Cache cleaner?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Can somebody recommend a good cache cleaner for a rooted Optimus? Thanks.

I use cachemate for root users. The dev does a good job of keeping it up to date (adding/subtracting caches), it has a widget, it has a scheduler so you can make it clean caches automatically and it also includes some experimental data cache cleaning as well as SD card cache cleaning.

It's a good option and one worth at least considering.

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
cachemate is a good one..prob the best about that one is the scheduler. ..however there are tons out there..currently i use "cache cleaner NG" (l. sartory) it does a really good job. also a widget so you can clean with just a press..which also has a scheduler, also cleans the sd card. another that i have noticed lots of people like bc they like app2sd is aCCleaner by Sam lu. its not bad its main feature i feel is that when you open the app it shows each of ur apps running and what they are using etc...however it doesnt do as good as a job as the one ksmith mentioned and "cache cleaner" ..hope that helps a bit.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
cachemate is a good one..prob the best about that one is the scheduler. ..however there are tons out there..currently i use "cache cleaner NG" (l. sartory) it does a really good job. also a widget so you can clean with just a press..however no scheduler, but also cleans the sd card. another that i have noticed lots of people like bc they like app2sd is aCCleaner by Sam lu. its not bad its main feature i feel is that when you open the app it shows each of ur apps running and what they are using etc...however it doesnt do as good as a job as the one ksmith mentioned and "cache cleaner" ..hope that helps a bit.

Nice explanation.

@Shine

Come back and let us know what you ended up with and why.

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've never thought about using a cache cleaner before, I've always cleaned the cache through recovery mode.

What's the difference between using an app and doing it through recovery?

Last edited:

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
cachemate is a good one..prob the best about that one is the scheduler. ..however there are tons out there..currently i use "cache cleaner NG" (l. sartory) it does a really good job. also a widget so you can clean with just a press..however no scheduler, but also cleans the sd card.

Update your apps! Now Cache Cleaner NG has a scheduler. Pretty cool stuff.

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah lol its been on there awhile. I set the widget and totally forgot u can set it few hrs days etc. Thnx lol

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair