Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: jondevere

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Look in the notes for the app...

Chainfire is for 1Ghz+ phones only....

Not sure I understand your post. Are you saying it doesn't work because it says so in the notes of the app? Because anim4l is saying it works, which would imply that it ran on his phone (as it did on mine) and it accomplished things (as it did on mine). I checked the app out when I first saw it on andreddit and it works fine on mine. Unfortunately I'm still running the free version, so I can't check out the new Tegra plugin (needs pro to work).

anim4l

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I understand your post. Are you saying it doesn't work because it says so in the notes of the app? Because anim4l is saying it works, which would imply that it ran on his phone (as it did on mine) and it accomplished things (as it did on mine). I checked the app out when I first saw it on andreddit and it works fine on mine. Unfortunately I'm still running the free version, so I can't check out the new Tegra plugin (needs pro to work).

What would you need the Tegra plugin for? PM me :3

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
OpenGL ES 2.0 is supported on our Adreno 200 Graphics core. The post just says that most 1Ghz phones have it but not that they are the only ones. Since you say it worked fine on yours, are there noticeable performance increases?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
OpenGL ES 2.0 is supported on our Adreno 200 Graphics core. The post just says that most 1Ghz phones have it but not that they are the only ones. Since you say it worked fine on yours, are there noticeable performance increases?
Thats what i wanted to know.. thanks

anim4l

May 5, 2011
Visit site

So far I've tested :
Angry Birds : FPS increase (doesn't get all sluggish for me when u smash thru a crapload o things)
Minebuilder : SEAMLESS! Runs AMAZING compared to the slight chop before
If anyone cares to have me test any games or anything post or PM me and ill give it a shot (ill even test as many settings as i can)

Last edited:

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Probably wants the Tegra plugin because it says it can emulate those graphics cores so you can run games meant only for those chipsets. I bet it would lag like molasses though.

anim4l

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Any effects on battery life?

not sure, I'd assume not, if any very little. I just installed it and will let you know. Why not be a brave little boy and try it for yourself? I might be rude and lie to you all :3

I have the plugins, however without an app to try that needs those plugins, does me no good :3

Queueyou

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Look in the notes for the app...

Chainfire is for 1Ghz+ phones only....

Actually:

Requirements
- OpenGL ES 2.0 (every 1ghz+ phone has this)
- SuperUser / Root
- Writable /system (it will try to remount system as read/write when needed, but the changes need to stick between reboots)
- S-OFF ?
- Having root access from recovery is a big plus to solve problems if you run into them (run "/system/lib/cf3d_uninstall.sh" as root to remove the driver and restore the old one)

He's not saying a 1ghz phone is needed, just that your phone must have OpenGL ES 2.0 which he states every 1ghz phone and up has it (not saying that ones like ours does not).

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually:

He's not saying a 1ghz phone is needed, just that your phone must have OpenGL ES 2.0 which he states every 1ghz phone and up has it (not saying that ones like ours does not).
Idk why everyone is stuck up on this lol. Personally I ran this for the last day and it Killed my battery life and my FPS went down. So um.. have fun with a sluggish phone that video is set up and intended for a Faster Processor... enjoy Angry Birds LMFAO. Personally i dont care :p

anim4l

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Idk why everyone is stuck up on this lol. Personally I ran this for the last day and it Killed my battery life and my FPS went down. So um.. have fun with a sluggish phone that video is set up and intended for a Faster Processor... enjoy Angry Birds LMFAO. Personally i dont care :p

Incorrect, it wasn't meant to run on a faster phone. Idk why they are still hung up on it and idk why YOU are still complaining. If it does't work, uninstall. If you don't like the "battery drain" uninstall. You think because of it being modded drivers that you can control (lol ever heard of settings?) that you can turn DOWN processor intensive things (which would in theory make it choppy, however if u use the correct settings you won't have this) and it also says (If you read the XDA page) that it DOES NOT work on ALL games and can cause some to CRASH or run sluggish.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Incorrect, it wasn't meant to run on a faster phone. Idk why they are still hung up on it and idk why YOU are still complaining. We have a DUAL CORE PROCESSOR PHONE.
Not complainin... just noticed nothing better on my cell but FPS droppin. Once we have apps that need this to run then we can see whats up.. Until we do its kinda pointless for now. Good find tho Bro!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Incorrect, it wasn't meant to run on a faster phone. Idk why they are still hung up on it and idk why YOU are still complaining. We have a DUAL CORE PROCESSOR PHONE.

Please note that the above quote has since been edited by anim4l, but the below information is still important and relevant.

I was not going to reply in this thread until I saw this. We do not have a dual core processor phone. We have a single-core 600 MHz Qualcomm MSM7627 processor. There is a second 400MHz (I think that's the speed) core/chip that is dedicated to modem functions only. I suppose you could call it a "dual-core processor" in that it has two cores, but only one of them is actually used for system software and applications. But it is NOT a dual-core processor like a computer may have.

Also, I generally try not to take sides but I have been using Chainfire3D lately and while I have not seen any significant difference in battery life, I have noticed that many graphically intensive apps (Angry Birds in particular) seem to get lower frame rates since installing Chainfire3D. Please note that this is personal opinion/experience and should not be taken as a fact, but it is something to be aware of.

Last edited:

anim4l

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I was not going to reply in this thread until I saw this. We do not have a dual core processor phone. We have a single-core 600 MHz Qualcomm MSM7627 processor. There is a second 400MHz (I think that's the speed) core/chip that is dedicated to modem functions only.

Please do not provide incorrect information like that, as we have many members who are new to this phone and new to Android in general.

Also, I generally try not to take sides but I have been using Chainfire3D lately and while I have not seen any significant difference in battery life, I have noticed that many graphically intensive apps (Angry Birds in particular) seem to get lower frame rates since installing Chainfire3D. Please note that this is personal opinion/experience and should not be taken as a fact, but it is something to be aware of.

I edited my post before you posted this, that was from a quote. I suggest you edit accordinly as to not confuse or further disrupt this thread. Thanks.

Edit : Thank you. I realized my mistake and corrected it and I'm glad you understood.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I edited my post before you posted this, that was from a quote. I suggest you edit accordinly as to not confuse or further disrupt this thread. Thanks.

Edit : Thank you. I realized my mistake and corrected it and I'm glad you understood.

No harm, no foul.

Also, about Chainfire3D. If you haven't done so already, you may want to put a disclaimer of some sort in the first post that says the performance benefits gained are from personal experience. Obviously, there is quite a debate about whether or not Chainfire3D REALLY improves OpenGL performance. Adding that disclaimer may also prevent huge blow-ups like the previous pages. Just food for thought.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan