Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOKP Stable

Default Gingerbreaked Stock VD

Hey all I had a few hours of free time so I decided to revert back to stock reinstall v9-vd updates then gingerbreak it. When I did I made a nandroid before I installed anything personal so here it is for anyone to use…. Gingerbreak Stock VD…
    Hope this helps some one

BTW this wouldn't have been possible without all the great talents of quite a few people Im going to try and name them all but I probably will leave one out by accident sorry...

Zefie for his Unroot to stock guide
    Sebastian for his Gingerbreak exploit
    Drewwalton19216801 for his one click root that took 1 minute instead of 20 mins on adb as I tend to mistype commands lol
    Nick7, Drellisdee, Beezy, KSmithInNY and everyone else for there time Roms and helping hands...

Forgot to backup stock on your Optimus S? Use Mine!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...-stock-vd.html

Anon-A-Moose
    "A pig headed individual with no coding skills ruining Android since 2009"

Thanks Everyone for your hard work!!!

Thank Button.... it's not just for looks....
    Thanked by 33:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamoose View Post
    Hey all I had a few hours of free time so I decided to revert back to stock reinstall v9-vd updates then gingerbreak it. When I did I made a nandroid before I installed anything personal so here it is for anyone to use…. Gingerbreak Stock VD…
    Hope this helps some one

BTW this wouldn't have been possible without all the great talents of quite a few people Im going to try and name them all but I probably will leave one out by accident sorry...

Drewwalton19216801 for his one click root that took 1 minute instead of 20 mins on adb as I tend to mistype commands lol
    Nick7, Drellisdee, Beezy, KSmithInNY and everyone else for there time Roms and helping hands...

If this is a nandroid backup, did you clear ALL user data first?

If you didn't you need to disable the link until you upload a dump with the data cleared.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    AOKP Stable

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    If this is a nandroid backup, did you clear ALL user data first?

If you didn't you need to disable the link until you upload a dump with the data cleared.
    Yes sir it's clear no user data aka blank contacts no gmail signed in ect ... I appreciate the privacy concern though thanks

Anon-A-Moose

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Yes sir it's clear no user data aka blank contacts no gmail signed in ect ... I appreciate the privacy concern though thanks
    No worries, just making sure you weren't going to get any account info stolen

Posting nandroid dumps is generally discouraged but if you made sure to clear all user data I don't see any issues.

I'm sure this will greatly help someone

EDIT: This thread has been added to my signature.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Hey, thanks a ton for this. It's really good to have laying around just in case. I forgot to make a clean nand after upgrading to VD and was kicking myself in the arse for it this whole time. LOL
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Hey, thanks a ton for this. It's really good to have laying around just in case. I forgot to make a clean nand after upgrading to VD and was kicking myself in the arse for it this whole time. LOL
    Yeah I hear you. I was going to post one but now I don't need to
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Yeah I hear you. I was going to post one but now I don't need to
    Ya, honestly I figured that if I needed one, you would have one for sure.

Global Posts
    1,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydeeadams View Post
    Hey guys, thaks for the ZVD backup, but I want to unroot and go back to LG's Stock Recovery. I want to start from scratch since I'm new to Android..... I really would appreciate it if you guys can give me instructions.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...urn-stock.html
    "Th- th- thinking of a master plan"

Yeah, but I have one of the newer Optiuses which come with the new LCD hardware, which means if I install a radio lower than ZVC, my screen will be blank..... so it's only the older Optimus that can use that.... so what do I do??
    I have the same problem. I just decided to goto VD stock rom with no root and have V9 recovery (no screen). Hopefully Sprint wont notice (phone is going back for a replacement).

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

This is a clean VD backkup, which is exactly what your device needs. It is the most recent version of the LG Optimus software.
    Last edited by hlxanthus; 06-06-2011 at 10:12 PM.

ROM
    Customized GB.

I understand that, but I want to completely revert to stock (no root, no recovery) but that will install V8 stock recovery, and a V8 stock rom..... so.... I ask again... what do I do?

I am not following what you are saying. The VD nandroid will put a stock VD software on it, not V8. Whatever recovery and radio you have now, will remain. If you want the stock recovery, go to the link that was provided and, if I remember correctly, you can put on the original stock recovery. You may have to remove a few additional files depending on what the gingerbreak copies, e.g., superuser. Shouldn't be too hard to determine those. After that, for all intents and purposes, it would be hard to tell this isn't a stock phone with the latest version of software. You may have to be careful with the original stock recovery though because of the driver issues.
    Last edited by O.a.T.; 06-07-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
    I am not following what you are saying. The VD nandroid will put a stock VD software on it, not V8. Whatever recovery and radio you have now, will remain. If you want the stock recovery, go to the link that was provided and, if I remember correctly, you can put on the stock recovery.
    The link is about installing the stock V9 recovery. Newer phones the LCD wont work when you goto recovery since the newer phones need VD.

ROM
    Customized GB.

Quote Originally Posted by bob2300 View Post
    The link is about installing the stock V9 recovery. Newer phones the LCD wont work when you goto recovery since the newer phones need VD.
    Yup, that's what I was trying to say on the last sentence on my response about the original stock recovery and drivers.

ROM
    LeWa/Bobzhome

rock on! you guys are so awesome!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    AOKP Stable

Default Re: Gingerbreaked Stock VD

I just wanted everyone to know that I was lucky enough to win a Evo 3D so I jumped ship to it. I will periodically be coming back to the Optimus Forums however if my link for stock VD is dead please PM me and I will be happy to reup it. Thanks everyone for all your help and advice it was a fun year I had with you and my optimus

Anon-A-Moose

Hope this helps some one

thank you, thank you, thank you very very much. Long story short, i lost my backup when upgraded SD card. I didn't realize it till I messed my phone up installing a bad custom dialer and went to restore and didn't have my backup anymore. This really saved me.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    AOKP Stable

Quote Originally Posted by justnick707 View Post
    thank you, thank you, thank you very very much. Long story short, i lost my backup when upgraded SD card. I didn't realize it till I messed my phone up installing a bad custom dialer and went to restore and didn't have my backup anymore. This really saved me.
    Hey No Problem at all man... makes me happy I can help.

Anon-A-Moose

Getting a signature error in recovery, tried toggling signature verification off, still not working, what am I doing wrong?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Did you rename the backup and use spaces?? Sounds like that's the problem

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    dov717 

Quote Originally Posted by jondevere View Post
    Did you rename the backup and use spaces?? Sounds like that's the problem

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Nope, no rename, says "E:No signature (5 files)" etc.

DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

How is the V9 recovery image differnent than the VD? Does the radio update also update the recovery files?

Smile Re: Gingerbreaked Stock VD

Quote Originally Posted by dov717 View Post
    Nope, no rename, says "E:No signature (5 files)" etc.

Unzipped, copied to the sd, used recovery backup and restore to restore, worked!

Thanks jondevere!

maybe this is a dumb question, but i'm still kinda new the the rooting and whatnot. i just have to flash this and i have a stock rooted phone on VD?

Correct

Quote Originally Posted by dov717 View Post
    Unzipped, copied to the sd, used recovery backup and restore to restore, worked!

Thanks jondevere!
    so i have to unzip it and flash it for it to work (sorry if its s dumb question lol)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast