PC Still Won't Recognize Optimus

Blake1288

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if it could be my data cable or what. I've installed every driver -- twice. I also have the SDK and the Super App, nothing seems to help. Any tips? Am I missing something? I got everything right from the LG website. I'm just wondering if it's my cheap data cable. Maybe it's only for charging. It has USB, though.

Also, if I can't get this to work, I know it was already posted as a question, but in the custom recovery topic it says I can use a terminal on my phone. Which, I've tried doing now three times. All three in the market. None of them will work and none of them ask for SuperUser.

Any help is appreciated.

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is your system 64bit? I was having the same problem until I tried switching to a 32bit system, once I did that it worked fine. If you don't have a 32bit machine try using a virtual machine, both worked fine for me.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
U can try disabling driver signatures, f8 during reboot( ????) I had to put my PC into test mode to get my phone recognized again....

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Double-check the USB port on your computer. I was just having this same issue today, and it turns out my front-side USB ports are either going out or are REALLY dirty because I plugged it into the rear ports and whaddya know instant connection.

Blake1288

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
@dcleveng; I'm running XP. Does that matter?

@jstnp; Yes, it's on...

@pitmasterme; I'll try that here in a bit.

@drewwalton; Will try that now.

mottman

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with the stock cable. I got a different aftermarket cable and everything worked great. My stock cable charges the phone fine but won't connect for a USB data transfer.

Alvis

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
---UNPLUG YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT UNPLUGGED DURING THIS LITTLE TUTORIAL---
Ok, so download both things i have uploaded here Downloads.rar, Virustotal virus scan here VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner, then extract both, doesnt matter what directory. Now, run usbdeview.exe and look for anything android and right click and uninstall it, or ctrl+click to select multiple to uninstall, btw im on XP too ;D. Now, run the setup.exe or whatever that you extracted from the lgls670.rar, after it sets up, REBOOT, i know i hate that word too, just do it, then plug your phone in and it should be recognizing it. To tell how, go to your adb terminal and type adb devices, if your device still isn't listed Google Talk me, alvisleet@gmail.com

Last edited:

Alvis

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Will try them both, thanks fellas. Also, I got Reborn to run via terminal emulator anyway. It's amazing!

oh another thing, download adb wireless app from the market, its a widget, add the widget to your homescreen and then type this in adb, after running it of course

adb connect [ip : port]

i suggest you do it over wifi ;)