Apps wont update using reborn rom v 2.1

JBone377

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My apps will not update when using reborn rom.

Either I get an error message saying 'package file invalid' or there is no message at all and my phone pretends like nothing is happening.

Is anyone else having this problem? Please let me know

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope not me... Maybe try doing a dirty flash of reborn again. Did you JUST install Reborn? Or have u changed any system files?

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
My apps will not update when using reborn rom.

Either I get an error message saying 'package file invalid' or there is no message at all and my phone pretends like nothing is happening.

Is anyone else having this problem? Please let me know

Reboot to recovery, clear cache, reboot.

64fairlane

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
You have too many apps. When this happens to me, I delete a large app or two (like Facebook, twitter) then update my apps, then restore the apps I deleted using titanium backup.

Also, as suggested, you need to wipe cache.

Even if it says you have enough internal memory, this is what helps me fix the problem.

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
This was because the dalvik cache was moved to the cache partition... and it's filled the cache partition because of having too many apps installed.

mikegerard

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem and tried reflashing dirty and clean. I never did figure it out. So then I tried flashing S-rom. The phone's working much better. Much faster boot times (maybe 30 seconds now) and no package file issues.

I guess I should have tried reflashing reborn but this seems fine so I'll stick with it for a while.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34