Subpar

Ranji

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Alrighty, I must be doing something wrong here...

I've rooted my phone, I'm running ThundeROM 1.8.2 and zefies latest kernel for OC. I've got minfreemanager running at 14-16-24-150-152-190 and OverclockWidget cranked to either 806 or 844 and I cannot get a quadrant score of over 582. I keep seeing people showing off these crazy scores that at least double mine, and I can't figure out where I've gone wrong... I know I can run at 806 stable, just drains my battery like a mofo, but I still lag when I play emulated games ( genesis turn-based rpgs for cryin out loud).

Where did I go wrong?

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Alrighty, I must be doing something wrong here...

I've rooted my phone, I'm running ThundeROM 1.8.2 and zefies latest kernel for OC. I've got minfreemanager running at 14-16-24-150-152-190 and OverclockWidget cranked to either 806 or 844 and I cannot get a quadrant score of over 582. I keep seeing people showing off these crazy scores that at least double mine, and I can't figure out where I've gone wrong... I know I can run at 806 stable, just drains my battery like a mofo, but I still lag when I play emulated games ( genesis turn-based rpgs for cryin out loud).

Where did I go wrong?

You aren't doing anything wrong, those quadrant scores are actually good. The ones you are seeing that are double yours are because of stage fright which bypasses a test in quadrant with a perfect score.

Don't worry about quadrant scores too much people. Focus on stability and snappiness.

Reactions: kazea182

Ranji

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
OK, is there anyway I can improve my performance enough to pull off playing a genesis game? I'd figured that it shouldn't have been too difficult to run it if I'd mapped most of the pad to hard keys on the phone (the only thing that the touch screen is used for is D-Pad). I mean, is the program I'm using to OC any good even? I've seen people talking about using setCPU but at the time I was too broke to get it, and they mentioned OverclockWidget and just went with it.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
OK, is there anyway I can improve my performance enough to pull off playing a genesis game? I'd figured that it shouldn't have been too difficult to run it if I'd mapped most of the pad to hard keys on the phone (the only thing that the touch screen is used for is D-Pad). I mean, is the program I'm using to OC any good even? I've seen people talking about using setCPU but at the time I was too broke to get it, and they mentioned OverclockWidget and just went with it.

Try getting rid of minfreemanager, I think ThundeROM already has a minfree tweak. And I would give SetCPU over at XDA developers a shot, it has a much easier to use interface.

Ranji

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
OK, I realize I made a note of this happening the other night, but I think it may be due to something else now, but it seems like anytime I hook up my phone to a PC and mount the card, the minute I make any changes to the card, it no longer becomes recognized by my phone, I have to reboot into recovery, enable and disable USB mode, then reboot the phone completely in order for it to recognize it again...

Dassin

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is an issue with the v13 kernel. I have been able to get my card mounted after disconnecting from my PC by going to settings > SD card & phone storage > mount SD card.

Ranji

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
That hasn't worked for me, it doesn't even recognize that one is in the phone, plugging back into the USB just gives me the option to reformat (which it doesn't get permission to even when I tried allowing it).

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If u go to cm7 can run genisis nes n all that through a wiimote

As a cm7 user, this is the primary use of my phone. Also, if you can afford it, i would recommend the datel wireless retro controller for wii, since it's a legit, fully-capable classic controller, and it's the only one that doesn't need to hook up to a wiimote to work. Good stuff. That being said, it's a 40 dollar controller, and you should only buy it if you plan on being a hardcore emulator gamer.

Back on topic, cm7 also has very capable overclock built into the rom, adjustable from the settings menu. It has it's own minfree settings as well.

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
As a cm7 user, this is the primary use of my phone. Also, if you can afford it, i would recommend the datel wireless retro controller for wii, since it's a legit, fully-capable classic controller, and it's the only one that doesn't need to hook up to a wiimote to work. Good stuff. That being said, it's a 40 dollar controller, and you should only buy it if you plan on being a hardcore emulator gamer.

Back on topic, cm7 also has very capable overclock built into the rom, adjustable from the settings menu. It has it's own minfree settings as well.

exactly and pretty much same here. I prob play 4 to 5 hours a day on my phone now just going back and forth between all the marios mortal kombats and sonics. I run mine all day long at 806/245 and it usually gets me from 7 am till bout 9 when i get home then charge use as hotspot for netbook n xbox n then play games.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe this is an issue with the v13 kernel. I have been able to get my card mounted after disconnecting from my PC by going to settings > SD card & phone storage > mount SD card.

i really doubt its a problem with the v13 kernel, seeing as everyone who runs cm7 031711 is on v13 kernel and that hasn't come up as a complaint in the cm7 thread... what class is your sd card, this phone does have a preference for a minimum of class 4 MCSDs, it's a whiny ***** what are you going to do? Anyway, i'd start with your sdcard, i've not had a single problem with my lexmark 8gb class 4 and i've had it since november.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463