Stuck in custom recovery loop

buckeye_jeff

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday when I pulled my phone out of my pocket I was at my custom recovery?s main screen (RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM). When I tried to reboot it went to the ?LG? screen like it was going to boot but it went directly back to the recovery screen. I wiped cache and dalvik rebooted no luck. Wiped them again restored nandroid backup no luck. Wiped data/factory, cache and dalvik again and did a fresh install of the Reborn ROM zip still only recovery.

Any ideas what I can do to get my phone to boot?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
U try gettin another custom recovery? Like Xionia??? If ADB can see your phone u could flash it with OSCC tools. Easiest way I can think of for you.

buckeye_jeff

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
U try gettin another custom recovery? Like Xionia??? If ADB can see your phone u could flash it with OSCC tools. Easiest way I can think of for you.

ADB can see the phone. I was able to give a reboot command from adb but it reboot right back to recovery. I tried to use OSCC. When I to use "setting" to load Xionia I get an error and can't download the recovery.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
ADB can see the phone. I was able to give a reboot command from adb but it reboot right back to recovery. I tried to use OSCC. When I to use "setting" to load Xionia I get an error and can't download the recovery.
I know what he is saying.. you are prob using Beta 4. Try Beta 3.. the download portion of Beta 4 was kinda buggy :p Ill get the link for u....

madblah

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
go install xiona's like jon said that should fix it ive dealt with this error before, precisely the same scenario xD
I have also apparently found myself with an optimus s that is stuck in recovery loop. It was stock and then was rooted and custom recovery installed. a titanium backup was done prior after root. a recovery backup was done as was a nand backup. I currently have a system dump that is sitting on my laptop for the phone. at some point a factory data reset was performed while the phone was booted normally. I have attempted to install a different recovery using OSCC beta 3 fixed but so far no luck. it will not boot past the recovery menu. I have also attempted to push a recovery install out to it directly in the adb shell. I am receiving an arguement stating that the sd-ext is a non existent directory. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
This is from an original post by Zefie. Give it a shot. It has worked in the past for me.

Guys with the Custom Recovery Boot Loop:
First off this is NOT a recovery image and do NOT flash it, follow the instructions provided!

1) Download recovery.bin
2) Extract file with 7zip or WinRAR or whatever.
3) Open a command prompt to the same folder as where you placed extracted recovery.bin

4) Run these adb commands
adb push recovery.bin /rec
adb shell chmod +x /rec
adb shell /rec

5) Now you should see LG's recovery menu. Simply hit "reboot" (first option).
6) Boot loop should now be gone.

Tech Details: LG has some funny voodoo going on and only their recovery can tell the phone to stop booting into recovery. This is why it says "do not remove the battery" on their recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463