Unable to update PRL/Profile

i mow grass

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I recently rooted my phone, it has VD on it. After it has been rooted I am unable to update my PRL or Profile. I have not seen where this is a side effect of rooting, but the error it gives me is "The Client failed to authenticate the DM Server(48). Please try again later." Any help/input is greatly appreciated.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I recently rooted my phone, it has VD on it. After it has been rooted I am unable to update my PRL or Profile. I have not seen where this is a side effect of rooting, but the error it gives me is "The Client failed to authenticate the DM Server(48). Please try again later." Any help/input is greatly appreciated.
It's not a side effect of rooting.

Are you running stock ROM?

How did you install ZVD?

Which recovery are you running?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't have to do with the rooting or the recovery.

The most likely cause is something to do with the upgrade to ZVD and some NVRAM items getting out of whack.

It can also happen if you NANDROID restore an older version of ROM or you have mismatched radio/Android, but you guys insist this doesn't apply to you.

As long as you are sure you have CWMA (or stock recovery) and you are running stock ROM (or ROM based on stock), you can perform a ##786# (##RTN#) reset from the dialer and it will reset the NVRAM items and it should fix your problems. Make sure those preconditions are accurate or you can brick your phone.

##786# will reformat your /data partition so have the stuff you care about backed up.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am not running the stock recovery, is there another way to solve this? Besides reverting back to the stock recovery.
As I mentioned CWMA (or stock recovery)

Also when you do ##786# reset, it will ask you for your MSL.

If you don't have it, call Sprint and tell them your phone is having problems with Hands Free Activation and you are having trouble with calls. They should send you to tech support which will give you the MSL as part of the process to manually provision your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan