Customize Keyboard?

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
I have been searching for a way to customize the keyboard on my Optimus S. I found the link below which looks promising but the themer always times out before i can finish creating a theme. Anyone else know of a way to customize keyboard colors and such?

Create Your Own Custom HTC_IME Keyboard - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

EDIT: Ok I got the themer to finish and it works great except the keyboard it generated is GIANT. I can only see half the keyboard lol

Last edited:

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
worked for me sir... check ur brower

Did you install the keyboard by any chance and if so was it the correct size?

EDIT: I think the problem is I used the "HIGH RES" themer and I need to use the low res for HVGA. I'll try again n update.

UPDATE: The themer works like a charm but you must choose low res for Optimus S. Also the themer crashes half the time no matter what browser you use (IE, Firefox, Chrome) so if you get a browser error just close the browser and try again in 5 minutes.

Last edited:

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
While I am definitely enjoying customizing the htc keyboard....I miss the functionality of swype. After looking into things it would appear there are a few swype skins out there as well. They appear to be for different phones though so the resolution is different.

Was wondering if anyone has found/made an Optimus skin for the swype keyboard?

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Ya the timing out is a bit annoying. I think wherever its hosted can't take the load. At least if you go with the custom options your uploads will still show up the next time you login.

I might hit up the dev and see if he wants to set it up on a dedicated server I have on a 100Mb connection but I doubt he would be in the mood to move it lol.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
The keyboard customization appears to be working MUCH better now. I have made multiple keyboards and the kitchen has not timed out once. Every so often it takes a min or two to generate keyboard but it is working fine.