Gingersnap Root Utility (one-click ROOT!!!) Multi-Platform

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Get xionia recovery. And as far as a rom... Well I'm a fanboi so reborn rom. And oh yea... I happen to make themes for reborn rom. Wink wink :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

doughpe

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
This is a rather dumb question, but since i'm new to the rooting scene, I'm just going to go out with it. All i have to do is click on the Gingersnap.exe, right?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
As long as u have the requirements as far as ur PC and drivers yes. Launch the executive and click on go. Watch your screen on the phone for a superuser request and accept it. Also make sure debugging is turned on and that you don't have USB mass storage turned on. It will reboot your phone and if it works you will have superuser app in your App drawer.

Good luck and make sure u reboot your phone before you try it.

Reactions: doughpe

doughpe

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
As long as u have the requirements as far as ur PC and drivers yes. Launch the executive and click on go. Watch your screen on the phone for a superuser request and accept it. Also make sure debugging is turned on and that you don't have USB mass storage turned on. It will reboot your phone and if it works you will have superuser app in your App drawer.

Good luck and make sure u reboot your phone before you try it.

I did what you told me to do, and I also checked all of my drivers, but my phone didn't reboot although Gingersnap told me that it was successful.

Donx510

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Everything works fine, except for one problem. After I run gingersnap.exe and my phone reboots fully, I try running ADB.exe but instead of letting me input a command, when ADB runs a cmd thing pops up and runs a script really fast. I am on Windows 7 64 bit

eracet

Mar 7, 2011
www.evolutiongamer.net
Everything works fine, except for one problem. After I run gingersnap.exe and my phone reboots fully, I try running ADB.exe but instead of letting me input a command, when ADB runs a cmd thing pops up and runs a script really fast. I am on Windows 7 64 bit

Are you running it from a cmd or just going straight to the adb.exe ?

Type cmd in search programs and files spot, on windows start menu.
The open a path to your adb program.
Such as if you have adb file in c: adbfiles you would do command
cd \adbfiles
Then run adb.exe from there
your command line should look like
C;\adbfiles>adb
Then you would run your adb program, if you wanted to run adb shell
you would put adb shell at the end

Reactions: Donx510

kyisfly

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I did what you told me to do, and I also checked all of my drivers, but my phone didn't reboot although Gingersnap told me that it was successful.

Same problem here. I don't get it...The utility says it's been completed almost immediately after clicking it...but no reaction from my phone that is connected via usb, with usb debugging ON and storage OFF. Please help...this is frustrating the crap outta me, reading through 60 pages of people saying "piece of cake" and i'm pullin my hair out. Thank you!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. I don't get it...The utility says it's been completed almost immediately after clicking it...but no reaction from my phone that is connected via usb, with usb debugging ON and storage OFF. Please help...this is frustrating the crap outta me, reading through 60 pages of people saying "piece of cake" and i'm pullin my hair out. Thank you!

Are you sure you have the correct drivers installed?

parkerman

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
:-[.
I have downloaded everything I need to complete this task, push go and get the message that all is well and my device is rebooting. Problem is it isn't. Help the mid-30's slow man please.

Donx510

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I am not rooted running a Reborn ROM. For those of you having trouble, make sure you have all the drivers needed and make sure USB Debugging is ON and USB storage is OFF.

1) Plug your phone via USB port to connect it to the computer
2) Run Gingersnap.exe and wait for it to "steal the gingers soul." The process should take 5-10 minutes, and make sure your LCD screen is on.
3) The phone should reboot. Wait for your phone to fully reboot
4) Run CMD.exe on your computer, and command it to run ADB
5) Type in su for root access, and in the cmd you should get a #, and your phone should ask for root access via Superuser

Donx510

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
:-[.
I have downloaded everything I need to complete this task, push go and get the message that all is well and my device is rebooting. Problem is it isn't. Help the mid-30's slow man please.
It should take a couple of trys to get it right, but make sure USB debugging is on and usb storage is off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome