Have v9 and vd on my phone causing data problems.

Dark_Majesty_06

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I tried updateing to vd via the lg updater tool.. And everything went fine.. Then my phone restarted after the tool had reached 99 percent.. And now it won't active the hands free.. It just keeps telling me that hands free can't be activated.. I've called sprint and reset the phone.. I've done a restore from before vd and still nuffin.. I need help.. I won't have access to internet for awhile.. And I can't get to a sprint store.. Is there anyway to revert my phone to totally stock on terminal emulator or anyone know of anything to reset my phone to out of box settings? Like I said.. No internet here without my phone working.. Only my wifes black berry to post on here...

Last edited:

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
without internet it will be hard. I accidently FUBARed my phone last night and had no hands free activcation. I ended up restoring to stock via the stickied thread in this forum, then force flashing V9, the ##RTN# through my dialer, which needs your msl, then I restarted the phone and still had no data, but while i was trying to research from more I noticed that hands free activation finally went through 30 seconds later or so.

You didn't restore your 1.5 rom once you flashed to VD, did you? That can cause it not to activate due to incompatability with the new radio version.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you disconnected the phone after it reached 99% (or even 100%) but you aren't supposed to touch it until it says "Complete" Even at 100% I believe it is restoring NVRAM entries.

Anyway, if you are getting the Hands Free error, either there is a mismatch between android software and radio versions or your NVRAM is messed up or both.

You aren't in that bad a state right now. Everything should be correctable if you are patient. However you could easily get into an even worse state that is harder to impossible to correct. So I would stay patient and calm and take steps slowly to fix things.

I wouldn't do anything until you have access to internet again, because you'll want access to the forums if something goes wrong and also to download other software if needed.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So despite the hands free activation error, can your phone access the net right now. ie does the browser open web pages?

Dark_Majesty_06

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
No.. I went from 1.5 to my stock nandroid backup.. From there I flashed over to zeffies custome recovery and finally updated via lg tools.. What is that ## your talking about? What do I need to do and what will it help?

Dark_Majesty_06

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
It was completed. The tool said it had completed.. My phone had restarted.. I did notice.. I re rooted on v9 but when I switched over to vd.. There was no root.. But I went ahead and flashed tr 1.8.. That's exactly when I had handsfree problems.

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
might want to try renaming the thread title. "please help" wont get much help and plus some others may have similar issue(s) and when they try search..."please help" wont be on their mind for that issue.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No.. I went from 1.5 to my stock nandroid backup.. From there I flashed over to zeffies custome recovery and finally updated via lg tools.. What is that ## your talking about? What do I need to do and what will it help?
I'm sensing you are very anxious to get this resolved to the point you might be willing to blindly try anything you see referenced to see if it helps. My suggestion is to be patient. From your current state everything can be resolved. If you go try random things you can make it much worse.

As to ## codes, they are special codes which when entered into the dialer will get access to normally hidden operations of your phone. ##786# is a code to enter if you want to do full NVRAM+factory reset. It requires your MSL (master subsidy lock) code which you can get from Sprint. It is also referred to as ##RTN# because that is the real name of the function. 786 are the number equivalents of those letters.

##786# would usually fix your problem, but it depends what software you have installed. It could also brick your phone if you have the wrong software. That is why I'm saying you should remain patient.

Could you reboot into recovery
Power down
Home + Vol- + Power

Please verify you still have CWMA installed. Also is it CWMA 1.2518.4 or 1.2518.5?

Dark_Majesty_06

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I can boot into recovery and I have the .5 version.. I don't know if this makes a diffrence or not.. But my baseland version is v9 and my sw version is vd.. So I guess it all got messed up when I tried to revert to the backup I made when I had v9.. All these newb mistakes I made.

Your right as well.. Its a very panicy feeling when I just messed up my lifeline.. This optimus might as well be grafted to my hand, I use it so much. So I guess I need to read and do the steps in the thread for reverting back to v9 and try all again? Btw.. A sprint rep helped by making me redo my meid and stuff.. So I can atleast get calls and text.. Just no data.

Lastly.. Where do I redo the title and ill make it much more clear for future help. Thanks a lot for all the help and sorry for my panic.

