LGMobile Support Tool - Install Hangs

cowboydren

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying all morning to install the LGMobile Support Tool, but it keeps failing. I suspect a server problem on LG's end, but I can't prove that. The progress bar just stops (image attached). I've changed my DNS provider and it keeps hanging in the same place. Is/has anyone else had this problem?

Windows XP (32-bit).
I -do- have JDK 1.6 Win32 installed.
I -do- have Android SDK installed and configured.

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have had this issue on a computer that has UAC enabled. But since Windows XP does not have UAC, are you trying to launch the installer in an Administrator account?

cowboydren

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes. This account on this computer is an Administrator. I've also tried it on other XP-32 systems (where I'm an admin) and on a Win7-64, all with basically the same result.

cowboydren

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Works now. :p

[edit]

Spoke too soon; none of the LG Android phones I recognize (let alone my Optimus S) show up in the Install USB Driver dialog...

[edit]

Found the model number, finally, but the stupid software keeps telling me that the MEID/ESNs I'm entering aren't valid...

Last edited:

vitalijus16

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I have been trying to install the LGMobile Support Tool too, but it keeps failing. The progress bar just stops and can't install it. Please help

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I have been trying to install the LGMobile Support Tool too, but it keeps failing. The progress bar just stops and can't install it. Please help

Are you on a company or otherwise restricted computer? I had this problem as well a while back, and the reason being is because halfway through the install process the installer goes online and grabs the main part of the program from an LG server. That server uses a non-standard port number, and many companies or large organizations block that port, resulting in the installer just sitting there. I use GNU/Linux at home so I have to do all my Windows-only stuff at work. I ended up going to a friend's house who has windows to do what I needed the LG Support Tool to do.

Reactions: vitalijus16

mobius1484

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
If you're trying to revert from ZVH to ZVD the easiest easy is to use the sprint revert update and just flash in recovery. I'm on my phone or i would hunt down the link myself for the thread with the file. Look around though, it's here.

jackobsn

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem but after installing LG PC Suite software first (you can find it on the official LG Webpage) then LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL installed just fine. Hope it helps anyone ... they should really make this clear on the wepage that it's mandatory to install LG PC Suite before

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463