Utility: WORKING Recovery Kernels: WORKING APK Installation: WORKING Sprint ID Removal: WORKING Sprint Zone Removal: WORKING Boot Animation Install: WORKING Automation Tools Install: WORKING Kernel Management: WORKING FOR LS670ZVD ONLY ROM Management: WORKING* Package Manager: WORKING**

Unworking Features
Root Utility: NOT WORKING FOR LS670ZVD, MAY REMOVE PENDING POLL RESULTS Stock Boot Animation: NOT WORKING

Screenshots and Downloads
A few screenshots can be found in the Photobucket gallery. The current build can be found here: OSCC 2.0 Downloads

Using OSCC
If you are trying to use this build to gain root access to LS670ZVD, you will be disappointed as VD support hasn't been enabled yet. OSCC can't help you with your VD issues right now :p In order to use OSCC 2.0, you will need to open Software Management (in OSCC) and click Install Automation Tools. Note that this requires that your device be rooted beforehand. In order to install/flash recoveries, kernels and ROMs you need to first download the ones you want by clicking the Package Manager button in the Settings tab.

Software Compatibility
Currently the only features of the Control Center that will not work with LS670ZVC are Kernel Management and ROM Management. All planned features will work with LS670ZVD.

Changelog
Release 2.0 beta4: Multi-threading enabled, synced with Automation Tools release 1.0e (broken, use beta3-fixed) Release 2.0 beta3-fixed: Fixed some UI spacing and alignment issues Release 2.0 beta3: Implemented the Package Manager, synced with Automation Tools release 1.0d Release 2.0 beta2: Added nROM and ThundeROM, synced with Automation Tools release 1.0c Release 2.0 beta1.1: Added picasticks kernel (version 06), synced with Automation Tools release 1.0b Release 2.0 beta1: First beta release, no new features but MASSIVE code cleanup Release 2.0 alpha: Initial public release, included required third party UI libraries

Notes
* ROM Management currently only supports nROM and ThundeROM. When you first start OSCC 2.0, you will need to go to the Package Manager to download a ROM. ** The Package Managerwas first seen in Beta3. It allows you to have a base installation with only the recoveries, kernels and ROMs that YOU want. For info about the latest supported Packages available for download, please go here.

Donations
Click the image above to donate!

Last edited:

jpmcc64

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I get a message stating Control Center has stopped working on Win 7 64bit when I try to launch.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: oscc_newui.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.9.999.0
Problem Signature 03: 4d7e539d
Problem Signature 04: OSCC_NewUI
Problem Signature 05: 1.9.999.0
Problem Signature 06: 4d7e539d
Problem Signature 07: 143
Problem Signature 08: 22
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

burkett1974

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Lost

Are there pre-requisites to get this to work? I have installed it successfully on my system (required .net Framework 4). When I try to open it, it acts like it will open and then nothing happens. I have enabled Admin access on the program and even tried compatibility mode. I am running Windows 7 64bit Business edition. Any help is appreciated.

jpmcc64

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The window won't expand to show the full contents of the error message for screen capture, but in my first post I copied the full contents from the error window.

I've tried this on three separate computers and it fails on all. One has Windows XP Pro, one has Win 7 32 bit and this computer has Win 7 64 bit. I've also re-downloaded the install file and it gives the same result. I'm not complaining, just trying to help the process!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The window won't expand to show the full contents of the error message for screen capture, but in my first post I copied the full contents from the error window.

I've tried this on three separate computers and it fails on all. One has Windows XP Pro, one has Win 7 32 bit and this computer has Win 7 64 bit. I've also re-downloaded the install file and it gives the same result. I'm not complaining, just trying to help the process!

Just to confirm, this error message happens as soon as you attempt to open the application?

I think I know what the issue is, but I'm installing Windows in a VM so I can further test it. Thanks for letting me know about the error.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it happens at program launch.

I figured out the problem. OSCC 2.0 uses some third-party UI libraries (which don't come with Windows) and I stupidly forgot to include those in the application *FACEPALM*

I'm re-uploading the OSCC build with the libraries included.

Talk about app developer FAIL :p

EDIT: Link re-enabled.

Will this work for phones that updated to vc ota or just vc through lg updater tools.

Absolutely not. OSCC uses known methods to root your device. Since the VC OTA update blocks all known methods, it will fail miserably. Remember, the OSCC root utility is a GUI-fied, automagical version of the regular rooting guide.

EDIT: The fact that you needed to ask this question means you should not be using a developer test build; any amount of searching and you would have gotten the answer to this.

Last edited:

harryvince

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I know there must be many like myself who are waiting thankfully. When I started reading this forum my ebay procured phone was on sw version ending in the #7. I updated to vc via the lg updater. Your posts have been very helpful.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Has the current build been updated to control any more features for phones with VD?? Thanks.

The features that are currently working are listed in the first post. I'm waiting on Crucial to send me my replacement RAM, so no more updates till that happens which should only be a few more days.

kostov22

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I get a message stating Control Center has stopped working on Win 7 64bit when I try to launch.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: oscc_newui.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.9.999.0
Problem Signature 03: 4d7e539d
Problem Signature 04: OSCC_NewUI
Problem Signature 05: 1.9.999.0
Problem Signature 06: 4d7e539d
Problem Signature 07: 143
Problem Signature 08: 22
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3