Dark_Majesty_06

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Also.. Fyi.. I can't access any data services on the phone.. I'm assuming its from v9 and vd mingoin and what not in my phone.. So once I can find a hotspot for my pc.. Ill see what I can break even more.. Thanks again.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes I can boot into recovery and I have the .5 version.. I don't know if this makes a diffrence or not.. But my baseland version is v9 and my sw version is vd.. So I guess it all got messed up when I tried to revert to the backup I made when I had v9.. All these newb mistakes I made.

Your right as well.. Its a very panicy feeling when I just messed up my lifeline.. This optimus might as well be grafted to my hand, I use it so much. So I guess I need to read and do the steps in the thread for reverting back to v9 and try all again? Btw.. A sprint rep helped by making me redo my meid and stuff.. So I can atleast get calls and text.. Just no data.

Lastly.. Where do I redo the title and ill make it much more clear for future help. Thanks a lot for all the help and sorry for my panic.
I don't think the Sprint rep had you redo your meid. Most likely you redid your MDN and MSID. That is what Hands Free activation does but in an automated fashion instead of having you type it in by hand. Also write down your MDN and MSID. You can always manually provision your phone in the same fashion if something goes wrong.

Did you remember to write down the number they gave you when you redid your MDN and MSID? That is your MSL. They would have asked you to enter a six digit number ##123456# (where 123456 is replaced with the # they gave you). Make sure you write that down. It can be useful for some types of reset.

Ok, so right now you should have TR1.8 installed correct?

If so, could you download and flash Xionia CWMA 1.2518.4 instead of the 1.2518.5 you currently have. I want to reduce the number of variables. I've personally tested 1.2518.4 with the various resets. 1.2518.5 changed kernels and I haven't tested it.

1.2518.4 is in the archive link at the bottom of the first post in the CWMA thread.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-5-a.html

Dark_Majesty_06

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
No..when I flashed thunder rom 1.8 it rebooted..when my home screen came up it was completely blank. I couldn't do anything. I'm assuming the problem is related to not having proper root priveledges before flashing to vd..so I restored to the back up I made when I switched to cwma. My back up is a complete stock v9 and the only thing done to it is its rooted to z4. Ultimately,I believe what's happened is when everything messed up on thunder rom I restored back to a v9 restore,and I believe that there is still vd fragments and that's what's I think is causing the problem..
I just had an idea..is there a way for someone to upload a cwma restore image of them running completely stock vd and would it be possible to put that in my restore folder and restore it,then hopefully all v9 fragments would be gone and my handsfree would activate.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You have a VD radio/baseband due to the VD upgrade you did using LG Software Updater.

Then you put V9 software in with you nandroid restore of your stock V9. LG doesn't really expect anyone to use there radio and software out of sync either in the forward or backward directions. If it works, then it is by chance, not by design. I think you've found V9 software doesn't work well with VD radio.

There are some resets you can do right now that might get your data back working quicker, but IMO the safer way to do it is to
1) put CWMA 1.2518.4 on
2) KP500 force flash V9
3) ##RTN# reset
4) let hands free activation provision you

That should get your data, voice, and text working.

It will leave you with a CWMA custom recovery that makes rooting trivial. You'll also have the last Android version that was rootable, V9, along with V9 radio/baseband.

You will be all set up to follow whichever directions to get you to the custom rom you want.

Again, there are quicker ways, but I'm trying to be careful because this is a device you depend on.

If you haven't guessed it, my strategy is to get you to a known place. Right now I'm not really sure which mish mash of components you have and I would hate to suggest something to you, then after something goes wrong we find that something or other was installed but we didn't realize it.

Dark_Majesty_06

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I need to do. Today i came to a crossroads.. i finally found internet.. but i went to start my phone up.. and it only boot loops to recovery.. Ive done nothing to it since i stopped it last night and now it came to a boot loop.. so the only thing i could think of.. was calling sprint.. and saying i accidentally smashed my phone by stepping on it.. so i have a new phone on its way to me.. so when i get home from work next week.. ill have a new phone to mess with.. im assuming it will be loaded with vc or vd.. hopefully vd if it has to be a upgraded model.. so sf.. thanks a lot.. you helped me out so much.. i cant hardly repay you.. but i will rename my thread.. so everyone else can have access to your help as well.. hopefully the device i receive is still v9 and i can just stay with my rooted and tr 1.5 and stop trying to mess with it.. heh. Thanks again friend, all your help is much appreciated.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No problem, sorry to hear, hope your next phone behaves better. BTW there is a "Thanks" button at the bottom of a post.