Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

does this work?

does this still work

Ok im a newbie here but want to play lol......is there anything i need to do to my phone to protect it before i try this root? Maybe I need a step by step tutorial????????
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by dongjunam23 View Post
    does this work?
    Lol !!!! I think this might have to be the "post of the day".

Sent by Tapatalk ----- Optimus s
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #105  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Lol !!!! I think this might have to be the "post of the day".

No, this is:
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleGreenAlien View Post
    does this still work
    Both seem to be junk posts just to get the download. God I love this forum.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Haha, ya I noticed that one too after I posted.

ahh... missin the Rogue LotLizzard now... LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    No, this is:Both seem to be junk posts just to get the download. God I love this forum.

Meh.. /agree.

I'm not a huge fan of the Optimus S.. but since the daughter has one, I need to get it rooted..

cli worked like a dream. Easy and quick...

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

thanks! works great!

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

A few quick questions.

First off, does the gingersnap method work as well as the command prompt way? No reverting and ota updates? If so does that leave any real reason to go the long way?

Secondly, does this by chance unroot too? or do you have suggestions in that is needed?

Lastly does the LG mobile support tool load the needed driver? After installing it, it offered to add drivers. Gave a list of like 8 and I didnt see ls670 listed. So I figured it might just have already added it.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #113  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    A few quick questions.

First off, does the gingersnap method work as well as the command prompt way? No reverting and ota updates? If so does that leave any real reason to go the long way?

Secondly, does this by chance unroot too? or do you have suggestions in that is needed?

Lastly does the LG mobile support tool load the needed driver? After installing it, it offered to add drivers. Gave a list of like 8 and I didnt see ls670 listed. So I figured it might just have already added it.
    Gingersnap uses GingerBreak at it's core, so if the guide works so will Gingersnap. The reason it is generally recommended to use the command line method is because you can gain helpful experience in case something screws up.

I will be adding an unroot option, but in the mean time there is a dedicated unroot thread.

The ls670 drivers ARE needed but are NOT installed automatically by the LG tool.
    Thanked by 2:

Thumbs up Android newbie

Gonna give rooting a try - thanks guys!!

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Yeah sorry, it only took 5 times reading thru and a second attempt on the lg mobile tools to find the driver !!

If you dont mind, here are the steps I have taken.

installed .net4 and visc+redistrib
    installed the lg mobile tools and proper driver.

now the 2 attatched files, are they both needed or just the gingersnap. Or do I install both and just use gingersnap to complete.

Sorry if these seem like stupid noob questions, but short of a few days of reading thru rooting sites I am a noob.

I may sound nervous, but i dont want to do this till I understand a little better. Cant afford a brand new paperweight.

Over at the gingerbreak site they are talking about needing a formated sd card, is that the case here?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #116  

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Yeah sorry, it only took 5 times reading thru and a second attempt on the lg mobile tools to find the driver !!

If you dont mind, here are the steps I have taken.

installed .net4 and visc+redistrib
    installed the lg mobile tools and proper driver.

now the 2 attatched files, are they both needed or just the gingersnap. Or do I install both and just use gingersnap to complete.

Sorry if these seem like stupid noob questions, but short of a few days of reading thru rooting sites I am a noob.

I may sound nervous, but i dont want to do this till I understand a little better. Cant afford a brand new paperweight.

Over at the gingerbreak site they are talking about needing a formated sd card, is that the case here?
    Source Code:
    The modified GingerBreak source code is attached to this post. The filename is gingerbreak-mod-gs-src.zip
    Unless you plan on using the source code, the file you DON'T need is gingerbreak-mod-gs-src.zip.

Also, make absolutely certain that USB debugging is turned ON. This can be done by going to Settings->Applications->Development and making sure USB debugging is checked. It may help to enable "Stay awake" as well.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Unless you plan on using the source code, the file you DON'T need is gingerbreak-mod-gs-src.zip.

Also, make absolutely certain that USB debugging is turned ON. This can be done by going to Settings->Applications->Development and making sure USB debugging is checked. It may help to enable "Stay awake" as well.
    Give that Ginger Insomnia before you steal its soul :P

thanks!

Im getting this done!!! Thanks all for the great How-to's!

I'm going to be rooting and installing the Reborn ROM on a coworker's Optimus S tomorrow. Thanks for this, it'll save me a bunch of time.

great work

Default root

where is the optimus s root zip

Quote Originally Posted by fcm2124 View Post
    Is that a question or a demand LMAO

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by fcm2124 View Post
    you want the root zip or gingersnap, if you want gingersnap there is an attachment at the bottom of the first post under "attachments"
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

ROM
    Stock (For Now)

I in no way want this to come across like I'm ungrateful because this could not have been easier and it worked perfectly, but I was wondering if there are plans for this to include an unroot feature?

Thank you again, this is awesome!
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast