Gaming performance decrease

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so when I was in VC, my games ran really smoothly and they were playable. Now I have rooted VD thunderom 1.8.2 and when I play baseball superstars, it lags so much I can't play it and angry bird lags extremely. Before they ran smoothly...
Answers?

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so when I was in VC, my games ran really smoothly and they were playable. Now I have rooted VD thunderom 1.8.2 and when I play baseball superstars, it lags so much I can't play it and angry bird lags extremely. Before they ran smoothly...
Answers?

shouldnt have contracted an STD. since 1.8.2 runs on VC if you REALLY think the radio's at fault you can always go back to VC and install 1.8.2.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
1.8.2 runs off VD, it was updated to VD in 1.8.

but wait isn't this...
you need VC or VD baseband. Menu > Settings > about phone > Baseband version = ?
,,, oops i think the dev of the rom in question just said you need either vc OR VD for 1.8.2... This wasn't the post i was looking for and i'm going to find it in a minuet, but TR 1.8.2 DOES run on VC.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
but wait isn't this...
,,, oops i think the dev of the rom in question just said you need either vc OR VD for 1.8.2... This wasn't the post i was looking for and i'm going to find it in a minuet, but TR 1.8.2 DOES run on VC.

case closed here's the post

No, if you're on VC baseband you can flash 1.8.2 over 1.8 without issue. VD source is compatible with VC and VD radio.

Please do make sure your facts are straight before spouting off the wrong thing.

EDIT: I will give you one thing you're correct that the SOURCE for TR 1.8.2 is built off of VD, but saying that it can't be run on VC is incorrect.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Gents calm down lol It will run on VC and VD. No biggie. No harm no foul were talking about games on a cell phone!! lol let's not get worked up. Also if you check my last post in the TR thread i just told you how to make any sprint based ROM run on any baseband :confused:

@Andy

Sorry, i don't play games on my phone so i cant weigh in. Suggest a good game (not angry birds) and I'll give it a go.

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted rynnin cm7 and have no problems running any game. Even the new angry birds rio its fast as hell. Even run nes snes sega gba emulators playing with my wiimlte with no lag on vd baseband. I start to get a lil lag if I ha like navagation browser and a game going

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
@Andy

Sorry, i don't play games on my phone so i cant weigh in. Suggest a good game (not angry birds) and I'll give it a go.

I'm not Andy obviously KSmith but I have noticed this as well not only on Genisoid (playing Shining Force) but also on the Kindle app. Before I was lag free now it starts that way then the fps slow doooowwwwwnnnnn then it'll pick back up again. It got so bad I ran it in airplane mode to make sure synch wasn't messing it up and it still did it... with VC it was fine but with VD I have a gaming rash that won't clear up :eek:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm not Andy obviously KSmith but I have noticed this as well not only on Genisoid (playing Shining Force) but also on the Kindle app. Before I was lag free now it starts that way then the fps slow doooowwwwwnnnnn then it'll pick back up again. It got so bad I ran it in airplane mode to make sure synch wasn't messing it up and it still did it... with VC it was fine but with VD I have a gaming rash that won't clear up :eek:
Very likely, VD introduced some new drivers, also is built from 2.2.2 while all previous releases were 2.2.1 so whatever that entails.
Just for you KSmith: Game Dev Story

It's [expletive]-ing addicting.

Alrighty, I'll give it a go when I'm done with some stuff later tonight.

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Wonder if this impacts the "Stock" VD install... (meaning not rooted, not an altered rom...)

(not so interested in testing though... ;)

Tree Dude

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... Angry Birds has always lagged for me at stock clock speeds. It did speed up when I was OCed, but the battery drain was just too much.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If angry birds has always lagged then you probably are seeing the lag because of the ads. There was a thread about that earlier. Something about turning of the network while running AB or running an ad-free version.

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
it tells me to put my credit card and stuff when I try to download angry birds seasons which is free. is there a way to skip this

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I dont think so.
You must have a credit card available for any Amazon purchases whether they are free or paid.

If you wanted Angry Birds Seasons (Free Version) you could just download that of the Android Market. There was no need for the Amazon AppStore.

You will need the Amazon AppStore if you need the paid version of Angry Birds (No Ads). Thats the only thing Amazon has right now with Angry Birds, exclusivity. That and one paid app a day for free, every day. :)