Gingerbreaked Stock VD

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey all I had a few hours of free time so I decided to revert back to stock reinstall v9-vd updates then gingerbreak it. When I did I made a nandroid before I installed anything personal so here it is for anyone to use?. Gingerbreak Stock VD?
Hope this helps some one :cool:

BTW this wouldn't have been possible without all the great talents of quite a few people Im going to try and name them all but I probably will leave one out by accident sorry...

Zefie for his Unroot to stock guide
Sebastian for his Gingerbreak exploit
Drewwalton19216801 for his one click root that took 1 minute instead of 20 mins on adb as I tend to mistype commands lol
Nick7, Drellisdee, Beezy, KSmithInNY and everyone else for there time Roms and helping hands...

stockVD.zip

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey all I had a few hours of free time so I decided to revert back to stock reinstall v9-vd updates then gingerbreak it. When I did I made a nandroid before I installed anything personal so here it is for anyone to use?. Gingerbreak Stock VD?

BTW this wouldn't have been possible without all the great talents of quite a few people Im going to try and name them all but I probably will leave one out by accident sorry...

Drewwalton19216801 for his one click root that took 1 minute instead of 20 mins on adb as I tend to mistype commands lol
Nick7, Drellisdee, Beezy, KSmithInNY and everyone else for there time Roms and helping hands...

stockVD.zip

If this is a nandroid backup, did you clear ALL user data first?

If you didn't you need to disable the link until you upload a dump with the data cleared.

Reactions: deathangel1496

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes sir it's clear no user data aka blank contacts no gmail signed in ect ... I appreciate the privacy concern though thanks :)

No worries, just making sure you weren't going to get any account info stolen :)

Posting nandroid dumps is generally discouraged but if you made sure to clear all user data I don't see any issues.

I'm sure this will greatly help someone :)

EDIT: This thread has been added to my signature.

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but I have one of the newer Optiuses which come with the new LCD hardware, which means if I install a radio lower than ZVC, my screen will be blank..... so it's only the older Optimus that can use that.... so what do I do??

I have the same problem. I just decided to goto VD stock rom with no root and have V9 recovery (no screen). Hopefully Sprint wont notice (phone is going back for a replacement).

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
This is a clean VD backkup, which is exactly what your device needs. It is the most recent version of the LG Optimus software.

Last edited:

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I understand that, but I want to completely revert to stock (no root, no recovery) but that will install V8 stock recovery, and a V8 stock rom..... so.... I ask again... what do I do? :'(

I am not following what you are saying. The VD nandroid will put a stock VD software on it, not V8. Whatever recovery and radio you have now, will remain. If you want the stock recovery, go to the link that was provided and, if I remember correctly, you can put on the original stock recovery. You may have to remove a few additional files depending on what the gingerbreak copies, e.g., superuser. Shouldn't be too hard to determine those. After that, for all intents and purposes, it would be hard to tell this isn't a stock phone with the latest version of software. You may have to be careful with the original stock recovery though because of the driver issues.

Last edited:

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I am not following what you are saying. The VD nandroid will put a stock VD software on it, not V8. Whatever recovery and radio you have now, will remain. If you want the stock recovery, go to the link that was provided and, if I remember correctly, you can put on the stock recovery.

The link is about installing the stock V9 recovery. Newer phones the LCD wont work when you goto recovery since the newer phones need VD.

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
The link is about installing the stock V9 recovery. Newer phones the LCD wont work when you goto recovery since the newer phones need VD.

Yup, that's what I was trying to say on the last sentence on my response about the original stock recovery and drivers.

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted everyone to know that I was lucky enough to win a Evo 3D :cool: so I jumped ship to it. I will periodically be coming back to the Optimus Forums however if my link for stock VD is dead please PM me and I will be happy to reup it. Thanks everyone for all your help and advice it was a fun year I had with you and my optimus :)

Reactions: jaydeeadams

justnick707

May 31, 2011
Visit site

stockVD.zip
thank you, thank you, thank you very very much. Long story short, i lost my backup when upgraded SD card. I didn't realize it till I messed my phone up installing a bad custom dialer and went to restore and didn't have my backup anymore. This really saved me.

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
thank you, thank you, thank you very very much. Long story short, i lost my backup when upgraded SD card. I didn't realize it till I messed my phone up installing a bad custom dialer and went to restore and didn't have my backup anymore. This really saved me.

Hey No Problem at all man... makes me happy I can help. :cool:

dov717

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Getting a signature error in recovery, tried toggling signature verification off, still not working, what am I doing wrong?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk