- 05-23-2011, 04:54 AM #101
- 05-23-2011, 07:45 AM #102
- 05-23-2011, 08:36 AM #103
- 05-23-2011, 08:45 AM #104
- 05-23-2011, 09:25 AM #106
- 05-23-2011, 10:43 AM #107
- 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM #108
- 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM #109
- 05-23-2011, 02:42 PM #110
- 05-23-2011, 03:06 PM #111
A few quick questions.
First off, does the gingersnap method work as well as the command prompt way? No reverting and ota updates? If so does that leave any real reason to go the long way?
Secondly, does this by chance unroot too? or do you have suggestions in that is needed?
Lastly does the LG mobile support tool load the needed driver? After installing it, it offered to add drivers. Gave a list of like 8 and I didnt see ls670 listed. So I figured it might just have already added it.
- 05-23-2011, 03:07 PM #112
I will be adding an unroot option, but in the mean time there is a dedicated unroot thread.
The ls670 drivers ARE needed but are NOT installed automatically by the LG tool.
- 05-23-2011, 04:10 PM #114
- 05-23-2011, 04:11 PM #115
Yeah sorry, it only took 5 times reading thru and a second attempt on the lg mobile tools to find the driver !!
If you dont mind, here are the steps I have taken.
installed .net4 and visc+redistrib
installed the lg mobile tools and proper driver.
now the 2 attatched files, are they both needed or just the gingersnap. Or do I install both and just use gingersnap to complete.
Sorry if these seem like stupid noob questions, but short of a few days of reading thru rooting sites I am a noob.
I may sound nervous, but i dont want to do this till I understand a little better. Cant afford a brand new paperweight.
Over at the gingerbreak site they are talking about needing a formated sd card, is that the case here?
- Source Code:
The modified GingerBreak source code is attached to this post. The filename is gingerbreak-mod-gs-src.zip
Also, make absolutely certain that USB debugging is turned ON. This can be done by going to Settings->Applications->Development and making sure USB debugging is checked. It may help to enable "Stay awake" as well.
- 05-23-2011, 05:00 PM #117
- 05-23-2011, 05:30 PM #118
- 05-23-2011, 05:33 PM #119
- 05-23-2011, 05:37 PM #120
- 05-23-2011, 05:44 PM #121
- 05-23-2011, 05:47 PM #122
- 05-23-2011, 06:17 PM #123
- 05-23-2011, 06:19 PM #124
- 05-23-2011, 06:32 PM #125