Adobe Flash 10.1 on Optimus S

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot possibly? I just tried this and the browser now crashes whenever it loads a page with Flash.

Edit: I literally have the same configuration as you do, so I know it's not a configuration difference.

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
plays youtube, but youtube is not flash video (thats how we are able to have a youtube app)

no flash player for our phones

*any website with flash = no go-closes browser*

Last edited:

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I will find some screenshot app to load on the phone.

What Flash stuff do you guys usually use?

Only thing I could try is Youtube with the built in browser.

That works and I can see any of the videos.

But hell, I could just use the youtube app for that as well.

I'm not a big flash fan, even on a normal computer.

This is the first Adobe Flash that I've been able to install on this phone though.

The other versions of adobe flash apk's floating around would never even install.

---------------------

Edit: Ok - am looking at the tombstones - and Adobe Flash is crashing - I'm wondering if its looking for Android 2.1 libs?

Last edited:

pxgray

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It's not a matter of libs, it's a matter of hardware. Flash will simply not run on our phones because it is compiled for a different processor architecture than is present in the Optimus S.

Adobe has made no mention that they will support Flash for these budget devices in the future. If you want Flash on your phone you need to upgrade to a higher end piece of hardware.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I can go to youtube right now and play videos...and I've not done a thing to my phone.

Try loading a flash game, (kongregate.com, physicsgames.net, etc.)

picasticks

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It's not a matter of libs, it's a matter of hardware. Flash will simply not run on our phones because it is compiled for a different processor architecture than is present in the Optimus S.

Adobe has made no mention that they will support Flash for these budget devices in the future. If you want Flash on your phone you need to upgrade to a higher end piece of hardware.

THIS.

We are ARM11 core, ARMv6L instruction set. Adobe is only building for v7.

This is the same reason we don't get Firefox (although, at least there's slim hope for that, Mozilla pulled the nonworking prerelease ARMv6 builds of Fennec but hasn't totally ruled out bringing them back).

Our phones may not be that old, but their chipset is seriously old. That's why they're cheap.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
My browser FC with this....I also don't know about getting this from a third party....Time to restore my backup....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC